[0.24.2] Interstellar Lite - Tweakscale Integration [v0.12.3][Sept 7]

WaveFunctionP

Yeah that's what i mean. I just want to use the beamed power mechanic and not have all the extra stuff

Edit: looking in the config file for the pack there are these options:

ThermalMechanicsDisabled = False

RadiatorEmissiveGlowDisabled = False

I think the top one is what im talking about, but i don't know what the bottom one is

RadiatorEmissiveGlowDisabled controls whether the plugin will try to animate radiators glowing if they get hot enough to glow. It's a graphical setting that shouldn't affect gameplay, but it's configurable in case you have a radiator where the result is unsightly or bugged.

For ThermalMechanicsDisabled, I was able to find the code that reads the setting from the config file, but I couldn't find any heat-management code that looks at it. It looks like ThermalMechanicsDisabled is another for the list of unfinished or abandoned features that Fractal_UK left evidence of in the plugin.

You're correct that the precooler cools only intakes that are stack-attached to the precooler, and you'll run into heating if you have any other intakes open.

Since 0.24, the stock part that Interstellar grabs for the precooler has had a built-in intake. Because the precooler module looks for a stack-attached intake, the built-in intake doesn't count as cooled. You will likely get better performance by closing it when you start to run into heating.

There's only one plugin, but you can remove the ModuleManager patches that add the intake-heating modules to the non-Interstellar parts. Interstellar/rapier.cfg handles all of the stock parts and can be removed in full. b9aero.cfg includes code to add radiators to cargo bay doors in addition to adding heating to the SABRE engines, so if you use B9 you may want to cut some of the file and keep the rest.

That will take the intake-heating mechanic off your hands if you're using stock engines. The thermal turbojet has the precooler requirement hardcoded in the plugin, so you'll want to keep the precoolers around if you want thermal turbojets.

The need for radiators to run reactors and generators is non-negotiable without a major refactor of the plugin, and since it's a major part of how the reactors are balanced, there's not likely to be much interest in removing it.

Turbojets do not require precoolers any more than other engines. The pre-cooler basically counts the number intakes that are cooled or not and spits out a ratio. It did more complicated searching for connected parts before, but when the intake was added to the part, it basically broke it. So I told to look for any intake. This means that the precooler part is like a free intake as far as the heating is concerned with no restrictions on placement.

Has anyone watched this yet?

According to Dr. White (in regards to warp drive) the warp bubble has no sense of direction so you need to use more conventional propulsion to give your spacecraft an initial velocity in the direction you want to warp. Then when you activate the warp bubble space starts "piling up" in the appropriate orientation. So basically in terms of KSP the warp effect should happen in the direction of your prograde vector regardless of how your ship is oriented.

He talks about this at 50:25

http://i.imgur.com/uHj29Je.png

I cant get the thermal turbojet to work. I'm playing in sandbox mode. It says intake air deprived no matter what intake I use. Any ideas what i did wrong?

You're turbojet is in IntakeATM mode, and i can see from your resource panel that you have no IntakeATM. i think you're CRP or ORS installs are meltered. short term fix, toggle propellant to intakeAir (which you have 2.00 of according to the resource panel). Long term fix, delete your CRP, ORS and Interstellar folders and reisntall the latest versions to make sure you don't have any weird-ness-ess. this is common if you still have chunks of the WarpPluggin version laying about.

You're turbojet is in IntakeATM mode, and i can see from your resource panel that you have no IntakeATM. i think you're CRP or ORS installs are meltered. short term fix, toggle propellant to intakeAir (which you have 2.00 of according to the resource panel). Long term fix, delete your CRP, ORS and Interstellar folders and reisntall the latest versions to make sure you don't have any weird-ness-ess. this is common if you still have chunks of the WarpPluggin version laying about.

Thank you that worked. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Heh, just had the same issue. Will do a clean-out, see if that works.

Edit: ORS folder/Plugins had too many .dll's, for anyone looking to future troubleshoot

Edited by Threadsinger

I don't know whats going on.

I'm having 0.24.2 (x86) and Interstellar Lite v0.12.3.

I played the game, fooled around with Space Planes, quit because I wanted the VNG plugin. Installed it, restarted KSP and wanted to research it in the Tech Tree. But upon entering the R&D I get an error message in the debug log:

Adding new node: newnode_7144

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RDNode.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:.ctor(String, Type[])
TreeEdit.TreeLoader:AddNode()
TreeEdit.TreeLoader:LoadNodes(String)
TreeEdit.TreeLoader:Update()

(Filename: Line: -1)

Adding new node: newnode_71440

And I'm unable to leave the R&D scene because when clicking on "Close" I get another error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Contracts.Contract.Save (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.OnSave (.ConfigNode gameNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Game.Updated () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RDSceneSpawner.onRDDespawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RDController.CloseButton (.POINTER_INFO& ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) EZInputDelegate:invoke_void__this___POINTER_INFO& (POINTER_INFO&)

at UIButton.OnInput (.POINTER_INFO& ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AutoSpriteControlBase.OnInput (POINTER_INFO ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIManager.DispatchHelper (.POINTER_INFO& curPtr, Int32 camIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIManager.DispatchInput () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Only way to get out is Alt+F4.

Even after uninstalling the VNG plugin (which is only 1 folder) I still keep getting the same error ... ?!

I don't know whats going on.

I'm having 0.24.2 (x86) and Interstellar Lite v0.12.3.

I played the game, fooled around with Space Planes, quit because I wanted the VNG plugin. Installed it, restarted KSP and wanted to research it in the Tech Tree. But upon entering the R&D I get an error message in the debug log:

Adding new node: newnode_7144

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RDNode.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:.ctor(String, Type[])
TreeEdit.TreeLoader:AddNode()
TreeEdit.TreeLoader:LoadNodes(String)
TreeEdit.TreeLoader:Update()

Adding new node: newnode_71440

And I'm unable to leave the R&D scene because when clicking on "Close" I get another error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Contracts.Contract.Save (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.OnSave (.ConfigNode gameNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Game.Updated () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RDSceneSpawner.onRDDespawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RDController.CloseButton (.POINTER_INFO& ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) EZInputDelegate:invoke_void__this___POINTER_INFO& (POINTER_INFO&)

at UIButton.OnInput (.POINTER_INFO& ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AutoSpriteControlBase.OnInput (POINTER_INFO ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIManager.DispatchHelper (.POINTER_INFO& curPtr, Int32 camIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIManager.DispatchInput () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Only way to get out is Alt+F4.

Even after uninstalling the VNG plugin (which is only 1 folder) I still keep getting the same error ... ?!

I don't know what VNG, but it looks like treeloader was attempting to add a node in the first error and had a problem. You may be able to delete the tree.cfg from your save folder and see if that clears the issue.

I wanted to use transmitted microwave to power my science lab, but my receivers only receive power when I have a plasma thruster/engine attached to the craft. Is this a bug or a feature? I have never used KSPI before using this version.

http://i.imgur.com/uc37OLI.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/leO0Dkx.jpg

If it's not throttling power correctly, then disable auto mode.

ok so the recommended reinstall procedure is to delete old folders used by interstellar and replace em with new HOWEVER i couldnt help but notice that several folders used by interstellar are also used by other mods so wouldn't deleting them cause sadness? for example, the communityresourcepack in my gamedata has two confirmed files NOT found in the communityresourcepack bundled with interstellar and that is Kerbin_Water.png and Tylo_Water.png. are those needed?

edit- ok ive found that those files are for MKS so i suppose ill delete the folders, reinstall from interstellar, and then merge rovers CRP over the interstellar one and see what happens. also i noticed MKS uses ORS 1.2.0 whereas KSPI-lite uses 1.2.1. i think its bad to have more than one so ill remove the older one

Edited by Jagzeplin

CRP should be the same everywhere, and the latest version should be backwards compatible with everything, since that is the whole point of separating those resources out into a stand-alone community pack, but you could always go get the original distribution (Github deeplink), which should have everything (assuming modders are playing nicely). Considering RoverDude is the curator, this should definitely have his stuff in there.

ok so the recommended reinstall procedure is to delete old folders used by interstellar and replace em with new HOWEVER i couldnt help but notice that several folders used by interstellar are also used by other mods so wouldn't deleting them cause sadness? for example, the communityresourcepack in my gamedata has two confirmed files NOT found in the communityresourcepack bundled with interstellar and that is Kerbin_Water.png and Tylo_Water.png. are those needed?

edit- ok ive found that those files are for MKS so i suppose ill delete the folders, reinstall from interstellar, and then merge rovers CRP over the interstellar one and see what happens. also i noticed MKS uses ORS 1.2.0 whereas KSPI-lite uses 1.2.1. i think its bad to have more than one so ill remove the older one

they're not entirely the same though. for example in interstellar the commonresources.cfg in CRP for interstellar is a little older and has a few different values than the one from Rover. i use Rovers newer version as i generally assume newer is better

CRP is versioned like anything else - use the current versions please :)

For ORS, MKS/Karbonite/etc. use explicitly the one in the USI folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.