Orbit with the fewest number of SRBs.

@Lanfiex i\'m sorry but i am reluctant to share my craft files before i have made certain that orbit 13 is not going to make it to orbit. But at least you figured out part of the mechanics at work here. And really, 'shaking the tail' is the tricky part. I spend many many hours 'tuning' the craft to do just that.

@Lanfiex i\'m sorry but i am reluctant to share my craft files before i have made certain that orbit 13 is not going to make it to orbit. But at least you figured out part of the mechanics at work here. And really, 'shaking the tail' is the tricky part. I spend many many hours 'tuning' the craft to do just that.

Well good luck with 13. Just want to know how to build a more efficient rocket as I want to complete a entire SRB only mission to the moon with vector landing (which is possible just very insane) and get back but to do so I need to get at least 5 booster to make it to the moon at the moment I cant get even one unspent booster in to moons orbit.

I had a little breakthrough on Orbit 13. I managed to get the total weight down even further and got the max speed up to 2382ms, just 23ms less than the recorded top speed of Orbit 14. Apparently those 23 ms makes all the difference because i wasn\'t able to get Orbit 13 to a orbit with periapsis higher than 15km.

I have attached the craft files for Orbit 14 and 15.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.