[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

2 hours ago, BIGkGaming said:

Says 1.3 but can't seem to find a 1.3 version :huh:

Not to worry, this isn't a "mod" you are going to "install".  It is more of a mod for modders.  So any mod that uses these resources will have it bundled.  It doesn't do anything useful on its own.

The following inconsistencies were found:
CommunityResourcePack requires a version between 0.7.1 and any version inclusive.. However a incompatible version, 0.7.0.0, is in the resolver

Error!

???????

Found a typo, no idea if it breaks anything or fixes itself by using "name =" instead.

dispalyName

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = EnrichedUranium
	dispalyName = #LOC_CRP_EnrichedUranium_DisplayName // Nuclear fuel

10 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Found a typo, no idea if it breaks anything or fixes itself by using "name =" instead.

dispalyName

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = EnrichedUranium
	dispalyName = #LOC_CRP_EnrichedUranium_DisplayName // Nuclear fuel

Oops that's my fault. I'm not sure it it will work with the typo but either way I just fixed it.

Would adding the RCP Rock.cfg file that is listed in the root directory of the Github repo to my game do anything / horribly unbalance any bit of the USI mods?

Just curious as to why it existed but wasn't included in the CRP.

Edited by wile1411

There is a patch in this mod that updates the SurfaceScanner for the added resources - should the OrbitalScanner not be updated too?

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleResourceScanner
    MaxAbundanceAltitude = 500000
    RequiresUnlock = true
    ScannerType = 0
    ResourceName = Ore
}

Edit: @TheRagingIrishman I really do not know though ... ;.;

Same for the drills - adding each minable resource would make for one hell of a part menu, no?

It would be cool to get the drills to look at the concentrations for each present resource and produce them proportionately, like actually digging up the ground (instead of "prefiltering" the dirt for a specific resource) and "sorting" them into their available tanks, excess being dropped. Would require a new ModuleResourceHarvester for sure ..  hm ...

How are asteroids even handled? ModuleAsteroidDrill does not specify a resource, but CRP defines a presenceChance for each resource. Does one asteroid always contain only one resource then?

Edited by KerbMav

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, can I ask for a bit of help?

I don't seem to understand how am I supposed to scan asteroids with this mod on. All I can get is the total amount of resources on an asteroid, not a by-resource breakdown. And that is not particularly helpful. I mean, I can just check in savefile, but that's a bit inconvenient.

Although I only have the TACLS life support mod installed, I realized it had integration with hydrogen. This could be broken down or merged with things like electric charge and other things to make new materials.

When viewing a scan for the mun I had previously made, I saw the multitude of elements and resources that are not integrated with my mod. I wondered about getting hydrogen however.

Is "hydrates" the equivalent of hydrogen resource? And if so does a normal drill extract this from the surface? And if so to the second question, how can I switch hydrates to hydrogen?

1 hour ago, MCSquared said:

Although I only have the TACLS life support mod installed, I realized it had integration with hydrogen. This could be broken down or merged with things like electric charge and other things to make new materials.

When viewing a scan for the mun I had previously made, I saw the multitude of elements and resources that are not integrated with my mod. I wondered about getting hydrogen however.

Is "hydrates" the equivalent of hydrogen resource? And if so does a normal drill extract this from the surface? And if so to the second question, how can I switch hydrates to hydrogen?

Hydrates is a variant water resource.  With the right drills and converters you could turn it into water, and then into hydrogen (and oxygen).

Hydrates itself is mostly used with MKS and USI-LS, I believe.  Not sure what other parts can handle them.

I can't seem to get the CRP to load resources into the game. I need CarbonDioxide as an atmospheric resource for a mod I'm working on, but the database in the debug menu says that it has loaded 0 resources. Am I doing something wrong?

@Chirality Have you tested any CO2 harvester parts to see if they work? Make sure that they are moving as KSP 1.3 has a new bug where harvesters don't harvest if they have 0 horizontal velocity. (Incomplete code issues) CRP is a set-and-forget kind of mod so it should generate no issues in most cases.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...

is there a patch so this works with RealFuels?

i'm not getting any of it's resources in the RealFuels UI, so i can't put them in tanks, therefore i am unable to use them

Edited by Plecy75

3 hours ago, Plecy75 said:

is there a patch so this works with RealFuels?

i'm not getting any of it's resources in the RealFuels UI, so i can't put them in tanks, therefore i am unable to use them

I'm not sure you understand this "mod".  It is just a set of resource definitions for other mods that want to use the same resources so they are all defined the same way.  It doesn't "do" anything.  if you are having a real fuels issue you should bring it up in that thread.

• 2 weeks later...

One of our members has translated the TAC LS part of the Community Resource Pack. Here is the post with the link.

He has translated the relevant parts by changing strings to "displayName = #autoLOC // #autoLOC  = name" in Common Resources.

We would appreciate if devs would take a look and give further instructions how to make this work useful for everyone. Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Kerbal101 said:

One of our members has translated the TAC LS part of the Community Resource Pack. Here is the post with the link.

He has translated the relevant parts by changing strings to "displayName = #autoLOC // #autoLOC  = name" in Common Resources.

We would appreciate if devs would take a look and give further instructions how to make this work useful for everyone. Thanks!

@Kerbol101 check out my post in the russian translation thread. Basically, CRP is already set up for localization (just hasn't been released yet) and I have already set up a PR implementing the russian translations for the TAC resources.

• 3 weeks later...

During my cleanup efforts for my latest mod release, I noticed that KSP was giving me a duplicate resource definition error for FusionPellets. I finally tracked the issue down to CRP. Apparently, FusionPellets was added to CommonResources.cfg, right after ExoticMatter. I had no idea this had been done. FusionPellets is a resource I created for DSEV nearly three years ago. Why was this resource added? If there are other mods using it besides NFT (we have a mutual agreement on how it's defined), I wasn't consulted. I'm not opposed to having FusionPellets added to CRP- and suggested it two years ago- but I'd like to make sure I'm the curator of the resource that I've had in my mods for about three years now.

3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

During my cleanup efforts for my latest mod release, I noticed that KSP was giving me a duplicate resource definition error for FusionPellets. I finally tracked the issue down to CRP. Apparently, FusionPellets was added to CommonResources.cfg, right after ExoticMatter. I had no idea this had been done. FusionPellets is a resource I created for DSEV nearly three years ago. Why was this resource added? If there are other mods using it besides NFT (we have a mutual agreement on how it's defined), I wasn't consulted. I'm not opposed to having FusionPellets added to CRP- and suggested it two years ago- but I'd like to make sure I'm the curator of the resource that I've had in my mods for about three years now.

Do you know who added it?

1 minute ago, minepagan said:

Do you know who added it?

The FusionPellets resource is listed under

//******************************
//* SECTION 3 KSPI-E Curated
//******************************

So I'm guessing @FreeThinker, but as it is a community resource definition file, I can't be certain. FreeThinker, can you shed some light on this?

34 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

To change curation, just send a PR and add another section.  And yeah, if it was added under KSPI, odds are good that @FreeThinker added (tho easy enough to verify on Github).  

Now, if the definition ends up being different...  then I expect some folks need to chat.

Done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.