[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

Question about depletable resources. I've searched and read, and the last I found was that it was implemented in the old stock, but bugged, and since it was never part of the official release, it was never fixed.

Is there any plan to move forward with making planetary resources depletable? On the one hand, obviously, the amount of resource on a planet or moon is unlikely to be impacted by a few spaceships mining, but I imagine that easily accessible resources might be quite limited (stuff you could just pick up near the surface using simple mining equipment coming on a spaceship... 

I also think it would make the gameplay more interesting to have to move your drill points once in a while?

Is it something that could be created in a mod?

24 minutes ago, lyttol said:

Question about depletable resources. I've searched and read, and the last I found was that it was implemented in the old stock, but bugged, and since it was never part of the official release, it was never fixed.

Is there any plan to move forward with making planetary resources depletable? On the one hand, obviously, the amount of resource on a planet or moon is unlikely to be impacted by a few spaceships mining, but I imagine that easily accessible resources might be quite limited (stuff you could just pick up near the surface using simple mining equipment coming on a spaceship... 

I also think it would make the gameplay more interesting to have to move your drill points once in a while?

Given that is pretty much a stock question (yes CRP adds resources but just leverages the stock IRSU). you would probably be better asking in stock support.  It will probably get more traction there.

6 hours ago, lyttol said:

Kethane makes this possible and is still current. You can use its template to provide exhaustible deposits for all your choice resources, but it currently does not do background scanning so it's effectively unplayable with certain mods like life support. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23-8-2017 at 3:41 AM, RoverDude said:

Because they changed their API :P

I hate to ask for it again but could something be done about the CRP spacedock issue, the 0.6.5 is really old and is causing me problems because people assume they installed the latest version, but they don't and it causing exceptions in KSPI which assumed the latest CRP version 0.7.2 is installed. If you don't want to maintain it, please remove it from spacedock altogether

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on reviving the IFI LS mod, which has the following resource defined:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
  name = LifeSupport
  density = 0.0045
  unitCost = 40.0
  flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
  transfer = PUMP
  isTweakable = true
}

Is there any resource which is in the CRP which would be equivalent?

@linuxgurugamer CRP has Supplies (USI) and Food (TAC) but their densities and costs are much lower and very different.

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = Food
	displayName = #LOC_CRP_Food_DisplayName
	density = 0.00028102905982906
	hsp = 600 // specific heat capacity (kJ/tonne-K as units) // FIXME total guess
	flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
	transfer = PUMP
	isTweakable = true
   	isVisible = true
	unitCost = 0.238874700854701
	volume = 1
    ksparpicon = TriggerTech/KSPAlternateResourcePanel/Icons/Food
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
   name = Supplies
	displayName = #LOC_CRP_Supplies_DisplayName
   density = 0.001
   flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
   transfer = PUMP
   unitCost = 2.5
   isTweakable = true
	volume = 1
    ksparpicon = TriggerTech/KSPAlternateResourcePanel/Icons/Supplies
}

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@linuxgurugamer CRP has Supplies (USI) and Food (TAC) but their densities and costs are much lower and very different.

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = Food
	displayName = #LOC_CRP_Food_DisplayName
	density = 0.00028102905982906
	hsp = 600 // specific heat capacity (kJ/tonne-K as units) // FIXME total guess
	flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
	transfer = PUMP
	isTweakable = true
   	isVisible = true
	unitCost = 0.238874700854701
	volume = 1
    ksparpicon = TriggerTech/KSPAlternateResourcePanel/Icons/Food
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
   name = Supplies
	displayName = #LOC_CRP_Supplies_DisplayName
   density = 0.001
   flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
   transfer = PUMP
   unitCost = 2.5
   isTweakable = true
	volume = 1
    ksparpicon = TriggerTech/KSPAlternateResourcePanel/Icons/Supplies
}

Ok, thanks.

I have a couple of questions:

First, i'm working on another mod which is using a lot of what's in the CRP.  How can I make sure that the CRP definitions are used and not what's in the mod?

Second, the mod has Kethane listed, but it isn't in the CRP.  I assume that Kethane is used by the Kethane (duh) mod, but does anyone use it?  And again, how can I be sure that the correct version is loaded?

I suppose I could simply remove all the conflicts with CRP and make CRP a requirement, but still, what about the Kethane question?

Thanks

On 2017/10/11 at 4:26 PM, RoverDude said:

If you are using CRP resources, remove the duplicate mod definitions.

RE kethane, could always use MM to handle the relevant parts since the only thing using Kethane is eitther Kethane, or Kethane compatible mods.

I could not launch KSP1.3.1 with CRP installed. What's wrong with it?

The loading was stuck in the middle at ' Loading resources'.

Edited by OME

On 10/10/2017 at 11:13 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I have a couple of questions:

First, i'm working on another mod which is using a lot of what's in the CRP.  How can I make sure that the CRP definitions are used and not what's in the mod?

Second, the mod has Kethane listed, but it isn't in the CRP.  I assume that Kethane is used by the Kethane (duh) mod, but does anyone use it?  And again, how can I be sure that the correct version is loaded?

I suppose I could simply remove all the conflicts with CRP and make CRP a requirement, but still, what about the Kethane question?

Thanks

CRP contains Karbonite which is functionally identical to Kethane, but Karbonite is fully featured and up-to-date with things. (Just make everything work with CRP?)

• They are both hydrocarbon or hydrocarbon-alike
  • They are propellants and can convert into other propellants (and life support component resources...I did not know this was doable with Kethane)
  • They can be burned just for ElectricCharge
  • Kethane's only advantage right now is its deplete-able resource deposit system
30 minutes ago, OME said:

What does that mean? I could not use CRP in KSP1.3.1.

How should I do?

Any version of this works in any version of KSP but is useless by itself. CRP is only a library of standardized resource definitions and distributions. Any mod you have installed that uses non-stock resources likely needs this.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Any version of CRP works in any version of KSP but is useless by itself. CRP is only a library of standardized resource definitions and distributions. Any mod you have installed that uses non-stock resources likely needs CRP.

Thanks for reply.

Maybe I was misunderstood but I have edited my reply already.

I have tried for many times. Once I installed CRP, KSP would always be stuck that way. And if I uninstalled it, it would run finely.

So I assume it may be problem.

Don't you meet with the problem in KSP 1.3.1?

7 minutes ago, OME said:

Thanks for reply.

Maybe I was misunderstood but I have edited my reply already.

I have tried for many times. Once I installed CRP, KSP would always be stuck that way. And if I uninstalled it, it would run finely.

So I assume it may be problem.

Don't you meet with the problem in KSP 1.3.1?

CRP isn't the cause.  It is literally just a bunch of  resource definitions.  It doesn't do anything without another mod that uses the definition.

3 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

CRP isn't the cause.  It is literally just a bunch of  resource definitions.  It doesn't do anything without another mod that uses the definition.

That really confuses me.

I tried lots of times for every other mods installed, not including CRP-dependent mods, and the KSP runs finely. And then I installed CRP, also without any CRP-dependent mods installed( just CRP), the loading stuck. And then, I uninstalled CRP, everything turned to be fine, too.

If CRP isn't the cause, where the problem lies?

I think I find the problem.

I deleted all of the mods, except CRP, and changed the language to English, Russian and French. The game was launched perfectly.

BUT once I chose Chinese, the game was stuck at 'Loading Asset Bundles'. If I removed CRP, there was no such problem.

So I assume it may be the conflict between Chinese localization and CRP. Please help solve the problem, thank you.

Because there was no error happening, just being stuck when loading, I didn't find any error log to share. I am so sorry. Or if you hope me to upload something helpful, please just tell me.

8 minutes ago, OME said:

I think I find the problem.

I deleted all of the mods, except CRP, and changed the language to English, Russian and French. The game was launched perfectly.

BUT once I chose Chinese, the game was stuck at 'Loading Asset Bundles'. If I removed CRP, there was no such problem.

So I assume it may be the conflict between Chinese localization and CRP. Please help solve the problem, thank you.

Because there was no error happening, just being stuck when loading, I didn't find any error log to share. I am so sorry. Or if you hope me to upload something helpful, please just tell me.

I then deleted 'zh-cn.cfg' in 'GameData\CommunityResourcePack\Localization', the problem was solved.

So maybe it is the answer.

27 minutes ago, OME said:

I then deleted 'zh-cn.cfg' in 'GameData\CommunityResourcePack\Localization', the problem was solved.

So maybe it is the answer.

I kept 'zh-cn.cfg' and substituted the content in 'en-us.cfg' for that in 'zh-cn.cfg'.

The problem was also solved.

So I think there is something wrong with 'zh-ch.cfg'. I have checked the file. Except for that one sentence ' #LOC_CRP_LeadBallast_DisplayName = ' seems not complete, I didn't notice anything strange enough. 

But even if I comleted that sentence, the game was still launched incorrectly.

I am sorry I don't konw much about such code.

If you have any confusion, just ask me.

2 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

I stand corrected.  I hadn't thought about a bad localization file causing an issue.

Never mind. It didn’t come to my mind before. But I just wondered why you never met with such problem and localization is actually the new characteristic in the latest version of CRP. So it may be the problem.

Edited by OME

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.