[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

@FreeThinker, yeah, we might need to define based on planetary definitions. Not really a huge problem. My goal with LqdHydrogen distributions was to make it somewhat available everywhere in low concentrations but higher concentrations in certain locations, like I guess near Jool and stuff. 

I had a test of the atmo definitions today, looks fine mostly, however I'd say let's add deuterium atmospherically to jool in the correct relative concentrations.

Alright, so you suggest only to add deuterium (liquid of gas?) on a planetary scale one, which sound perfectly resonable to me. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

Figure this will be the best place to post this.  As you know, we're in pre-release.  But I am also poking around on any outstanding resource / thermal bugs.

If you're aware of an outstanding issue, if it is on the tracker, PM me with the ticket ID.  If it is not, create one and PM me with the ticket id.  Saves using stock parts only will help me sort any bugs faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. Just put together my first mod ever, which includes an atmospheric resource meant to be found on Eve: "Explodium Vapour." This is stock aside from Module Manager, and I intend to support the CRP and have this resource added to it.

I can define an atmospheric resource easily enough, but I can't seem to make a set of intake parts work with it alone. Right now, the intakes act as though they are harvesting IntakeAir with checkForOxygen = false. That's pretty cheaty of course. I tried making an intake that uses ModuleResourceHarvester instead of ModuleResourceIntake, but it appears there are no stock atmospheric resource harvester examples I can take from. My first attempt at making one just didn't work. While I could go as far as cloning ModuleResourceIntake and making it work on Eve, there might already be a plugin or a stock answer to this.

I have a GitHub repository so folks can take a look at the configuration files for the parts and resource.

@Gordon Fecyk Just to throw this out, but why do you feel you need to add "Explodium Vapour" to the CRP?  Are there other mods using it?  Keep in mind that pretty much all of the CRP resources are those types of resources that span multiple mods.

This was the main reason the CRP came into existence.  Back in the day, water, for example was defined individually in several mods.  Using these mods together either had the effect of breaking them (if they used the same variables) or caused you to have multiple "water" resources on your planets, none of which worked with any other mod.  You'd have to mine X types of water one for each mod.

There are still plenty of resources that are limited to their own mods that coexist with CRP without their resource being a part of CRP.  

Just throwing that out there for thought.

@Gordon Fecyk You need to use ModuleResourceHarvester, with HarvesterType=2. Also, on the atmospheric resource definition, be advised that PresenceChance is scaled by difficulty setting. So to assure that your atmo resource is present in any case, even when difficulty setting is 10% (the min allowed), set PresenceChance to 1000.

@goldenpsp well if I don't need to add this to CRP it's ok, it was suggested by others to at least check here first to make sure I wasn't reinventing a resource.

@ShotgunNinja ok, I'll check presence chance. I didn't know that would have an impact on atmosphere resources.

Are there examples of stock atmosphere resource harvesters I can look at?

4 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

@goldenpsp well if I don't need to add this to CRP it's ok, it was suggested by others to at least check here first to make sure I wasn't reinventing a resource.

@ShotgunNinja ok, I'll check presence chance. I didn't know that would have an impact on atmosphere resources.

Are there examples of stock atmosphere resource harvesters I can look at?

I can give you an example of an atmospheric harvester. I made one the other day. I had explicitly said at one point that CRP was no longer necessary since you were using your own resource instead of under ideal conditions IntakeAtm and Karbonite. Your harvester will have to be changed back to use IntakeAir and it must have the animation module below in order to reveal and later hide the actual harvester toggle. Leave the blank parts blank.

For the smaller intake parts reduce the efficiency value in the harvester module so they don't scoop up as much as a bigger intake.

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleResourceHarvester
	HarvesterType = 2
	Efficiency = 1
	ResourceName = Methane
	ConverterName = Methane Filter
	StartActionName = Start Methane Filter
	StopActionName = Stop Methane Filter
	ToggleActionName = Toggle Methane Filter
	INPUT_RESOURCE
	{
		ResourceName = ElectricCharge
		Ratio = 2
	}
}

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleAnimationGroup
	deployAnimationName = 
	activeAnimationName = 
	moduleType = Filter
}

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@Nertea I see you started to add localization support to CRP, was there a reason you only did it for 6 resources?

It was a proposal for structure which was now accepted, opening the door to further work. Technically those 6 resources are the only ones I curate so I chose them for the proposal.

There are so many resources in CRP that I personally won't take the time to go in and create all the strings myself. I will probably in the next few days submit a PR to also localize the other non NFT-curated resources that I do use. However I will certainly not do them all, that's up to other authors.

11 minutes ago, Nertea said:

It was a proposal for structure which was now accepted, opening the door to further work. Technically those 6 resources are the only ones I curate so I chose them for the proposal.

There are so many resources in CRP that I personally won't take the time to go in and create all the strings myself. I will probably in the next few days submit a PR to also localize the other non NFT-curated resources that I do use. However I will certainly not do them all, that's up to other authors.

I have a bunch of free time right now so I was planning to spend my night going through and setting up support for localization for all resources but not translating them (just giving them strings in en-us)

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

7 hours ago, Nertea said:

Agreed, I was planning to add localisation to all KSPI curated resources after your proposal is merged

3 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Ok all resources have been set up for localization in PR #180. There are 223 resources to be translated.

I only had one comment there. Good work otherwise!

I did notice that you haven't set up the abbreviations for a good chunk of the resources, it might be good to set up dummy empty localizations for those. 

14 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I only had one comment there. Good work otherwise!

I did notice that you haven't set up the abbreviations for a good chunk of the resources, it might be good to set up dummy empty localizations for those. 

I only did abrvs for resources that already had them, should I go back and add them for all? 

Edit: also, what's the guideline for when a name would need to be abbreviated (how many symbols is too many)?

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

Is there anything in a resource definition which indicates that it can/might be used as a rocket fuel, of any type?

If not, then I need to get together a list of resources that can possibly be used as fuel.

The need is for an update to EVAFuel, which I'm adding the ability to specify which resource is to be used for eva propellent  Right now it defaults to Monoprop

Also, is there a standard replacement for EVA Prop?  If not, then I'll need to create one (either that, or special coding to get around the whole infinite eva propellent issue)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.