[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

@linuxgurugamer here you go. :)

Anyone wiser than me, feel free to make a pass at this. @RoverDude @Nertea  @FreeThinker

• name = Machine-readable name for game mechanics. No spaces.
  • displayName = Display name for UI elements, can have spaces.
  • abbreviation = For KerbNet resource switcher button. Two characters at best, like in the Periodic Table. Only important for things that are drilled up.
  • density = Weight in tons for 1 unit of resource in a tank .
  • unitCost = :funds: per unit of resource when filling up in VAB/SPH.
  • hsp = Specific Heat, how much energy in joules per kelvin needed to raise the temperature of 1kg of resource by 1 deg Kelvin. High numbers make it great as a thermal control substance.
  • flowMode = if it's a fuel then how does it drain out when consumed by an ISRU or an engine.
    • ALL_VESSEL = Every part that holds this will drain evenly by percentage and fill evenly either by percentage or by an equal fraction of the total fill rate. Staging rules are ignored. Examples: Ore, IntakeAir, ElectricCharge.
    • STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW = Similar to ALL_VESSEL but respects staging rules and the fuel priority advanced tweakable.
    • STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH = Needs clarification. The resource may drain from the nearest stack outward. Not sure if relative to consumer or root part.
    • NO_FLOW = If in practice the resource cannot be refilled or transfered in-situ between consumers, like Ablator and SolidFuel.
  • transfer = should it be accessible by consumers outside of itself or be transferable between tanks at all?
    • PUMP = yes
    • NONE = no (set alongside NO_FLOW above)
  • isTweakable = boolean, can you adjust the amount in a tank while in the VAB? (It remains adjustable in-flight).
  • isVisible = boolean, Is the gauge for this even ever visible (resource panel in flight and in VAB)? Overrides isTweakable. Nearly no resource has this = false.
  • volume = Standard value is 1. How many litres of space a unit of this occupies. Affects tankage in volume-sensitive storage systems like KIS and B9 Part Switch.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

@JadeOfMaar @linuxgurugamer Notice that KSP also uses abbreviation whenever it feels like it has insufficient room, which happens for LqdHydrogen, which used to be visible as a fuel gauge, but is now shown as "LH". personally, find this behaviour very annoying,  perhaps there is some global setting to correct this

Edited by FreeThinker

18 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@JadeOfMaar @linuxgurugamer Notice that KSP also uses abbreviation whenever it feels like it has insufficient room, which happens for LqdHydrogen, which used to be visible as a fuel gauge, but is now shown as "LH". personally, find this behaviour very annoying,  perhaps there is some global setting to correct this

I'm not aware of anything like that

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@linuxgurugamer here you go. :)

Anyone wiser than me, feel free to make a pass at this. @RoverDude @Nertea  @FreeThinker

• name = machine-readable name for game mechanics. No spaces
  • displayName = Display name for UI elements, can have spaces
  • abbreviation = For KerbNet resource switcher button. Two characters at best, like in the Periodic Table
  • density = Weight in kg for 1 unit of resource in a tank 
  • unitCost = :funds: per unit of resource when filling up in VAB/SPH
  • hsp = Specific Heat, how much energy in joules per kelvin needed to raise the temperature of 1kg of resource by 1 deg Kelvin. High numbers make it great as a thermal control substance.
  • flowMode = if it's a fuel then how does it drain out when consumed by an ISRU or an engine.
    • ALL_VESSEL = Every part that holds this will drain evenly by percentage and fill evenly either by percentage or by an equal fraction of the total fill rate. Staging rules are ignored. Examples: Ore, IntakeAir, ElectricCharge.
    • STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW = Similar to ALL_VESSEL but respects staging rules and the fuel priority advanced tweakable.
    • STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH = Needs clarification. The resource may drain from the nearest stack outward. Not sure if relative to consumer or root part.
    • NO_FLOW = If in practice the resource cannot be refilled or transfered in-situ between consumers, like Ablator and SolidFuel.
  • transfer = should it be accessible by consumers outside of itself or be transferable between tanks at all?
    • PUMP = yes
    • NONE = no (set alongside NO_FLOW)
  • isTweakable = boolean, can you adjust the amount in a tank while in the VAB? (It remains adjustable in-flight)
  • isVisible = boolean, Is the gauge for this even ever visible (flight and VAB)? Overrides isTweakable. Nearly no resource has this = false.
  • volume = Needs clarification. Standard value is 1. How many litres of space it occupies. Affects tankage in volume-sensitive storage systems like KIS and B9 Part Switch.

I finally found the wiki page for it, and it is not as complete as this

Thanks

19 minutes ago, AntoniusCDXXXII said:

I have a problem with this mod. It causes a crash during loading. it gets stuck on "Loading resources". Removing it fixes the loading issue.

Would need more information.  It is generally unlikely this mod is causing the issue directly.  It doesn't "do" anything on its own.  It is literally just a list of resource definitions that other mods use.

Unless it is similar to the problem above where there was a problem with the Chinese localization.

Edited by goldenpsp

9 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Would need more information.  It is generally unlikely this mod is causing the issue directly.  It doesn't "do" anything on its own.  It is literally just a list of resource definitions that other mods use.

Unless it is similar to the problem above where there was a problem with the Chinese localization.

I've read a comment before, deleted the zh-ch localization file and it was fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the best place to post:  But! Where to get fluorite ?

I can mine for Substrate, MetallicOre, Minerals, Uraninite, Dirt, Gypsum, Hydrates, ExoticMinerals, RareMetals, etc.  But no option to mine or scan for fluorite.

But I can process Fluorite to  Fluorine using the IRSU  - I can also store Fluorite and  Fluorine.

This should be easy, but I can't find Fluorite anyplace.

I'm I missing something?  Currently I have KSP Interstellar Extended and all it's dependencies - including the Community Resource Pack.

Thanks, I really hope I can find this stuff.

unt.png

6 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

This question belongs in the KSPIE support thread and to answer your question, have you tried KSPIE universal crust extractor?

Yes. I will post in the KSPIE support thread for future KSPIE subjects.  I ran home after getting this response.

After looking for the  KSPIE universal crust extractor , the one I found is called "Universal Drill" - looks Kerbal green.  I thought it only can mine Ore and Water.  But after further checking I found the Mining Interface.  This drill DOES harvest fluorite!  I just need to have the correct storage tank attached.  Knowing this along with using the KSPIE Science Lab will allow me to fully (and correctly) utilize the salt reactor for long-term missions. 

If there is a KSP 2.0, I personally hope the KSPIE & CRP become top-level supported.  Mods like KSPIE & CRP add a lot of dimension to an already huge & high quality game. 

I'm having a really hard time finding Karborundum anywhere around the sun.

Looking at the current config (Min/MaxAlt=40), the numbers I come up with are somewhere between Kerbin and Eve, which is wildly different from what old posts tell me, but afaik the config has changed several times since then.

I'm playing with Galileo's OPM, but as far as I can tell it only adds Karborundum to a few places and doesn't touch the solar values.

Am I doing something wildly wrong?

Edited by jinks

26 minutes ago, jinks said:

Looking at the current config (Min/MaxAlt=40), the numbers I come up with are somewhere between Kerbin and Eve, which is wildly different from what old posts tell me, but afaik the config has changed several times since then.

I'm playing with Galileo's OPM, but as far as I can tell it only adds Karborundum to a few places and doesn't touch the solar values.

The range was moved when solar thermal characteristics changed.  So probably just a case of bad luck finding an active band.

23 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

The range was moved when solar thermal characteristics changed.  So probably just a case of bad luck finding an active band.

I'll put in a few spoiler tags just to be sure...

Turns out I interpreted the numbers wildly wrong and just warped through the relevant region.

From past posts I assumed min/max altitude of 40 meant Sun radius * 40 which would come out to roughly 10.7Gm, but there was nothing there. I finally found the band at about 

Spoiler

5.217 Gm, which comes out to roughly 20x the Sun's radius.

So I'm not quite sure how to interpret the values of 40 and 5 for altitude and range in any way that correlates with the sun's radius and the results in-game.

3 hours ago, jinks said:

I might add to OPM_Galileo's Karborundum config. :P But yes you're doing something very wrong.

Spoiler

The formula for exo resource altitude is (x * halfbodyradius) + bodyradius.

The range (I think) is x*bodyradius

Sun's Karborundum has moved but it is still somewhere inward of Moho.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 3 weeks later...

This is beyond my modding skills and knowledge of existing addons, so could please someone look into this one:

There are several uranium resources instead of one: Enriched Uranium, Enrined U, DepletedFuel, etc. Some come from Near Future Electics (nuclear reactors), Solaris Hypernautics, 

I sincerely belive there should be two: EnrinchedUranium and DepletedUranium (not -Fuel)

Enriched U is not a CRP resource, and I am unfamiliar with Solaris Hypernautics, so I would point that mod author to CRP if they want better interop.  DepletedUranium was deprecated when the folks involved decided to standardize on DepletedFuel, and I don't see that standard changing.

@agrock Do note that DepletedUranium is a synonym for Uranium-238 which is fertile material for fast neutron breeder reactor to produce plutonium-238 which fission material. I do have some plans to use it in KSPI-E as a fuel for fast-neutron breeder reactor

Edited by FreeThinker

30 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@agrock Do not that DepletedUranium is a synonym for Uranium-235 which is fertile material for fast neutron breeder reactor to produce plutonium-238 which fission material. I do have some plans to use it in KSPI-E as a fuel for fast-neutron breeder reactor

We could use resources like Uranium-235 and Uranium-238 but I think that would be a mistake. Players are not chemists. Whatever you want to name it, it should indicate "enriched/fissionable" and "depleted/non-fissionable" for clarity. On wiki page, I found nothing to indicate D-38 to be fissionable. Depleted Uranium is depleted. It could be reprocessed... that is not same as fissionable, which I consider a synonym for enriched. 

5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Enriched U is not a CRP resource, and I am unfamiliar with Solaris Hypernautics, so I would point that mod author to CRP if they want better interop.  DepletedUranium was deprecated when the folks involved decided to standardize on DepletedFuel, and I don't see that standard changing.

We could make DepletedFuel just be displayed (LOC translated) as "Depleted Uranium". It would not involve changing any configs except one LOC line. 

3 minutes ago, agrock said:

We could make DepletedFuel just be displayed (LOC translated) as "Depleted Uranium". It would not involve changing any configs except one LOC line

That is a very, very, very bad idea.  And as noted, the current resource use (at least as far as CRP is concerned) is the agreed to convention.  If modders are adding other resources, then that's an issue to take up with the mod makers.

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

That is a very, very, very bad idea.  And as noted, the current resource use (at least as far as CRP is concerned) is the agreed to convention.  If modders are adding other resources, then that's an issue to take up with the mod makers.

Agreed, I will contact NF Electric and Solaris modders and make them aware of the issue. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.