[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

ORS-X is deprecated as of 0.90 (for a variety of reasons). Regolith is what's pretty much current, and CRP uses Regolith now (that was another of the big 0.90 changes). I can't speak to KSPI or KSPI-L since neither used ORS-X, and the KSPI-L CRP was VERY out of date.

@Boris - not from me, but again - if costs are off, I'd rather get them sorted.

Hello

Hope I´m right here. Thinking about to add recources to one of the recently popping up planet/system extender mods. In the first post there is written not to mess up current recources. So my question. Is it allowed to make additional custom resource configs for adding resources to other planets/bodies that are not stock?

If you use CRP with Regolith, out of the box planets will have stuff. If you want to customize that (down to the biome level) just add new configs. If you want a new resource to appear on both your own and stock planets, add a new config.

It's incredibly tolerant of multiple mods doing stuff :)

All we ask is to not modify the CRP configs since that causes sadness. But add all you want (also, and by design, you can't 'turn off' a Regolith config - it's permissive by default and makes sure we don't have mod wars with people trying to break other people's stuff).

Ok so two quick questions.

1) Is there an existing mineable resource (Using Regolith I guess that is?) that is an analogue to Oil?

2) Obviously I can just use this and add my own custom configs on top, but if I want to give back and submit resources for the pack to be used what is the procedure for that?

My end goal is to provide resource configs for various powered metals and plastic, as well as the ability to use a mod to allow the player to mine base resources that can be converted to powdered metals and plastics.

No real analogue for oil that I'm aware of - feel free to create a config for your pack.

Procedure for stuff coming back is generally for mods to get some traction, and for folks wanting to share your stuff (SpareParts being the most recent example).

No real analogue for oil that I'm aware of - feel free to create a config for your pack.

Procedure for stuff coming back is generally for mods to get some traction, and for folks wanting to share your stuff (SpareParts being the most recent example).

Excellent, thanks. Then I will just start using it and see how things go from there :)

Question here, I started toying around with this and found out that the regolith definitions for Oxygen makes it a type 0 resource (crustal according to the comments in the CFG), is it ok for it to be like that? I mean, Oxygen is supposed to be mainly in atmospheres. Shouldn't it be type 2?

Edited by PDCWolf

I want to make CRP and BioMass compatible with each other, but therefor the resource needs to be the same as in the BioMass mod. Could you change the resource BioMass as it's in the mod?

RESOURCE_DEFINITION in the BioMass mod:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = BioMass
density = 0.003825
flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 3.825
}

Question are the resources randomized on loading a game up from save? every time I load a game my mining outpost has to move due no more resources is this down to CRP?

Ok after further testing found the issue (if its an issue) when linking via KAS pipe end points the centre of the main ship is used for resource detection this means if you have a miner parked on karbonite and one parked on ore and you link them to the main outpost you only get the resource that the main outpost is sitting on.

sins karbonite and ore do not overlap you can only mine one of them at a time.

following me so far? i'll test further.

Given Regolith is biome based, the only way this could even be an issue is if your ship straddled two biomes, and one biome happened to have different resources than the other.

You do have the current Regolith version correct? This is pretty important.

(Side note - this would be a Regolith issue not a CRP issue).

Well I've yet to see a Satscan that has seen Karbonite and Ore together (my Regolith is current)

My main hub is over the ore.

With ore miner connected to the hub I see ore on the resource scan but no Karbonite.

With Karbonite miner connected to the hub I see Karbonite on the resource scan but no ore.

So with one or the other connected it takes the resource scan from that vehicles area but with both connected it defaults to what the hub is sitting on.

Sorry, that's just not making sense. Also, let's separate what SCANSat says vs. what you actually drill up. If you are saying that your drills are changing behavior based on the pipe being connected, then you are straddling a biome, and there will be a CoM shift. That's by design - drilling is based on the vessel location.

Can you please move this over to the Regolith thread and post some screenshots?

Hi! i was playing the MKS mod, and try to search resource with the "Planetary Survey Camera", using the SCAN Sat mod, i have everything update for ksp 0.90 but, i cant see any resource of this mod... any help?

Hi! i was playing the MKS mod, and try to search resource with the "Planetary Survey Camera", using the SCAN Sat mod, i have everything update for ksp 0.90 but, i cant see any resource of this mod... any help?

A little more info if you could.

Where can you not see resources? ON the scansat map? on the planet? Screenshots if you could please

• 3 weeks later...

0.3.3 is up!

• Updated the sun to have a proper interplanetary Karborundum ring (thanks Kielm!)
  • Doubled the size of Jool's Karbonite cloud, increased density tenfold.
  • Added water to the ice caps of Duna
  • Updated Oxygen to be an atmospheric resource

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I've had a bit of a read of a couple of threads but I couldn't find the answer, hope you can help.

I'd like to use Interstellar, Exp Launchpads and b9, probably with near future tech also. Will these work in this system?

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.