[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

It appears we/I made some major mistakes regarding AntiMatter. In Fractals KSPI Antimatter, 1 unit represents 1 miligram (not 1 gram) and a Density was 0.000000001. A 1.25m x 0.25m storage device only allows 10000 mg, or 10 gram to be stored. CRP current density for Antimatter is set at 0.00007085, which is much to high compaired to the 10 g/ 1.25mx0.25m.

Another problem is it's cost. According to wikipedia: In 2006, Gerald Smith estimated $250 million could produce 10 milligrams of positrons. This is lot whole lot more than CRP cost which asumes 10 mg of antimatter cost only 15000$ (using 1 Credit = 1000 $)

I'm not sure what to do with it now. But for the moment I override CRP Antimatter to it's orignal density and asume 1unit = 1 mg which makes a lot more sense then using CRP 1L /1cL /1ml standard as antimatter storage density is not fixed to a certain volume. In this sence , Antimatter is much more like Electricity then a regular resource you can put in a tank. For that reason it should be treated similary and forced into a standard it doesn't fit.

Edited by FreeThinker

Do I have to add more harvesting modules for drilling different resources on the surface then and asteroids will always have only one resource, yes?

Multiple modules for drills, for asteroids just add a new asteroid resource (same deal, look for samples in the squad/resources folder

It appears we/I made some major mistakes regarding AntiMatter. In Fractals KSPI Antimatter, 1 unit represents 1 miligram (not 1 gram) and a Density was 0.000000001. A 1.25m x 0.25m storage device only allows 10000 mg, or 10 gram to be stored. CRP current density for Antimatter is set at 0.00007085, which is much to high compaired to the 10 g/ 1.25mx0.25m. I'm not sure what to do with it now. For the moment I override Antimatter to it's orignal density and 1unit = 1 mg which makes a lot more sense then using CRP 1L /1cL /1ml standard as antimatter storage density is not fixed to a certain volume. In this sence , Antimatter is more like Electricity then a regular resource you can put in a tank.

Toss me an alternate config - vaguely recall we sorted this out as ml, so toss a pull request for whatever you need, need to do a release anyway as there were some minor updates.

Toss me an alternate config - vaguely recall we sorted this out as ml, so toss a pull request for whatever you need, need to do a release anyway as there were some minor updates.

I will make a pull request

Edited by FreeThinker

This is a filter extenson issue. Please adres the issue there

Why are you pointing at a mod he doesn't even have installed? (Unless you're pointing out the fact that it will probably match icons to most of those resources if he did use the .dll)

Hey RoverDude just want to drop you a line that the KSP-AVC version file for CRP is out of date. I submitted a Pull Request on GitHub, but wanted to inform you that because I'm bundling CRP with the release of DangIt! and am going to tweak the version file (just the max supported KSP version) so users don't get out of date warnings.

I found something interesting. It appear the KSP 1.0 Resource definition has an additional property

The new resource definition property is specificHeatCapacity. This might great for accurately calculating Isp/thrust for Isp and boil-off of Cryostatic tanks. I also suspect it is somehow used by KSP for Calculating temperature buildup in resource tanks. We should therefore start adding the specific heat capacity to every resource we have defined

- - - Updated - - -

0.4.1 is up!

Added NeonGas

Added ThermalPower

Tweaks for CO2, Antimatter, RocketParts

Ok updating specificHeatCapacities need to wait till next update I guess

Edited by FreeThinker

Am I right that if I do not define a Global for a resource it will only appear where I defined it to and a Global = 0 entry is never needed?

Also, is a new resource only present in new games or can I make elements appear and disappear at every launch of the game?

I found something interesting. It appear the KSP 1.0 Resource definition has an additional property

The new resource definition property is specificHeatCapacity. This might great for accurately calculating Isp/thrust for Isp and boil-off of Cryostatic tanks. I also suspect it is somehow used by KSP for Calculating temperature buildup in resource tanks. We should therefore start adding the specific heat capacity to every resource we have defined

- - - Updated - - -

Ok updating specificHeatCapacities need to wait till next update I guess

Correct, the HSP will affect thermal mass. Feel free to update your relevant ones and send the pull requests.

Am I right that if I do not define a Global for a resource it will only appear where I defined it to and a Global = 0 entry is never needed?

Also, is a new resource only present in new games or can I make elements appear and disappear at every launch of the game?

Correct

Correct on the first, no idea what you mean by the second

If I add a new resource to an existing game, does it magically appear and disappear again if I take it out?

I know it can be used in tanks and engines, but will it become scannable/minable on planets/moons? If so, are the deposits randomized for every save or whenever the resource appears e.g. after I deleted it for a while?

Just noticing that you haven't updated the changelog in a while.

Grabbing the latest update anyhow.

Are you guys going to be able to fix the icons not showing the correct ones in the filter?

Change log is on the github page, and also noted when I publish the patch.

I have no plans on changing those icons unless someone wants to get industrious and provide icon sets. So technically there is nothing to fix because its using the default squad one - i.e. there is no 'correct' icon to put in it's place.

Change log is on the github page, and also noted when I publish the patch.

I have no plans on changing those icons unless someone wants to get industrious and provide icon sets. So technically there is nothing to fix because its using the default squad one - i.e. there is no 'correct' icon to put in it's place.

I meant the OP, but okay.

On the icons: But they had icons in 0.90, not questionmarks.

I meant the OP, but okay.

On the icons: But they had icons in 0.90, not questionmarks.

Again, we do zero with those icons - maybe something else you had was doing that? Nothing to fix.

And I'm not even bothering with OP changelogs since they can be found in other places now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.