[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

The upgrade already happened in 0.4. 0.4.2 is fixing the issues that have surfaced since then.

I found that my game had a copy of 0.3.3.0 embedded in a mod, I am wondering if I can upgrade it to 0.4.x without breaking my saves.

hey perhaps someone here can help. I'm having some issues adding certain resources to my planet pack New Horizons. The issue is that whenever i add certain resource configs (such as karborundum) the m700 survey scanner is perpetually set into a 'moving' state, making orbital surveys impossible and making the scanner itself explode randomly or disappear entirely in atmospheric flight. Certain resources don't seem to cause this issue, such as oxygen or water, but ones that i want to add/need to add for compatability cause this bug. This is confusing as I can't seem to spot any errors anywhere, but they all screw up the game somehow.

My Karborundum config is here as an example:

//
// New Horizons Mod
// Resource: Karborundum
//
//Resource types:
// 0 = Crustal (Stuff you dig up)
// 1 = Oceanic (Stuff in the oceans)
// 2 = Atmospheric (Stuff in the air, varies with pressure)
// 3 = Interplanetary (Stuff you find between planets)
//
// Express all numbers as percentages 0.0 - 100.0, not 0.0 - 1.0!
//

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = Karborundum
ResourceType = 0
PlanetName = Ernus

Distribution
{
PresenceChance = 100
MinAbundance = .001
MaxAbundance = .01
Variance = 50
Dispersal = 3
}
}

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
ResourceType = 0
PlanetName = Leouch

Distribution
{
PresenceChance = 100
MinAbundance = .001
MaxAbundance = .01
Variance = 50
Dispersal = 3
}
}

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
ResourceType = 0
PlanetName = Titanus

Distribution
{
PresenceChance = 100
MinAbundance = .001
MaxAbundance = .01
Variance = 50
Dispersal = 3
}
}

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
ResourceType = 0
PlanetName = Tidus

Distribution
{
PresenceChance = 100
MinAbundance = .001
MaxAbundance = .01
Variance = 50
Dispersal = 3
}
}

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
ResourceType = 0
PlanetName = Etal

Distribution
{
PresenceChance = 100
MinAbundance = .001
MaxAbundance = .01
Variance = 50
Dispersal = 3
}
}

any help would be appreciated, as this is pretty frustrating trying to figure out whats going wrong...

Small issue i noticed yesterday. CRP has the unitcost for rocketparts @ 5/unit. Consulting the Resource config for the EPL source files, Taniwha has the cost of RocketParts set at 1.5/unit. This is causing some issues for anyone using the CRP and using EPL's resource containers (negetive costs)

CRP seems to be adding all sorts of resources to asteroids (and also to the surface scanner) but in practice I can only drill up stock ore. Is this working (as intended)?

Edit, Never mind: I have just discovered that the stock drills are actually mining stuff besides just stock ore.

Edited by Kaa253

CRP seems to be adding all sorts of resources to asteroids (and also to the surface scanner) but in practice I can only drill up stock ore. Is this working (as intended)?

Edit, Never mind: I have just discovered that the stock drills are actually mining stuff besides just stock ore.

Just curious but are you loading this up like it was just another mod?

Small issue i noticed yesterday. CRP has the unitcost for rocketparts @ 5/unit. Consulting the Resource config for the EPL source files, Taniwha has the cost of RocketParts set at 1.5/unit. This is causing some issues for anyone using the CRP and using EPL's resource containers (negetive costs)

Can you log a github issue please?

Thanks!

Just curious but are you loading this up like it was just another mod?

No. I am using the included version from MKS Kolonization 30.2 (hmmm new release of that 12 hours ago :rolleyes:)

No. I am using the included version from MKS Kolonization 30.2 (hmmm new release of that 12 hours ago :rolleyes:)

Ok, it just seemed odd given your question. Namely that MKS has drills for each resource it adds to the game, and the drills needed to mine a resource really have nothing to do with CRP.

Ok, it just seemed odd given your question. Namely that MKS has drills for each resource it adds to the game, and the drills needed to mine a resource really have nothing to do with CRP.

Yes, that is the odd part precisely. I cannot extract substrate, minerals, water etc., from asteroids using the drills provided for each resource (which do work when landed on planets). The MKS related resources are being mined from asteroids using the stock drill. Maybe my game is broken somehow but if it is I like it this way. Actually, I would prefer just one drill part use-able for every resource everywhere. I dislike parts bloat in general.

so when adding custom resources to New Horizons the survey scanner gets slammed with null errors, the solution seemed to be adding in the common resources.cfg included with CRP. Is there a better way to add the resources without having to bundle CRP with my mod? as i posted on tuesday the survey scanner breaks completely with my resource configs leaving it in a 'moving' state and breaking the scanning of any planet.

so when adding custom resources to New Horizons the survey scanner gets slammed with null errors, the solution seemed to be adding in the common resources.cfg included with CRP. Is there a better way to add the resources without having to bundle CRP with my mod? as i posted on tuesday the survey scanner breaks completely with my resource configs leaving it in a 'moving' state and breaking the scanning of any planet.

I'm not an expert, but I am pretty certain adding a custom resource to CRP pretty much breaks the intended purpose of this mod. What kind of resource are you adding?

Two choices really.

1. If you're using CRP, then bundle CRP. This is what ensures compatibility. Then for anything not in CRP you just add a separate config file (MKS does this).

2. If you do not wish to use CRP, then do your own thing. If you wish to be neighborly and happen to use the same resources, just copy and paste the specific values (cost, density, flow mode, etc.) from CRP into your own config file. This is kinda the reverse of what we do with TAC-LS for water/oxygen/food/etc.

That's what I'm (badly) trying to say, my usual configs which I used to include in my main download that add compatibility with crp for my custom planets are now breaking the game. There's nothing wrong with them that I can tell, but they break the game unless crp is installed. It used to work without crp, the configs were just ignored, but now it breaks all scanners.

The OPM configs work in the same way, except they don't break things like mine and I can't figure out why.

(BTW my mod adds planets, not resources. I just want to get crp resources properly defined for the bodies)

It's ok, I'll just include crp with the download from now on.

Edited by KillAshley

Hello people! Can anyone answer me, how to prevent Liquid Hydrogen (from NF) vaporizing over time? I mean is there some code line in configs or something else need to be done?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.