RoverDude

[1.5.x] Community Resource Pack

Recommended Posts

Hello. I would like to change the resource distribution, because I want more challenge with planning where to land my base. I mostly want to increase the amplitude of the distribution noise. I know I can edit the files directly, that is fine for local play, but how would I do it to share it with others? I am thinking about MM script that will first delete all distributions of specific resource (below) and then add them how I want it. Just to be clear, I do not want to change the RESOURCE_DEFINITION, only {PLANETARY,BIOME,GLOBAL}_RESOURCE nodes.

-PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Alumina]] {}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a global setting for.this in stock, would be easier to just change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. I have a question. I downloaded this mod and 2 drills appeared. also the surface scanner shows many different ores and gases. but I can not understand where to store them and how to mine. I launched them at the cosmodrome, but they had something written like "the earth is full." I need to set up a separate mode with resources or I do something wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Max1219 said:

Hello. I have a question. I downloaded this mod and 2 drills appeared. also the surface scanner shows many different ores and gases. but I can not understand where to store them and how to mine. I launched them at the cosmodrome, but they had something written like "the earth is full." I need to set up a separate mode with resources or I do something wrong

This mod isn't something you are going to directly download. It is just a set of common resource configs. Consider it a mod for modders. If a mod, such as MKS wants to use it they will bundle it with their download. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed the mks mod too. And now I understood my mistake. I looked objects not in the sandbox. And for a guide about drills where to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Max1219 said:

I installed the mks mod too. And now I understood my mistake. I looked objects not in the sandbox. And for a guide about drills where to go?

I would continue in that case in the appropriate mod thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 12:06 AM, RoverDude said:

There's a global setting for.this in stock, would be easier to just change that.

(To change resource distribution)

I tried that, but it does not work quite well. Setting it to value below 0.5, will cause Water to completely disappear from Duna's Ice caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RoverDude

Hi! I'm from Brazil, and translated your mod to pt-br. I did a pull request with the file to your repository, to make official.

Amazing mod, btw!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to use this with MKS.

According to everything I've read, the stock Surface Scanning Module should detect the composition of asteroids, but it will not.

I only have MKS (and its dependencies, like CRP) installed.

I saw that this is an ancient and reoccurring bug, but have found no follow up on the issue.

Does anyone know whats going on with this issue, and how to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the CRP due for an update soon?

Thank you in advance!

-Redacted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Redacted said:

Is the CRP due for an update soon?

Thank you in advance!

-Redacted

I was wondering that too - I just stumbled across Kerbalism and it sounds fantastic but I found it as ksp1.7 was downloading so nothing works ...  I managed to get it into the game by telling ckan to include 1.6 compatible mods but nothing is playing nicely so I've put it on the back burner until CRP and MM and Kerbalism all say they're compatible with ksp 1.7.  

And then - I say this every time there's a new version of ksp, one day I'll actually do it - I'm going to copy my ksp folder out of the Steam folder and play that game so all my mods don't keep getting broken by updates :lol:

G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex Miller said:

I cant download it on CKAN because it is incompatible

 

You need to set your CKAN client to look at more than just the latest release of KSP. Many mods work across several versions of KSP and don't get updates until there is a problem.

menu option

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

You need to set your CKAN client to look at more than just the latest release of KSP. Many mods work across several versions of KSP and don't get updates until there is a problem.

menu option

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

So this will help me with making B9 part switch work with OPT?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alex Miller said:

So this will help me with making B9 part switch work with OPT?
 

It should. CRP doesn't really depend on the KSP version much at all even if CKAN indicates it's not compatible with the latest versions. It's just a bunch module manager config files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

It should. CRP doesn't really depend on the KSP version much at all even if CKAN indicates it's not compatible with the latest versions. It's just a bunch module manager config files.

Thank you so much. I have my game working because of you. You just saved my love for the OPT mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How does PresenceChance interact with relative concentrations on atmospheric resources?

 

For example XenonGas has a general 50% Presence chance on any body with an atmosphere, does that mean somewhere like Laythe or Duna has a 50% chance of having no XenonGas at all, or it it simply a concentration multiplier?

 

It feels like there should be some consistency as to whether a planet has certain atmospheric resources or not rather than hoping for the best when you actually get there. It feels odd that on one save I can have a xenon refinery on Laythe but in another it's impossible.

 

 

As a side note the following is repeated twice in the XenonGas.cfg:

BIOME_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = XenonGas
	ResourceType = 0
	PlanetName = Kerbin
	BiomeName = Water

	Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 100
		MinAbundance = 0.001
		MaxAbundance = 0.01
		Variance = 10
		Dispersal = 3
	}
}

 

 
 
 
 
 
Edited by Spagoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Spagoose - Presence chance is exactly that.  Whether it is present or not (it's the first gate).  If you want to vary amount, you would adjust the abundance numbers, noting that atmosphere and water are pretty homogeneous, you're going to get more variance with planetary resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning, I have successfully installed and used USI, but in the latest version of KSP and similar to USI, the ships with Warpdrive (which greatly improved their appearance) after activating the alcubierre (and orbiting about 2000Km from Kerbin) explode systematically. Are there any new variables to consider?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, luxorpt said:

Good morning, I have successfully installed and used USI, but in the latest version of KSP and similar to USI, the ships with Warpdrive (which greatly improved their appearance) after activating the alcubierre (and orbiting about 2000Km from Kerbin) explode systematically. Are there any new variables to consider?

Well for one, it would probably be better to post in the proper thread.   You will get better answers.  And it would also be useful to peruse the Alcubierre thread as there are a number of explanations concerning exploding ships upon activation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would installing the CRP have any ramifications for an ongoing save file? I saw that the CRP messes with resource distributions in planets and asteroids, and I'm not familiar with how that system works as far as resource distributions getting changed mid-game.

A few mods I'm interested in trying out have the CRP as a dependency, and I would like to know if the CRP is safe to (un)install on the fly.

Edited by King Arthur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, King Arthur said:

A few mods I'm interested in trying out have the CRP as a dependency, and I would like to know if the CRP is safe to (un)install on the fly.

CRP itself is just a bunch of configs and only adds resources to your game. It doesn't reduce Ore's availability. It doesn't change your game on its own. It doesn't subtract performance. In this case it's very safe to install and uninstall. However, it is a "foundational" mod, massively important, required by nearly every mod (Many, many mods. Prepare to lose your socks.) that uses resources other than the stock set. It's a "set and forget" thing. Once it's installed you don't have to think about it again and it's always doing its job.

CRP is very safe to install, and is very safe to uninstall as long as: You haven't settled into using heavily game-changing mods already; You've uninstalled these heavy mods; Or you're ready to abandon your playthrough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.