Any 2001: A Space Odyssey Crafts?

Soo.... listening to the "Blue Danube" on repeat for an hour while playing Orbiter made the only thing I could think about be 2001...

Yeah... Anyway, I couldn't find any downloads for craft files after a Google search, so do you guys know any? Or if you've made some 2001: A Space Odessy crafts of your own, THEN PLEASE PUT THM UP FOR DOWNLOAD!!!!

Thanks in advance!

There was a 2001-based 'KSP movie' someone made, featuring a (heavily modded) version of the Discovery that looked pretty good.

As for stock crafts (or crafts that I actually have the files for) I couldn't say. Although there have been some pretty nice ring stations out there.

Didn't Rune make an Eagle-inspired dropship? Hold up, I'm going down the rabbit hole.

EDIT: Nope, didn't find anything, but I remember he was using it to build a Mun base. Guess we'll have to wait for him to show it off. :)

Edited by astropapi1

Didn't Rune make an Eagle-inspired dropship? Hold up, I'm going down the rabbit hole.

EDIT: Nope, didn't find anything, but I remember he was using it to build a Mun base. Guess we'll have to wait for him to show it off. :)

Yup, but that is based on Space:1999 and not 2001. Here it is, BTW.

Rune. I guess now I have to do something, don't I? :rolleyes:

I build the Discovery One, the Orion Clipper and the space station with stock parts (Okay, MechJeb is onboard, so I got problems when I'm nearing the Jool system k_smiley.gif).

It was a little bit tricky to get these into orbit, but I managed it <proud-mode on k_smiley.gif>

The Discovery was an unmanned probe because I didn't find a satisfying solution for integrating the commandpods.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

But I'm very sorry, I don't have the craft-files anymore k_cry.gif.

Edited by Sylith

I build the Discovery One, the Orion Clipper and the space station with stock parts (Okay, MechJeb is onboard, so I got problems when I'm nearing the Jool system http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/images/smilies/k_smiley.gif).

It was a little bit tricky to get these into orbit, but I managed it <proud-mode on http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/images/smilies/k_smiley.gif>

The Discovery was an unmanned probe because I didn't find a satisfying solution for integrating the commandpods.

http://imgur.com/a/OP0Cc

But I'm very sorry, I don't have the craft-files anymore http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/images/smilies/k_cry.gif.

:confused:

WOW! Sylith these are amazing. Are they stock?

All the ships are stock, I only use MechJeb for the informations. Autoascend doesn't work with these ships.

I'm away for a week, maybe I can rebuild the Discovery after my return.

If I remember right the ship had nearly 900 parts with the launch pack and bounced and bumped like a crazy horse. It is real Kraken-fodder k_smiley.gif. I will look if can improve that.

The Orion-Shuttle had a problem with the center of weight so it was a exhausting trip to orbit cause it always tried to roll over. Therefore I deleted the ship after the photoshooting. If I redo her it will be after the release of 0.25 of KSP (Greatest game of the Universe - Kudos to Squadk_smiley.gif).

Sylith

Okay, I'm back and I have found something in my backup-files :)

DkadZ6I.jpg

I tweaked her a little bit and reworked the launchstage. The part-count is now 920 with the launchstage included.

And I added the MK2-Lander-cabin, so she has a crew of two Kerbals.

4vMSAeq.jpg

Launch the ship and begin the gravity-turn after the first stage is dropped.

Beware, she is very wobbly. I recommend the use of the Kerbal Joint Reinforcements-MOD,which is found here.

.craft-file via dropbox.com

Have fun,

Sylith

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.