MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 0.625
}
}

Hello,

I wrote a MM config to add tweakscale to the IFI parts and wanted to share it with everyone. The default size of the parts have been reduced but when scaled up to regular size the life support units remain the same.

Enjoy!

Edited by Jim Meillente
Corrected my bad Engrish

• 2 weeks later...
I wrote a MM config to add tweakscale to the IFI parts and wanted to share it with everyone. The default size of the parts have been reduced but when scaled up to regular size the life support units remain the same.

Enjoy!

Nice thanks for this.

Also I'm finishing up the Updates to the IVA and some EVA code tweaks should be releasing a new file early next week.

Stavell, I'm doing some research for a MM cfg I'm working on. Is there any randomness in the consumption of resources for this mod? I'm guessing not since your presumption is that one unit of Life Support includes oxygen, water, etc. But I just wanted to confirm. (I'm more familiar with Snacks, where Kerbals with much Courage may sneak an extra snack and Kerbals with much Stupidity forget to eat here and there. Hence my question.) Thanks!

No randomness on consumption rates. Base rate 1 kerbal will use 1 unit per kerbin day (4 units per day if using earth time) - As you progress up the Survivability tree in Career and science game modes the rate is adjusted down slightly.

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile - (no bugs reported that's a good thing)

I'm working on a GUI listing all ships currently inflight and their LifeSupport Status. warning Icon when any vessel in flight gets low on LS.

Life Support tracking in single process. and more work on Tank IVA

Download link has been updated to VERSION 2.00release.

12-13-2014 : Release VER 2.00- IFILifesupportPlugin20.zip

or

GitHub IFI Life Support Releases

or

Project Page on curse

Changes:

Rewrote Lifesupport Tracking code.
Added Applauncher Icon
Updated EVA code
LS Tracked on all Vessels in realtime
Small Updates to parts

Up-coming:

Cfg file for consumption rates. Still working on

internal view props and re texture.

Edited by Stavell

Also I recommend Timewarp with Life Support Tracking Window up. as updates happen faster and ther is less chance of a missed caution or danger level not stopping warp in time.

I'm working on a change so that timewarp with window open or closed should make no difference. Didn't want to hold this update up to test that code.

Download link has been updated to VERSION 2.10release.

12-15-2014 : Release VER 2.10- IFILifesupportPlugin21.zip

or

or

Project Page on curse

Changes:

KSP .90 Beta than Ever support
Timewarp stopping is consistent with our without status window open.
Small Updates to parts

Up-coming:

Cfg file for consumption rates. Still working on

internal view props and re texture.

Edited by Stavell

Stavell, you Killed him!!!!!

ok, so... I picked up the contract to "rescue a kerbal in orbit"...

and before I could even get to the VAB to build/launch a rocket... there was a message that the poor guy died due to lack of Electricity - life support.

while I am sure poor Lodier Kerman is dead.... can you so something to save future stranded Kerbals?

that was broken in all earlier versions of the game couldn't get EVA tracking to run on stranded Kerbals guess it works now in .90. but resources are messed up. I need to fix it ASAP. should have a build ready by noon Wednesday.

Stavell, you Killed him!!!!!

ok, so... I picked up the contract to "rescue a kerbal in orbit"...

and before I could even get to the VAB to build/launch a rocket... there was a message that the poor guy died due to lack of Electricity - life support.

while I am sure poor Lodier Kerman is dead.... can you so something to save future stranded Kerbals?

here is the reason why you should avoid those contracts in ECLSS and i believe it;s the same thing here

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93328-0-25-Asmi-s-ECLSS-Mod-REVIVED!-(Version-1-0-18)?p=1483688&viewfull=1#post1483688

Edited by dtoxic

Download link has been updated to VERSION 2.20release.

12-17-2014 : Release VER 2.20- IFILifesupportPlugin22.zip

or

or

Project Page on curse

Changes:

Fix Rescue Contract Bug that was killing kerbals when spawned by contract system
Kerbals spawned by Contract System on now flagged RESCUE in GUI until you get within 2.5km then they start tracking LS.

so... a "rescue" kerbal gets the standard 4 hours (starting the moment he FIRST comes into 2.5km of an active ship) of EVA lifesupport + electricity?

Note: turning on headlamp will negatively effect lifespan.

Nice mod, i really liked the idea of TACLS but all that resource management made it pretty complicated. Will give this a go instead and look how it is the long end ;)

One thing i mentioned right at the begining with it: The warp kill and warning treshhold should be based upon percentage of the maximum LifeSupport available on the ship and not hardcoded values. Took me a while realizing what prevents warping at all on suborbital and orbital flights ;)

Anyone able to help out with a Mod the Mod question? I'm starting up a pseudo-realistic career on Hard with a couple mods, one of which is Tantares Space Technologies. It offers an interesting selection of early game pods and station parts that play really well with early game contracts etc.

I wanted to tweak the life support capacity of the early station parts so that they come with some additional life support built in to make them more relevant/functional. I assume there is a way to do this using the ModuleManager_ADD_IFI.cfg but i'm not an experienced modder and I wanted to get some guidance to make it right!

Anyone able to help out with a Mod the Mod question? I'm starting up a pseudo-realistic career on Hard with a couple mods, one of which is Tantares Space Technologies. It offers an interesting selection of early game pods and station parts that play really well with early game contracts etc.

I wanted to tweak the life support capacity of the early station parts so that they come with some additional life support built in to make them more relevant/functional. I assume there is a way to do this using the ModuleManager_ADD_IFI.cfg but i'm not an experienced modder and I wanted to get some guidance to make it right!

Try something like

@PART[your part name]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LifeSupport]]:AFTER[IFILifeSupport]

RESOURCE
{
name = LifeSupport
amount = * <----- what you want
maxAmount = * <----- what you want
}
}

so... a "rescue" kerbal gets the standard 4 hours (starting the moment he FIRST comes into 2.5km of an active ship) of EVA lifesupport + electricity?

Note: turning on headlamp will negatively effect lifespan.

Yes that is correct.

Nice mod, i really liked the idea of TACLS but all that resource management made it pretty complicated. Will give this a go instead and look how it is the long end ;)

One thing i mentioned right at the begining with it: The warp kill and warning treshhold should be based upon percentage of the maximum LifeSupport available on the ship and not hardcoded values. Took me a while realizing what prevents warping at all on suborbital and orbital flights ;)

I'm going to be adding entry blanks for custom days remaining for warp cancel - at this time it is all based on the vessel days remaining less than 3 days caution less than 1 day danger. so EVA will put up the danger flag 4 hours. (This was my like for settings for my play) but will be in the cfg file to change once I get the code in.

Percentage could get crazy as on my Jool mission last game I had 6 years of life support warp cancel would fire at 1.8 years - also how do I account for if someone placing a Stack tank for a Minmus mission and set the LS amount at 50 units to save weight and kredits Caution and warp cancel would fire at launch. Nice Idea just not sure how it would work in operation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.