[0.90] DefaultThrottle - set the default 50% throttle on launch to what YOU want!

Xaiier

So simple, so elegant... Thank you!

EDIT: [Prof. Farnsworth] Just one tiny problem... And it's a big one! [/Prof. Farnsworth] In orbit if I cycle the RCS modes (staging/docking) the throttle goes to 50%, and if the engine is active it will light up. Hilarity ensues along with a mad scramble to get it shutdown and then correct the orbit.

Edited by Lindy

• 5 weeks later...
Could anyone please tell me if this would work in 0.25?

Yes. You can tell you if it works in 0.25.

Install it, see if it works. If it does, it works. If it doesn't, you know it doesn't and uninstall it. Simple, effective, reliable method, that doesn't involve waiting on the forum to answer you.

Yes. You can tell you if it works in 0.25.

Install it, see if it works. If it does, it works. If it doesn't, you know it doesn't and uninstall it. Simple, effective, reliable method, that doesn't involve waiting on the forum to answer you.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

A quote from Robert Heinlein comes to mind at this very moment:

For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization.

It works in 0.25 and 0.90 why not come join the chaos in 0.90

You seem far less insolent, thank-you.

Thank-you for that and the reply to my question.

I have about 80 mods running on 0.25

I haven't checked if all of them have been updated, and even if they have, I'm not in the mood to reinstall all of them and work out the incompatibilities. Moreover, I'm not sure if I can run my save game from 0.25 in 0.90

Besides, although I like everything they've done with 0.90, nothing entices me enough to abandon my current save.

I recently gifted KSP to a cousin and a friend that I often visit and have played a few hours on 0.90

So thanks again for inviting me to the chaos in 0.90 but I'm having too much fun in the party at 0.25

• 1 month later...

EDIT: [Prof. Farnsworth] Just one tiny problem... And it's a big one! [/Prof. Farnsworth] In orbit if I cycle the RCS modes (staging/docking) the throttle goes to 50%, and if the engine is active it will light up. Hilarity ensues along with a mad scramble to get it shutdown and then correct the orbit.

I was about to install this when I saw this comment.

Is there a chance to get this fixed? A suggested way would be, after launch, set the default to 0

I was about to install this when I saw this comment.

Is there a chance to get this fixed? A suggested way would be, after launch, set the default to 0

I was unable to replicate this behavior. I'm not sure what is causing it, as logically this mod shouldn't allow that to happen unless KSP itself was bugging out somehow (which is possible). I'm going to need more information in order to diagnose the problem.

Is there a chance to get this fixed?
I was unable to replicate this behavior.

I don't use docking mode but I did click it by accident several times just last night. My throttle never went to anything from 0 and I never disable my engines.

I use Enhanced Navball to slide the navball over, and it was a little too far to the left and the "hold target" button was almost totally covered by the docking mode button. Instead of moving the navball slightly to the right I spent all night clicking the little sliver that was visible. And sometimes I would click the docking button instead :D

I say install this mod and run a test, instead of just not installing it. It's one of the first mods I install on a new build and when I forget, none of my rockets launch because their effective TWR is 0.8 and I can't figure out why when KER says they should be 1.6.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

FYI, This one seems to be broken in 1.0.5.

Recompile against the new version seems to correct the problems. No code change. Here is my dll, until the original author updates.

EDIT: Obsolete, See below.

Edited by Alshain

It's now a setting in Physics.cfg ;)
Can you provide some details on that? I didn't see anything in there.

Same here, I don't see it, and I'm looking in both the config file and the PhysicsGlobals object.

EDIT: Aha! Found it!

razark, open Physics.cfg and add a new line somewhere that reads "prelaunchDefaultThrottle = 0"... or any number you want. I think that will work, going to go test it now. EDIT 2: Confirmed. This mod is obsolete now.

9vnvP8f.png

Edited by Alshain

EDIT: Aha! Found it!

razark, open Physics.cfg and add a new line somewhere that reads "prelaunchDefaultThrottle = 0"... or any number you want. I think that will work, going to go test it now. EDIT 2: Confirmed. This mod is obsolete now.

Brilliant!

I had tried adding the mod's "defaultThrottle = 0" line.

• 2 months later...

The MM file method no longer seem to work with the current version of MM. It's back to the ridiculous 50% throttle start using Arcwolf's cfg file.

Looks like just a single letter change makes all the difference. PHYSICSGLOBALS should now be PHYSICSGLOBAL, ie:

@PHYSICSGLOBAL
{
    prelaunchDefaultThrottle = 0
}
Edited by JeffreyCor

• 2 months later...
On 2015-11-09 at 9:10 PM, Arcwolf said:

This Module Manager cfg also would work correct...

@PHYSICSGLOBALS
{
    prelaunchDefaultThrottle = 0
}

Tried this out and needed to correct a small typo for it to work with KSP 1.1.0.1230.

@PHYSICSGLOBALS
{
    @prelaunchDefaultThrottle = 0
}

Edited by Jacke

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.