[0.14+] Whistler Services Elderberry Ni Telemetry System Alpha 0.5.1

With the availability of the crxTelemetryModule, I think it is time that we are able to read and save the telemetry of our rockets into a readable format AND to be able to take a good look at it while the rocket is still in flight!

Hereby I proudly present the Elderberry Ni Telemetry System.

Download via Dropbox.

Contains an Antenna Part and an executable jar file.

To run the program, please download the crxTelemetryModule from Corax here.

You can leave the program running in the background and it will save the telemetry of any stage with a sensor of any rocket you outfit with a sensor. All telemetry will be saved to CVS file in the \'telemetry\' folder in a separate folder for any craft.

You can also save any chart at any time, with each chart being saved with its own timestamp to allow saving multiple charts.

Have fun, and give me feedback! Its a developers lifeblood.

Oh wait...

Coffee is a developers lifeblood...

Change Log:

V0.5.1:

* Bugfix release

* Fixed a bug in the Antenna that made the part incompatible with Probodyne and the original Telemetry module (I hope)

* Added more explanation to the README

* Quick&Dirty fixed a Resource problem in the program (no actual fix)

V0.5:

* Added \'Save all\' button to charts

* Added ability to toggle some chart lines

* Hopefully fixed Localization Problems by forcing \'en_US\' localization

V0.4:

* Fixed a bug that prevented any good use in Windows (different system linebreak, not '\n'...)

* Added Velocity and Gravity Vectors to the display and the charts (actually the true velocity and gravity on the craft)

V0.3:

* Fixed the issue with saving the CVS to file.

* Added buttons to save any chart at any time.

* Included Source code

V0.2:

* No need to restart the Client if you want to start a new rocket

* multiple telemetry senders allowed on different stages.

V0.1: Initial Version

* Single Transmitter Only

* Needed to restart Client to get telemetry from a new rocket

Very nice. First class in fact. :)

Is this for use on a second \'receiving\' PC only? The same PC that is receiving the telemetry? I must look up how to do a loopback on the same PC. Will your system work on a loopback?

+1 for me - good work. 8)

Very nice. First class in fact. :)

Is this for use on a second \'receiving\' PC only? The same PC that is receiving the telemetry? I must look up how to do a loopback on the same PC. Will your system work on a loopback?

+1 for me - good work. 8)

Well, the system currently works only on 127.0.0.1 on port 54345. But the next update will include the ability to modify the port and the IP.

Seconding Togfox; very well done!

I don\'t know if I\'m missing something, but do I need to close and open the telemetry client every time I start from the pad?

I don\'t really know actually... Since I\'ve been testing the program to see that it does work, I have always closed and restarted it.

I\'ll get back at you with an answer to whether it works continuously or not. :P

New version of the Elderberry Ni is up.

It allows multiple antenna per rocket so you can track multiple stages of your rocket.

And you can now start multiple rockets after each other without needing to restart the client!

First off, thanks for this! Its a bold step in the right direction.

I\'m getting this error when initiating a vehicle launch;

Client socket created
Intrepid SLS-v2auto telemetry transmitter 52c2f493: online

Exception in thread 'main' java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: 'I
ntrepid SLS-v2auto 52c2f493
Rpitch'
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Unknown Source)
at elderberryni.TelemetryData.<init>(TelemetryData.java:39)
at elderberryni.ElderberryNi.getData(ElderberryNi.java:366)
at elderberryni.ElderberryNi.main(ElderberryNi.java:320)

Broken. :(

When I run the JAR I get zero\'s like the others report. When I run the batch file (which launches the JAR) then the dos screen displays (when launching the craft)

(see attached)

Stock craft file also attached.

Windows Vista. KSP 0.14.1. Mods installed but this is a stock craft (plus antena)

If it helps, I can run the crxTelemetry and output to text (the original plugin) and that works fine. The text makes no sense to me, but that part of the plugin does work.

Happy to test further to help. :)

Working now. :) Awesome.

Just an administration note, if you put your version number into your zipfile then I can match the version on the zipfile with the version in this thread and see if I\'m up to date or not. :)

Now to the app - there are multiple lines and it\'s not clear what they are all for. At one point I had a green velocity going down, a red one going up and a blue and yellow going straight - at the same time. S:| What does that mean? The legend at the bottom gives no clue.

Love the way the axis scales. That\'s neat. I shall save file and check that later for some awesome comments. :)

Working now. :) Awesome.

Just an administration note, if you put your version number into your zipfile then I can match the version on the zipfile with the version in this thread and see if I\'m up to date or not. :)

True, I need to do just that. I could once again go to Google Code, but I don\'t really want to. DropBox is a tad faster and easier. ;)

Now to the app - there are multiple lines and it\'s not clear what they are all for. At one point I had a green velocity going down, a red one going up and a blue and yellow going straight - at the same time. S:| What does that mean? The legend at the bottom gives no clue.

I\'m currently trying to work that out, but the 8 alpha numerics are the UUID of the antenna with the X, Y, Z behind it are the velocities in the X, Y, Z axis, while the Vector is the actual speed of the vessel. Oh well, I\'m going to revise that anyway...

Love the way the axis scales. That\'s neat. I shall save file and check that later for some awesome comments. :)

Actually, thats not how it started out. It was at first a chart that just kept on growing and eventually was unreadable and needed too long to be created. :P

Hmmm... I guess I could make a save of the chart every 30 seconds (scaling of time).

Oh i c. A line for easch axis. That makes sense now. I was thinking purely straight up velocity but now i get it.

Leave the save as it is. Now i know how it works all just hit the button when something significant happens. How about a \'save all\' button? :)

I think I\'m missing something. I have put one antenna on stage 0, the debug console shows a telemetry elmenet doing something, I start the .jar (authorised by the firewall on private networks) but the windows remain all blank. Completely blank, not even full of zeros.

Request: Ability to toggle on/off some telemetry lines. :) Horizontal movement is not important to me when shooting straight up so I\'d like to turn that off at the start of a launch. It would allow the Y axis to scale for better detail. :)

This only works with vessels that don\'t have spaces in their name. Names like 'Untitled Space Craft' break the name parsing around line 329 of ElderberryNi.java, probably the regex isn\'t ignoring them properly.

Unfortunately, even naming vessels without spaces doesn\'t help me... I\'ve updated to the most recent version of the plugin, part, and app provided in the OP, but I\'m still getting a screen full of zeros.

When using the .bat file, I get this in the command line when switching into a flight:

Client socket created
tester telemetry transmitter 18767617: online

Exception in thread 'main' java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.jfree.chart.ChartFactory.createXYLineChart(ChartFactory.java:1739
)
at elderberryni.ChartDisplay.makeChart(ChartDisplay.java:37)
at elderberryni.ChartDisplay.makeAltChart(ChartDisplay.java:65)
at elderberryni.ElderberryNi.getData(ElderberryNi.java:375)
at elderberryni.ElderberryNi.main(ElderberryNi.java:320)
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can\'t find bundle for base name o
rg.jfree.chart.plot.LocalizationBundle, locale en_US
at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(Unknown Source
)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Unknown Source)
at org.jfree.chart.util.ResourceBundleWrapper.getBundle(ResourceBundleWr
apper.java:128)
at org.jfree.chart.plot.XYPlot.<clinit>(XYPlot.java:326)
... 5 more

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.