[0.25] FireCrew - Fire, Retrain or Retire unwanted crew [October 28]

xEvilReeperx

I hit a little snag that delayed me (but was solved this morning). I'm at a crossroads though. What would you guys prefer:

1. a config file that lets you specify which type of dismissal to do when the button is clicked ("fire" - gone forever, "retrain" - back to applicant pool, "retire" - put into a new retired tab)
  2. Or, in the popup that appears after clicking the red X, put all three options into the dialog
  3. Or, instead of the red X button, add new buttons for each option directly into the list

preferably: #3, but if that's too much work #2 is fine as well!

When I fire crew who I have acquired through rescue contracts, the game bugs out (basically it only half changes scenes, won't let me access the main menu, only way out is to kill the application) The way to fix it was by deleting the relevant records of the kerbal rescue missions from the persistance.sfs. The bugging out may be related to another mod interaction, though.

• 2 weeks later...

New release is out! Now with 200% more features

When I fire crew who I have acquired through rescue contracts, the game bugs out (basically it only half changes scenes, won't let me access the main menu, only way out is to kill the application)
Thanks! Led me to a rather serious oversight. The new version shouldn't cause any problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have a retired tab, but not a fired tab? I assume dismiss is firing.

Could you also add a reason for retire and dismiss? That can display on hover or in their info or something? :P Just to add a little more uniqueness to their story and such.

"Jebediah, come in, we have news for you."

"Ooh!"

"We're going to have to fire you."

"Oh."

"In a rocket!"

"Ooh!"

"Into the sun."

"Oh."

"But it's for science!"

"Ooh!"

"It seems the sun contains potassium benzoate."

"... can I go now?"

There might not be much of a high priority demand but there are some genuine user interest, mine as an example.

As I'm not killing nearly as many kerbals as I hire, I really could make use of a non-lethal way of getting rid of the excess. I'm a bit squeamish about blowing them up unnecessarily, and it costs money too nowadays. :-)

Whilst I totally get the priority, this is one of those little mods that made 0.24 a little less annoying, especially when coupled with Kerbal Economy Enhancements.

Having unnecessary/unwanted -victims- volunteers is the most annoying aspect of career mode but not being able to explodify them due to the payouts is awful.

xEvilReeperx. please update. I think you have more simulation style users than you know.

EDIT: 2 days later. I'm checking almost every 6 hours. Can you give an idea when you will have some time to update xEvilReeperx? I know, I'm sorry I'm being THAT guy.

EDIT2: I will start posting pictures of me torturing kerbals until we get an update.

Edited by UAL002

I just found this mod after the 0.25 update and I haven't got chance to try it out. This mod feature maybe small things, but I always liked the idea to fire or retire crew. Please update it to 0.25 so I can use it with my space program. (by the way, this mod is the only option to fire/retire Jeb because he blew up KSC)

Here we go. This is archival footage of kerbals being used as landing gear. This will continue without an update. Next, I will use the grabber claw.

http://i.imgur.com/r9T4vuY.jpg

Wait... UAL002, are you Danny2462? It's just, that image is identical to the thumbnail on this video.

Kerbal Space Program: Kerbals as Landing Gear: http://youtu.be/f-zFkHN5xtY

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.