[0.25] FireCrew - Fire, Retrain or Retire unwanted crew [October 28]

xEvilReeperx

YES! VICTORY!

No I'm not Danny, but he was my inspiration.

I had idea for a "proof of life" style photo tonight to prod evilreaper with. I might do it anyway.

EDIT: Update or the little green one gets it.

3yWr9wI.png

Edited by UAL002

Actually I might have a problem. Randomly I will end up getting a bunch of kerbals I didnt hire show up in the assigned tab with vessel "unowned". Additionally my contracts seem to be acting strangely but that may be something else.

I should note I am using realroster and Final frontier as well if inherent conflicts are present that I do not know of. (among other mods as well.)

RG61cTE.png

Those are usually from rescue type contracts. Do you recognize any of them as ones you've fired/retired? Under the hood, FireCrew treats everybody you've fired or retired as dead -- they're not actually deleted or removed from the roster specifically to be as compatible as possible and to avoid losing ribbons. If RealRoster or FinalFrontier are respawning them and ignoring their respawn times, you could end up with a situation pictured in your screenshot.

I'll have a look at it. Thanks

I considered it, but I've never seen the names prior and after removing firecrew the kerbals are gone. There may be lingering issues with remaining kerbals records in FF however but no matter. I just want to either help identify a bug in FC or resolve the larger issues. I wonder if they may have been the previous applicant pool that got pulled over all at once as it looks like the right number of kerbals and it all happened at the same time.

EDIT: have you been able to reproduce?

Edited by UAL002

Hmm not sure if it is related to Fire crew but I have a kerbal with no name and no courage or stupidity levels :huh:

Edit:

KERBAL

{

name =

type = Crew

brave = 0

dumb = 0

badS = False

state = Available

ToD = 0

idx = -1

}

Edited by montyben101

I am hoping that you would be able to assign some Kerbals to the launch complex to act as controllers for different areas or to make some test pilots/explorers who didn't quite cut it in the "training" group for outer space missions. That way for items in the SPH that are not going to orbit they would only be available for things like aircraft or helos, ground missions on Kerbin, etc...

So I am guessing a reassignment tab would be cool to have....sometime in the future.

I considered it, but I've never seen the names prior and after removing firecrew the kerbals are gone. There may be lingering issues with remaining kerbals records in FF however but no matter. I just want to either help identify a bug in FC or resolve the larger issues. I wonder if they may have been the previous applicant pool that got pulled over all at once as it looks like the right number of kerbals and it all happened at the same time.

EDIT: have you been able to reproduce?

I've not been able to reproduce it so far. Would you happen to have a save where this happened? The only time FC does anything involving applicants is if the button to hire or retrain them is clicked... :huh:

On second thought, have you been testing this alongside Realroster, xEvilReeperx? I just found out that the current build of RR is interfering with the new "no autohire kerbal" function of .25

Could that plus the introduction of Firecrew be the culprit?

EDIT: The author put out a fix I will check and report back if that solves it.

Edited by UAL002

Even with the fix to the aforementioned mod I have a single unowned kerbal now. It only happened after retiring my first kerbal. Unsure if a coincidence as this is a new career.

Here is the savegame. What else do you need? I wont touch KSP again until you have everything you need.

Dropbox link

This led to me a clue, but I seem to be missing one of your mods dealing with contracts since I get a NRE while saving contracts which hoses the game state. Which mods do you have installed, other than FC? I've got this list based on your save so far:

• Dmagic Orbital Science
  • Kethane
  • FinePrint
  • RealRoster
  • FinalFrontier
  • SCANsat

Unrelated: Is the kethane button messed up for you too?

No, the button looks alright (you're talking about the AppLauncher button in Map View?). I think I've tracked the problem down. Did you have a bunch of rescue contracts offered and/or accepted?

I completely forgot what happened when a contract to rescue a Kerbal is offered: they're added to your roster so you don't accidentally (intentionally?) hire a Kerbal of the same name and complete the contract with an imposter. It looks like the way I handle assigned kerbals is different than the game, so they mysteriously appear when they shouldn't. I'll fix that right up and hopefully the problem will be solved

Ha! Awesome dude. I cant wait. Weird no one else noticed.

About kethane, I get the app launcher button half showing up over other app launcher buttons occasionally. I reported it and so did another guy but no one else seems to have it. I love update .25 but I feel like I'm catching more bugs with the stock game and mods than I ever have before, through no fault of the modders. They must have really changed a bunch of code.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.