[0.25] FireCrew - Fire, Retrain or Retire unwanted crew [October 28]

xEvilReeperx

• 4 weeks later...

This is a very useful mod (as I keep on forgetting to get "The Big 3" out from the command pods), but I some how come across a bug where when I retire (didn't try fire or retrain yet) a Kerbal, I can't leave the Astronaut Complex or load any of the buildings or even launch a space craft from the Launch Pad 'building'. I found a way to get around this problem by loading a quicksave before I retired the crew and I can load the buildings as well as launch a space craft from the Launch Pad.

but I some how come across a bug where when I retire (didn't try fire or retrain yet) a Kerbal, I can't leave the Astronaut Complex or load any of the buildings or even launch a space craft from the Launch Pad 'building'.

Do you have a log I can look at? I'll hunt it down :)

I wonder with this if there is a way to make it where you have to pay kerbals salaries, like you set the salary you want to pay and you will see different kerbals, a mod like that and this would just be the iron fortresses of things, BTW i love this mod and its really come to play well with my saves!

Great Job Mate!

I wonder with this if there is a way to make it where you have to pay kerbals salaries, like you set the salary you want to pay and you will see different kerbals, a mod like that and this would just be the iron fortresses of things, BTW i love this mod and its really come to play well with my saves!

Great Job Mate!

There are already several mods which do this ,like mission controller and kerbal contruction time

Yep, that's the right log. Could I have a copy of your persistence file (at the moment just before you enter the astronaut complex to retire a Kerbal)? The problem is related to a rescue contract, probably a crewman has somehow gone missing. FireCrew shouldn't be involved since it doesn't actually remove any crew but I'd like a closer look.

Yep, that's the right log. Could I have a copy of your persistence file (at the moment just before you enter the astronaut complex to retire a Kerbal)? The problem is related to a rescue contract, probably a crewman has somehow gone missing. FireCrew shouldn't be involved since it doesn't actually remove any crew but I'd like a closer look.

Here you go,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9prl4mt1hedjmkk/quicksave3.sfs?dl=0

Do you want the mods I use?

Edited by WDZOrangeJuice

Thanks. Something funny is going on here. FC seems to not be loading any retirees when you first enter the space center which is highly suspicious.

1. Does temporarily removing FC prevent the problem from occurring?
  2. What exact steps happen between the "floating in space" quicksave you sent me and the "I can't leave astronaut complex" state?

If #1 solves the problem, could you edit the FC cfg so that "LogMask" is set to -1 and then post a new output log just after you get stuck in the astronaut complex?

Thanks. Something funny is going on here. FC seems to not be loading any retirees when you first enter the space center which is highly suspicious.

1. Does temporarily removing FC prevent the problem from occurring?
  2. What exact steps happen between the "floating in space" quicksave you sent me and the "I can't leave astronaut complex" state?

If #1 solves the problem, could you edit the FC cfg so that "LogMask" is set to -1 and then post a new output log just after you get stuck in the astronaut complex?

#1 didn't really solve it, I was still "floating in space".

#2: For the "floating in space", just fire any crew and leave, you would not be able to select any of the buildings or even leave, you have to force close.

For the other one, you wouldn't really see in the Complex but really you would hear the audio.

So I found out another thing, and its that if I enter the Astronaut Complex AT ALL and leave, it will do the same thing.

To be more specific, if I enter in the Astronaut Complex (this time I don't do anything) and leave, then go into the VAB (didn't try the other buildings,) fly a craft, then revert back into the VAB, and that will cause me to not be able to leave it.

Then I can force close KSP then relaunch the save to be in the "floating in space and not being able to do anything state".

I removed the mod again, and tried to do stuff but the bug is still there. I think its just my save since I changed mod versions.

• 4 weeks later...

I could, but since the stock game now offers some of this functionality (firing them, anyway) it's a bit lower on the todo list. Be careful though: don't use the stock fire method on anyone that's been the "first" at anything or you'll break your save

I could, but since the stock game now offers some of this functionality (firing them, anyway) it's a bit lower on the todo list. Be careful though: don't use the stock fire method on anyone that's been the "first" at anything or you'll break your save

I think it could be a really useful mod if you could retrain the profession assigned to a Kerbal. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Since "Firing" in stock just returns a kerbal to the applicant pool, this is still a preferred mod for me. I don't want to have to wade through dumb cowards I already fired to find a possible hire, but would prefer to not have to terminate them instead. Anyway, thank you for this mod, I loved it in .25.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.