[Suggestions] Better multiple monitor support, and a fix for the frame rate issue

I have been playing KSP for a few months and it needs two things. One is better support for people with multiple monitors. Some games implement was is called "Windowed Fullscreen". This allows one to utilize a second screen while the primary one has the game running fullscreen. This makes browsing the web and other tasks easier and makes the game much more enjoyable in general.

Two is a fix to the framerate issue for the main menu. When one selects an item out of the menu list, the camera pans and a new menu is opened. During this panning fps drops to a point where frames are dropped, resulting in very jagged movement.

Create a short cut to the KSP executable. Add -popupwindow after the destination, so it's C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe" -popupwindow (or wherever your ksp folder is). Change resolution to 1920x1080 windowed.

And that's it.

What I'd also like is the ability to have multiple screens of data from KSP, for example, map view on screen 2, and the rocket on screen 1. So not only could you see the impact of your burns, whilst still watching your lovely rocket, but you'd get a bit of a mission control feeling as well.

What I'd also like is the ability to have multiple screens of data from KSP, for example, map view on screen 2, and the rocket on screen 1. So not only could you see the impact of your burns, whilst still watching your lovely rocket, but you'd get a bit of a mission control feeling as well.

And IVA, too. Any two for double monitor setups, all three for triple.

There is also a mod that attempted map view on another screen, I believe it did it by running two synchronized instances of KSP (which I think would let you put another core to work :P): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76273-Stand-Alone-Map-View-Multi-monitor-KSP-0-23-5-WIP-Plugin Not sure if it's still being developed or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.