Possible Hell Kraken on switch to other craft?

Version: 0.24.2, 32 bit, Steam

System: Windows 7 (64 bit), Intel Core i3-3240, GeForce GTX650, 8 GB RAM

Save file: started as career in 0.23.5 and was converted to science with 0.24

Only installed mods are Kerbal Alarm Clock and MechJeb. I could reproduce the same error on a clean install with the same save file. I have three vessels with more or less identical configurations (possible different number of science modules) at the same time in the system. All work fine.

Issue: When I switch to a certain vessel (orbiting the sun, on intercept with Eve) the screen goes black. The HUD is still visible but shows no information. After the screen is black I can switch back to Space Center but the display stays black. I can end the game normally via menue. Reloading the save is only possible after I have restarted KSP. Than it functions again but the affected vessel and a random number of other vessels have vanished. If I load a quicksave from before the error it is reproducible. Switching to the craft via tracking station or map mode makes no difference.

The output_log.txt: https://justpaste.it/gvak

According to my search this looks like the bug described as the "Hell Kraken". But as far as I found this bug normally appears during EVA operations. But I have no EVA ongoing. Probably this will be the same issue, but maybe this helps to determine the root cause, as it seems to be a slightly different situation to experience it.

Edited by Heimdall5008

Please follow the instructions in the sticky. We need the entire output_log.txt and instructions on how to create a craft (and what to do with it) that will produce this issue reliably.

Thing is, the Hell Kraken doesn't strike specific crafts. I once had an install where I had to send two or three missions every time I wanted to go to another planet, since the Hell Kraken ate most of them. No, not hyperbole. And those ships had very little in common. On the other hand, I've never had a Hell Kraken attack on my current install, so I'm quite puzzled as to why it happens. But OP, it's always good to include the entire output_log.

EDIT: I just remembered that this only happens to vessels in orbit, so it might be Krakensbane related.

Please follow the instructions in the sticky. We need the entire output_log.txt and instructions on how to create a craft (and what to do with it) that will produce this issue reliably.

I have added the complete output_log.txt in the opening post.

This time it happend with another craft. The craft that produced the error the last three time, functioned without problems this time.

I will try to reproduce the error in a complete new install with a complete new save game, but at the moment this just seems to happen at random. The similarity between the tweo craft may be that both were minutes away from an SOI change. I will report when I have further information.

Edited by Heimdall5008

So, I have tested further with a complete new install (moved old KSP folder to another loaction and reloaded the game data from Steam) and the old save (as I had no MJ parts installed on any ship this was no problem).

I was not able to reproduce the black screen but therefore another error. One of the two affected crafts was (according to the info in the tracking station) on escapte trajectory from the sun. The shown trajectory was still the expected transfer from Kerbin to Duna. When I loaded this craft it disassembled and the command module was accelerated to about 6x the speed of light.

This gave me an idea, where to look. I copied the save game and removed the superluminous craft. Since then the save game runs stable again.

Here 2 screenshots: One of the vessel view and one of the tracking station (this one was done after the vessel view, therefore the shown tracectory cannot be right):

GOzOs8gl.png?1

gsXn0lAl.png?1

Here is the link to the save game with which I was able to perform both issues (black screen and escape velocity): http://www.file-upload.net/download-9454908/persistent.sfs.html

Edited by Heimdall5008