(Outdated) [0.25] The Mac OS X Thread

@Goub:

That section looks normal if you have the SCANSat mod installed but haven't started scanning Kerbin.

Please read the How to Get Support sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum. I'd suggest starting a new thread in that forum with the following additional information:

• A complete copy of your persistence.sfs (you'll need to upload it to a storage site like Dropbox or Google Drive).
  • A full list of your mods, including versions

If you have a recent quicksave, you could also replace the persistence.sfs with that.

@Cad01:

Wrong, but normal. The log should list the correct amount of video RAM near the top.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but here goes:

I purchased Kerbal Space Program for my father on Steam during the last Steam winter sale. He installed it on his IMac, but had trouble with the game because the mac mouse only has one button and there are no ways to access the context sensitive menus accessed by right clicking on objects. It also makes it hard building rockets in the VAB. My father told me he can't play it until someone fixes the program to work without the right mouse button fuctionality. Do any of you have any ideas?

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but here goes:

I purchased Kerbal Space Program for my father on Steam during the last Steam winter sale. He installed it on his IMac, but had trouble with the game because the mac mouse only has one button and there are no ways to access the context sensitive menus accessed by right clicking on objects. It also makes it hard building rockets in the VAB. My father told me he can't play it until someone fixes the program to work without the right mouse button fuctionality. Do any of you have any ideas?

So I play on a macbook with a standard regular mouse. However it seems there shouldn't be an issue since the mac mouse to right click all you need to do is click with two fingers instead of one. So that shouldn't be a problem. However if thats not the case you can get a regular mouse for the mac and it will work just fine on amazon for 7 bucks or if you want splurge and get a wireless one for 10 that would work too.

So I play on a macbook with a standard regular mouse. However it seems there shouldn't be an issue since the mac mouse to right click all you need to do is click with two fingers instead of one. So that shouldn't be a problem. However if thats not the case you can get a regular mouse for the mac and it will work just fine on amazon for 7 bucks or if you want splurge and get a wireless one for 10 that would work too.

The standard Apple wireless mouse supports left click as a left click and right click as right click, so to speak. It is sensitive to which side of the no button mouse you click on. Works well but can be a pain when you click near the middle and it decides you clicked right when you want left and vice versa ! The older non-wireless mice may not support this.

Also, I posted earlier about 10.10.2 being more stable, which was a bit premature. However I have found that a Google app, Soundflower, the audio component of a screen capture app was very likely a proble. By removing that app and its associated .kext file I haven't had any kernel panics or crashes for over a week. So if you have that Google app you may want to try removing it if you are having stability issues. YMMV of course.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whoops. Missed you in all the release week fun, Arsenal19. Please see the [thread=92230]Stock Support and Bug Reporting Guide[/thread], though it sounds like you just have a bad download.

Edit: New Mac-specific issues thread here, as this one contains a fair amount of outdated information.

Edited by Master Tao