[1.0][Part] Radial Engine Mounts by PanaTee Parts International

TeeJaye85

Is there a way to add a tweakable to toggle the fuel crossfeed? If I edit the CFG on the dual one to have crossfeed set to false, would that block fuel from going from tanks on the top to engines on the bottom?

I've found a problem with these. This craft is all stock except for these engine mounts. http://pastebin.com/eiaFTUms

Using the latest dev build (445) of MechJeb it triggers both these mounts and the Rockomax decoupler immediately after them, bypassing the Mammoth engine which is in the stage with these radial mount/decouplers. Hitting F3 shows the Rockomax decoupler triggering an instant after the PPI ones. The damage comes along after the lander engines light.

Manually staging them works.

The four Mainsails carry it to the coast phase and are supposed to start the circularization, then stage off for the Mammoth to finish. It's shaping up to become my first Mun rocket in 1.0.2, if the launch staging will work. Likely will need separatrons but it's still in unmanned R&D phase.

I'll take a look at this.

When you say manually staging works, you mean with Spacebar, or with right-click/decouple (or both?).

If these are working in 1.0+ can you please update CKAN?

Hmmm...I was under the impression that CKAN automatically scraped KerbalStuff for updates. I'm new to CKAN so I'll have to look into this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Is there a way to add a tweakable to toggle the fuel crossfeed? If I edit the CFG on the dual one to have crossfeed set to false, would that block fuel from going from tanks on the top to engines on the bottom?

I don't know the answer to this either (hmmm...sensing a pattern here). I'll try and get a few tests in tonight.

Edited by TeeJaye85

I forgot the built in fuel crossfeed. It was pulling from the center Kerbodyne tank along with the four radially mounted tanks. That's why it would be nice to give these a tweakable to toggle crossfeed.

Fuel crossfeed overrides staging order with MechJeb. Since the center tank is connected to the radial tanks via these engine mounts, MechJeb treats them all as one tank to be drawn from until empty before triggering decouplers higher up in the staging.

Hmmm...I was under the impression that CKAN automatically scraped KerbalStuff for updates. I'm new to CKAN so I'll have to look into this. Thanks for the heads-up.

CKAN is still showing v0.35 and wont allow an install on KSP 1.0.2, I've had to manually install from KerbalStuff for now, but I much prefer CKAN to manage all that.

CKAN is still showing v0.35 and wont allow an install on KSP 1.0.2, I've had to manually install from KerbalStuff for now, but I much prefer CKAN to manage all that.

Yeah, it's behaving the same way for me. Not sure why. I've posted a cry for help over on the CKAN thread. I'll get it resolved as soon as I can. Thanks again for pointing out the issue.

I believe we should be back up and running on CKAN, but am away from my machine for the next few days. Chaosratt, would you be willing to test and report back?

• 2 weeks later...

I know that TeeJaye85 et. al. recommend tweak scale, but I have made up simplistic larger versions of this object (2.5m and 3.75m). I say simplistic because I just increased the resources and drag and cost etc. etc. by the same factor as the size change.

I haven't uploaded it to anywhere as it isn't really my creation. I just made directory copies and changed the names/descriptions and variables so I didn't have to use tweakscale.

Edited by BDelacroix

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see tweakables added to switch the decoupling and fuel cross feed because often it would be nice to have these as permanent parts, without pulling fuel from the tank they're attached onto the side of. The one with top and bottom mounts would need two cross feed switches.

• 1 month later...
I know that TeeJaye85 et. al. recommend tweak scale, but I have made up simplistic larger versions of this object (2.5m and 3.75m). I say simplistic because I just increased the resources and drag and cost etc. etc. by the same factor as the size change.

I haven't uploaded it to anywhere as it isn't really my creation. I just made directory copies and changed the names/descriptions and variables so I didn't have to use tweakscale.

I'm not finding a whole lot of time lately to do much beyond just a quick functionality check when new game versions come out. If you're interested, you're more than welcome to spinoff a version with more size options, especially if you'd be willing/able to address some of the great improvement suggestions by other posters.

Our license allows you to remix and recreate as much as you like as long as you give us credit, don't try to get rich from it (ha! good luck!), and pay the freedom forward. Here's a link to the details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Probus said:

Anyone else interested in getting an update for this mod to 1.2.X @TeeJaye85?

All stilled worked but here is alittle update for KSP 1.2.2

Version  0.41     Download here   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test Parts/RadialEngineMountsPPI_v0.41.zip

CHANGELOG
-------------------------
v0.41 - 2016-12-08
-Updated for KSP 1.2.2
-changed  category = Coupling
-add  bulkheadProfiles = srf
-add  tags = PanaTee Parts International
-add  MODULE[ModuleToggleCrossfeed]   
-changed textures to dds format

Credit  PandaHammer and TeeJaye85

This work is shared under Creative Commons licence CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

link is dead. Can you re-upload?

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:34 PM, Mecripp said:

All stilled worked but here is alittle update for KSP 1.2.2

Version  0.41     Download here   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test Parts/RadialEngineMountsPPI_v0.41.zip

CHANGELOG
-------------------------
v0.41 - 2016-12-08
-Updated for KSP 1.2.2
-changed  category = Coupling
-add  bulkheadProfiles = srf
-add  tags = PanaTee Parts International
-add  MODULE[ModuleToggleCrossfeed]   
-changed textures to dds format

Credit  PandaHammer and TeeJaye85

This work is shared under Creative Commons licence CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Give this a try https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyp7q2l18x1xmmt/RadialEngineMountsPPI_v0.41.zip?dl=0

2 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

Ah, that worked. Dumb dropbox.

FYI and even better way of sharing DB links: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyp7q2l18x1xmmt/RadialEngineMountsPPI_v0.41.zip?dl=1

Makes it a direct download. Thx for the quick response!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.