[1.0.4] ModuleRCSFX v4.2 Aug 23 OBSOLETE IN 1.0.5

NathanKell

Is there an easy way / easy guide for transforming a normal engine (like an ion engine) into an RCS engine while keeping all the relevant animations and whatnot? I looked through many of the guides out there, but they assume you are making a normal RCS thruster with some white gas being expelled from it...

• 4 weeks later...

Before 0.90 hit, I was playing with a 4-way vernier with multiple nozzles in each direction.

The odd thing was, the way the math is working somewhere behind the scenes, the more power I give the thrusters, the less visual feedback I get.

Thoughts? Am I performing a dumb here?

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRCSFX
thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
thrusterPower = 12
resourceName = LiquidFuel

PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidFuel
ratio = 0.9
DrawGauge = True
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = Oxidizer
ratio = 1.1
}
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 250
key = 1 130
}
}

Seeing the same thing on the 3.3 build. Like I said, I may be doing something catastrophically stupid, so feel free to tell me if that's the case.

Here's the part in question if you are willing to take a look. Changing the thrusterPower from 12 to 1 results in large, visible plumes.

Wild guess here...ModuleRCSFX uses some of the stock system if I'm not mistaken. Well when your thrusterPower is set to 12, by default the RCS system uses 'partial power' since it's so much. But when thrusterPower is at 1, it needs all of it, so it fires full power. Since the 'plume' is by percentage. 100% of 1kN gives 100% plume. While say 10% of 12kN gives 10% of the plume.

I cannot disable my RCS ports. I can click on "Disable" and "Enable" buttons and they work properly, but it makes no difference as the RCS port still works and consumes the same amount of fuel.

I'm sorry if it's the wrong place to post this problem, but as I understand this plugin is responsible for RCS work.

Thank you.