[0.24.2] EZ-Snack Oven - Snacks! for MKS [0.1.0 - 2014.08.29]

RoverDude

The Snacks! mod rocks. The license rocks even more. So I baked some cookies.

1lqbfac.png?1

The EZ-Snack oven is an extension to MKS that adds Snacks! compatibility for MKS.

Use an MKS BioLab to make BioMass. The EZ-Snack Oven can then convert the biomass into tasty snacks!

REQUIRES Snacks! and MKS to work!

(The MKS dependency is there because I reuse models/textures/components - if someone wants to fork this and make a different version, go for it - all of the assets are CC)

License: CC 4.0 Share Alike Attribution Non-Commercial

Zip: Grab EZSnack_x.x.x.zip from the USI Dropbox link in my sig (where x.x.x is the version number).

Does this simplify the life support aspect of MKS/OKS? Having a gazillion resources to take care of is what has been turning me off that particular mod.

I'm pretty sure it just allows the snack mod to be used with MKS/OKS, I don't think it changes anything else.

That said, I believe you can use MKS/OKS without a life support mod if you want.

I think you should issue a warning and disclaimer about trying to make snacks out of Karbonite, RoverDude. Could lead to a nasty accident and an extended courtroom battle.

Thanks for all your brilliant mods. Off to give ART a try tonight after watching your tut/vid.

Does this simplify the life support aspect of MKS/OKS? Having a gazillion resources to take care of is what has been turning me off that particular mod.

Life support was rendered optional in MKS ages ago.

This requires MKS. MKS requires Kethane and TAC Life Support. I use none of these three. I do, however, use Snacks and Whyren's Snacks mod. So, I'll pass on this mod.

So much misinformation pushed into such a short sentence. MKS does not require Kethane (hell, we don't even support it anymore). Nor does it require TAC. But so nice of you to post misinformation just so you could announce your intention NOT to use this mod :)

But hey... as noted if someone wants to grab the model and swap out the generator, go for it. It's CC.

MKS doesn't require TAC or Kethane.
So much misinformation pushed into such a short sentence. MKS does not require Kethane (hell, we don't even support it anymore). Nor does it require TAC. But so nice of you to post misinformation just so you could announce your intention NOT to use this mod :)

But hey... as noted if someone wants to grab the model and swap out the generator, go for it.

I based my statement on this webpage: Modular-Kolonization-System

Which states:

REQUIRED MODS:

Kethane

TAC Life Support

Therefore, RoverDude, please update that web page to reflect what is and is not needed.

Edited by Apollo13

I based my statement on this webpage: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/72706-Ongoing-Dev-0-23-5-Modular-Kolonization-System-v0-16-(RELEASE)-05-10-2014

Which states:

REQUIRED MODS:

Kethane

TAC Life Support

Therefore, please update that web page to reflect what is and is not needed.

Congratulations on finding an old dev thread. Have a cookie.

Congratulations on finding an old dev thread. Have a cookie.

And how the h*ll am I supposed to know that's out-of-date info? Look, if you want to be self-righteous, then do so. Your opinion is irrelevant. So where is the most up-to-date info on MKS?

And how the h*ll am I supposed to know that's out-of-date info? Look, if you want to be self-righteous, then do so. Your opinion is irrelevant. So were is the most up-to-date info on MKS?

The beauty of doing stuff for free is that I get to ignore unpleasant people. You just made my ignore list, so it's probably best you don't use any of my mods as I won't see any of your questions for support :) But before I depart... the information you seek is like... the first link in my signature. Your princess, however, is in another castle. Have another cookie.

Which states:

REQUIRED MODS:

Kethane

TAC Life Support

Therefore, RoverDude, please update that web page to reflect what is and is not needed.

That doesn't make much sense, the link you claimed to use says it's out of date and directs you to the up-to-date release thread right away.

And just because it's getting later in the afternoon on a Friday (and I really don't want to do any more work), I notice that the old dev thread even has a big, red notice on it to go to the release thread, followed by a humongosaurus link...

And yes, I even checked to see if you'd tried to retcon the notice, but your last edit was in May.

Back on subject, I tried TAC-LS for a little while, but it's not very forgiving to complete newbs. "Wow! I'll bet I can get to the Mun on my second launch!" "Wait, what? Jeb died 'cause the Dura-Fails failed?" or "Whoops, not enough dV available to get back to Kerbin. I'll send up a rescue craft..." "Ack! Bill Ran out of O2 waiting for the rescue! Bob, you still there? Wake up! Now's not the time for a CO2-induced coma! &*%#!@^!" But this little gem has me installing Snacks! even though I have yet to lift more than a couple of comm sats into stable orbit... Gotta have a goal, right?

And just because it's getting later in the afternoon on a Friday (and I really don't want to do any more work), I notice that the old dev thread even has a big, red notice on it to go to the release thread, followed by a humongosaurus link...

And yes, I even checked to see if you'd tried to retcon the notice, but your last edit was in May.

Back on subject, I tried TAC-LS for a little while, but it's not very forgiving to complete newbs. "Wow! I'll bet I can get to the Mun on my second launch!" "Wait, what? Jeb died 'cause the Dura-Fails failed?" or "Whoops, not enough dV available to get back to Kerbin. I'll send up a rescue craft..." "Ack! Bill Ran out of O2 waiting for the rescue! Bob, you still there? Wake up! Now's not the time for a CO2-induced coma! &*%#!@^!" But this little gem has me installing Snacks! even though I have yet to lift more than a couple of comm sats into stable orbit... Gotta have a goal, right?

Awesome! Yeah, I love the idea of a more lighthearted life support mod, and Snacks! fits the bill. The main reason I broke out the TAC-LS of MKS was to give people the chance for more choices. Again, if someone wants to take the MKS models and redo this one to break that dependency, go for it. I did it as an MKS one because people in my thread have been asking for it :)

Which states:

REQUIRED MODS:

Kethane

TAC Life Support

Gee, let's see. The thread you linked says its for an OLD version of KSP, says its a dev thread, and the very first line in BIG SCARY RED TEXT is directing you to the RELEASE THREAD. Oh, and what does the first line of the release thread say?

Always clear out old releases before installing. TAC-LS is supported and encouraged, but optional. Karbonite and Community Resource Pack are included. Please use version 0.9x.

See that bolded text?

So next time you feel like making yourself look foolish please do it elsewhere.

MKS hasn't had LS tied to it in a bit... it will work with TAC or work with Snacks or work with... erm.. no life support. Or heck, work with both

I hadn't ever looked at the snacks mod because TAC is hard, and integral to MKS, and I like hard and mks. After seeing this thread though I think I'm going to get snacks and the EZ-snack oven, as an additional end-game goal for KSP-MKS. Now, not only do I have to get LS going and keep everyone alive, I have to keep them happy by producing enough of another arbitrary resource that doesn't kill them if it runs out, but does have some negative effects. It could be their entertainment module for all I care, it's just cool that there is another module I have to include in my plans for happy kerbals.

In short I think running both LS mods will make the game deviously hard, and will also be a tiny bit more realistic.

EDIT: Also, rover, just as an FYI, for some reason searching "ksp mks" in google lists the .18 dev thread as the first result. That may be why there was some confusion. Though, usually if I want to check the thread and I'm not on my computer I just search ksp mks, click the dev thread search result, then use the conveniently provided link in the first post to get to the proper thread....anyway, just wanted to mention, that old thread still shows up first in google.

Edited by Errol

I hadn't ever looked at the snacks mod because TAC is hard, and integral to MKS, and I like hard and mks. After seeing this thread though I think I'm going to get snacks and the EZ-snack oven, as an additional end-game goal for KSP-MKS. Now, not only do I have to get LS going and keep everyone alive, I have to keep them happy by producing enough of another arbitrary resource that doesn't kill them if it runs out, but does have some negative effects. It could be their entertainment module for all I care, it's just cool that there is another module I have to include in my plans for happy kerbals.

In short I think running both LS mods will make the game deviously hard, and will also be a tiny bit more realistic.

EDIT: Also, rover, just as an FYI, for some reason searching "ksp mks" in google lists the .18 dev thread as the first result. That may be why there was some confusion. Though, usually if I want to check the thread and I'm not on my computer I just search ksp mks, click the dev thread search result, then use the conveniently provided link in the first post to get to the proper thread....anyway, just wanted to mention, that old thread still shows up first in google.

Yeah sadly I can't control how google indexes :/ I put all of the links there to prevent folks from going to the wrong place.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.