[0.24.2] EZ-Snack Oven - Snacks! for MKS [0.1.0 - 2014.08.29]

RoverDude

Excellent mod, thanks a bunch, RoverDude! :D

Now a quick question for the more MKS-savy: which parts do I need to remove to be rid of all the unneccessary life support modules? I don't like my parts windows getting cluttered up by parts I don't use.

• 1 month later...
Excellent mod, thanks a bunch, RoverDude! :D

Now a quick question for the more MKS-savy: which parts do I need to remove to be rid of all the unneccessary life support modules? I don't like my parts windows getting cluttered up by parts I don't use.

Kerbitat and Aeroponics if you use Snacks.

|Hmm, it would be nice if this was included in MKS instead of being off by itself, alone and scared :)

Bundling it in next release. Note that snacks cannot be close-looped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
KSP version? this guy needs updating for 0.90 still

0.90 I got it working in KSP, well not functionally, when I click bake it says it's producing snacks and my biolab is producing biomass but I am not getting more snacks. I looked in the config and I had to change the model reference for it to show up.

• 2 weeks later...

...Okay, after a bit of digging, I think I've set this up correctly for MKS/OKS version 0.22.3:

MODULE
{
name = KolonyConverter
converterName = Snack-Baking
StartActionName = Start Baking
StopActionName = Stop Baking
RecipeInputs = BioMass,0.01666666666667,ElectricCharge,2
RecipeOutputs = Snacks,0.01666666666667,false
}

If I'm right, it should use 2 ElectricCharge per second and 1 BioMass per minute to produce 1 Snack per minute. Have I missed anything, is the ratio of BioMass/Snacks correct? And what does the TRUE/FALSE at the end of RecipeOutputs do?

Of course, now I'm stuck on "what produces BioMass?" when I'm designing a space station to put this on...

Edited by DeMatt

...Okay, after a bit of digging, I think I've set this up correctly for MKS/OKS version 0.22.3:

MODULE
{
name = KolonyConverter
converterName = Snack-Baking
StartActionName = Start Baking
StopActionName = Stop Baking
RecipeInputs = BioMass,0.01666666666667,ElectricCharge,2
RecipeOutputs = Snacks,0.01666666666667,false
}

If I'm right, it should use 2 ElectricCharge per second and 1 BioMass per minute to produce 1 Snack per minute. Have I missed anything, is the ratio of BioMass/Snacks correct? And what does the TRUE/FALSE at the end of RecipeOutputs do?

Of course, now I'm stuck on "what produces BioMass?" when I'm designing a space station to put this on...

Thanks that works! The BioLab produces BioMass I believe. :)

BioLab requires Substrate (from mining) to produce BioMass. Aeroponics requires Water (also from mining, or from the TAC-LS life support loop) and Compost (Substrate via BioLab, or Waste via TAC-LS). Fuel Refinery requires Substrate. So none of these will work with a space station that doesn't use TAC-LS.

I guess part of the problem is that Snacks! doesn't produce a waste product, and MKS/OKS is integrated too tightly with TAC-LS to cooperate easily with Snacks! alone.

Well eating Snacks! could produce Compost/Waste, you could have something that turns it back into Snacks! by adding electricity, I mean a pound of poo versus a pound of protein is just a different arrangement of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen and Nitrogen. Have a converter that is directly related to Snacks! consumption, would that work?

Well eating Snacks! could produce Compost/Waste, you could have something that turns it back into Snacks! by adding electricity, I mean a pound of poo versus a pound of protein is just a different arrangement of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen and Nitrogen. Have a converter that is directly related to Snacks! consumption, would that work?
...That assumes that I am the guy who programmed Snacks! (or, for that matter, MKS/OKS) and therefore has a means of determining when a snack is eaten.

BioLab requires Substrate (from mining) to produce BioMass. Aeroponics requires Water (also from mining, or from the TAC-LS life support loop) and Compost (Substrate via BioLab, or Waste via TAC-LS). Fuel Refinery requires Substrate. So none of these will work with a space station that doesn't use TAC-LS.

I guess part of the problem is that Snacks! doesn't produce a waste product, and MKS/OKS is integrated too tightly with TAC-LS to cooperate easily with Snacks! alone.

Well it's less of TAC-LS integration and more that this is one of the only Life Support mods that is not mass neutral (i.e. it does not track any kind of waste product). Heck, if Snacks! left behind 'candy wrappers' as a resource, it could be made to work.

If the design choice is that the stuff is thrown out the window, then there's pretty much nothing I can do on the MKS/OKS side because that mass has to come fron *somewhere*.

I must be doing something wrong or looking in the wrong spot... okay, let me explain:

I downloaded and installed MKS/OKS and am in the middle of a career playthru but I'm not using any tacLS so I decided a good trade off would be Snacks! and so I installed Snacks! and this EZBake addon.

But I can't find the oven anywhere. Even in sandbox mode. I went and double checked my career save and checked all the nodes, even checked the config and checked the node specified, not in there.

Is there supposed to be a part folder under the EZSnack folder, or just the 3 files (DECALSN, DecalSN_GLOW, MKS_EZSnack.cfg) that I see?

Any help, greatly appreciated, as I said, it has to be something I did wrong, somehow, but I've redownloaded mks, snacks! and EZBake 2 times, same result.

Well it's less of TAC-LS integration and more that this is one of the only Life Support mods that is not mass neutral (i.e. it does not track any kind of waste product). Heck, if Snacks! left behind 'candy wrappers' as a resource, it could be made to work.

If the design choice is that the stuff is thrown out the window, then there's pretty much nothing I can do on the MKS/OKS side because that mass has to come fron *somewhere*.

...That's great and all, and I even mentioned "Snacks! doesn't produce a waste product".

But you didn't answer MY question, RoverDude... What does the TRUE/FALSE at the end of RecipeOutputs do?

I must be doing something wrong or looking in the wrong spot... okay, let me explain:

I downloaded and installed MKS/OKS and am in the middle of a career playthru but I'm not using any tacLS so I decided a good trade off would be Snacks! and so I installed Snacks! and this EZBake addon.

But I can't find the oven anywhere. Even in sandbox mode. I went and double checked my career save and checked all the nodes, even checked the config and checked the node specified, not in there.

Is there supposed to be a part folder under the EZSnack folder, or just the 3 files (DECALSN, DecalSN_GLOW, MKS_EZSnack.cfg) that I see?

Any help, greatly appreciated, as I said, it has to be something I did wrong, somehow, but I've redownloaded mks, snacks! and EZBake 2 times, same result.

You also need to modify this line in the EZSnack.cfg:

model = UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/Workspace

to

model = UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/Assets/Workspace

RoverDude shuffled around where MKS etc. put their files.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.