[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

OK got it working. Rechecked the paths files etc and did a recopy and paste. Will check more tomorrow but sounds great. Thanks to all who put so much time and effort into it. It adds SO much to the space feel. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love this mod. I think it is almost essential to get the best KSP experience. So thank you, Athlonic!

One thing that always bugged me, however, was the EVA breathing sound FX. It didn't quite sound like breathing to me. So I made a quick modification and lowered the pitch slightly to make it more like breathing while maintaining the Kerbal tone.

If you're like me, you can download the modified sound here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lnizfcblqsweca/breathing.zip?dl=0

Installation:

1. Open "GameData\Chatterer\Sounds\AAE\effect"

2. Back up the original "breathing.ogg" file

3. Unzip the contents of the link above into the same location.

4. Enjoy!

I'm not a modder, and not familiar with mod licenses. So if I'm violating anything, please let me know and I'll comply. :)

Seriously ? ^^

Well taste & colors, here you go : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvp3wsh8kxrjkcf/breathing.ogg?dl=0

Just copy/pasta in 'Chatterer\Sounds\AAE\effect'

I think I will put a "breathing Human/Kerbal toggle" option in next update ;)

Even though this is from almost 2 months ago, I want to share previous kudos for making the old sound available. Like others had mentioned previously, I thought that the new breathing sound was a bug in the download. A toggle would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work with this mod, it is a must-have in my book!!

I decoded the SSTV signals (in B/W 12) : SPOILERS AHEAD

"Album link". (SSTV09 is not up yet, and SSTV09 shown is actually SSTV10)

All images are severely distorded in their decoded form. Notice all images have an identical black band.

The first sstv image shows a kerbal near a crashed MK1-2 pod with a parachute on it. On Mün. With a Kerbinrise.

The second sstv image shows the Mün arch.

The third sstv image shows a picture of Mün in high orbit with a Kerbinrise.

The fourth sstv image shows a lander on a planet (with atmosphere) with a kerbal near it.

The fifth sstv image shows a kerbal floating in front of (presumably) Kerbol with a spacecraft near.

The sixth sstv image is barely recognizable, but shows a large SAS module.

The seventh sstv image shows a kerbal smiling on a barren planet (presumably Mün).

The eight sstv image is barely recognizable, but shows kerbal helmets.

The ninth sstv image is barely recognizable, but shows a spacecraft, and a sunrise on a barren planet (presumably Mün)

The tenth sstv image is barely recognizable, but shows a spacecraft.

Nice job hiding those images.

Edited by MegaUZI

Nice job hiding those images.

Nice job decoding them also ^^

Suggestion: For the next update, custom voices for the chatterer mod. Like add a software that we can use to customize our voice so that it would fit the mission more.

Can not comply, but you can easily find some freeware softwares (Audacity, ...) which can help with this without knowing about audio engineering. ;)

Love this mod so much, and by the ways i featured it in my latest video, you can hear kerbals chatting ahah :D

Nice video here ;)

Is there any additional sound packs to replace soviet chatter with apollo counterpart (missions 15-17) ?

Planned.

I will also do my best to make sound packs import/management easier in the future.

Zeenobit's breathing SFX patch/alternative is good but in case anyone wants even more choice i also made this one from the characteristic suit breathing sound from 2001:ASO (reprocessed and pitched up a little to account for the fact that Kerbals have smaller chest walls than the alien race known as "humans").

also if anyone wants an EVA sound that is less long and dramatic than the full airlock effect bundled i made this one which is just a "squeaky metal hatch" effect (so it triggers as the kerbal spawns outside the vessel).

keep up the good work developing the mod.

Hi there, NEEDHALPPLS

reposting from Curse.

"Nice mod, but i have a problem. I'm hearing high-pitch-beeping sound, constantly, 1-2 sec interval. Can't find where to shut it down, this sound annoys me. It's not the other "beep", (that one i can tweak). And all other setting can silence every Chatterer sounds, but for that high-pitch beeping. (Also, i hear it only when inside my spacecraft.)

Checked every option in Chatterer settings, it wont help, unless i click small "mute" button, but it silences every other sound as well.

Am I doing something wrong?"

Edited by SpareAlchemist

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.