[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

Dude! You mentioned me! Thank you! Downloading the update once I get back from Oregon (no one knows what I'm talking about when I'm saying that). :D

EDIT: And for the sake of mentioning it early, you are almost to a v1.0.0 release. Props to that man. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Props for almost v1.0.0! XD

Hi,

If you use Remotech it will disable beeps, SSTV and capcom chatter (capsule chatter will still trigger, simulating "talk to self/inter crew chat")

Now you talked about it, I guess vanilla KSP has a "connection to KSC" check when sending science ... maybe I can use this to simulate loss of connection without RemoteTech as well... mmh mmhh mmhhhhh

Honestly I wasn't looking to suggest anything complicated, I use Antenna Range though.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the female kerbal voices to play? I get nothing, and I've got the latest version, in my install. wanted to know if anyone else is seeing it, before I throw out a bug report and logs..

Edit: Nevermind, figured out what I did wrong. Ignore this.

Edited by vardicd

Just to make vardicd's post a little more useful to others: I too had this problem, but telling Chatterer to revert to defaults fixed the problem for me.

erm... :blush: I had just muted chatter for a video I recorded and forgot to unmute. :blush: wasn't going to say anything....

erm... :blush: I had just muted chatter for a video I recorded and forgot to unmute. :blush: wasn't going to say anything....

ROFL !

But yes there can also be an issue, if upgrading while keeping old config file or when using per_vessel settings, where Valentina's set have to be manually loaded.

I downloaded lots of plugins the other day, including chatterer, KAC, Alternate resource panel, Texture replacer with Raredens 8k skybox (so much pretty) trajectories (VERY useful for Duna aerobraking!) and some others. And can I just say....wow! The immersion this mod adds with the others I got is insane. I liked the ambient "alien" sounds in space, but I turned them down cause they were blaring.

However, I was playing in the dark in the night, everything was silent, I was tweaking my orbit when all the sudden.... "BEEEEP!! BEEEP!!!!"

I nearly fell out of my chair. Those SSTV beeps are one heck of a jumpscare!

:D

Hehe, this happened here as well ... several times.

The last time it was when I set SSTV to play randomly for testing purpose, I got bored of waiting so I set and used a key shortcut to play it.

But then, I forgot I let random play on ...

A little later ... BEEPILLIILIBEPP !!!

Jeeeeeezzz, and of course I was concentrated on something, wearing my headset and it was around 02:00AM.

Still makes me laugh when I think about it ^^

:D

Hehe, this happened here as well ... several times.

The last time it was when I set SSTV to play randomly for testing purpose, I got bored of waiting so I set and used a key shortcut to play it.

But then, I forgot I let random play on ...

A little later ... BEEPILLIILIBEPP !!!

Jeeeeeezzz, and of course I was concentrated on something, wearing my headset and it was around 02:00AM.

Still makes me laugh when I think about it ^^

I almost spit out my drink on that XD

I might be looking to make some more sound packs for Chatterer, what did people do to create the existing ones? I don't need a step-by-step and I have some experience with audio editing but an idea of what programs were used, what kind of filters, etc.

Now we need a sound set for probes... with "R2-D2" like noises.... "Capcom - You're leaving atmosphere... Probe - Beep Pew boop Beep!" :P

I'd like to second this request. I fly probes a lot and would love them chattering aswell, making beeps or modem chirps or diskette drive / hard drive noises.

As a developer myself, i don't really like people asking for things and offering no help. So here you have a pack of 30 "drone-ish" sounds cut to about the right size and in ogg format. I ripped them off youtube videos.

Not all of them are what i'd call ideal, but the alien nostromo bits are basically perfect.

http://www./download/rjf4cuit6iasi1u/chattererdronesounds.zip

#01 - #05: analog modem dialin

#06 - #09: floppy drive

#10: 1993 pc boot

#11 - #15: old printer startup

#16 - #30: alien, nostromo computer sounds

I was this close to actually jump into VS and implement them myself. But then again, im lazy, and i don't really know what i have to set up to get kerbal stuff to compile.

EDIT 2:

And also, i was wondering what the angry sounding soundbits were. Of course, russian. Figures.

Edited by Sterbehilfe

Some of the sounds are nice, but the dialup modem and printer sounds wouldn't really fit in with the theme. It would be pretty funny if the dialup sounds would occur when transmitting, though.

Absolutely zero patience and the urge to try out ksp modding resulted in a pull request for the probe chattering.

https://github.com/Athlonic/Chatterer/pull/15

If you want to try it out, the referenced patch file contains the needed sounds and a compiled chatterer .dll

Just remember you have to delete your plugin config file or add the "machines" audioset, similar to how "valentina" is registered inside

I have chatterer working again.

I run Linux

I got KSP through Steam.

If I run KSP directly rather than through steam. Chatterer works.

If I run KSP through steam, KSP seems to work fine but crashes to desktop after installing chatterer.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been unable to get this mod to work. I've installed and reinstalled several times but there is no chattering at all. The mods icon appears and the little window is there when you click it but there is no sounds. Running ksp on windows anyone have a fix? It may be worth mentioning that the icon for chatterer shows up as a gray box instead of the nice mic icon. However kerbal engineer does the same thing as still functions properly.

Edited by pixiestyx

Is there a way to get the NASA sounds during probe missions? I use Probe Control Room and it's currently muting vessel sounds while using it, so I need something to fill the gap other than just beeps. I was hoping to use some NASA com chatter to replace the silence.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.