Athlonic

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaaaannnnnd updated for KSP 1.2

v0.9.91 [12 Oct 2016]

- Recompiled for KSP v1.2.0.1586
- Removed obsolete KSPUtil reference
- Replaced RemoteTech behaviours with stock CommNet thingy
- Removed "using System.Linq" as advised by Squad to help performances
- Removed RemoteTech support (for now because of Linq use)
- Removed Blizzy78's toolbar support (for now because of Linq use)
- Removed other useless "using ..." 

I have a complaint.  Before this mod was updated, I had gotten used to listening to old radio shows while playing, because space was just too quiet.  Now I can't. :(

8 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Yes, thank you! Life in space feels quite normal again.

Indeed.  It's one of those things you don't notice until you don't have it, but when it's missing, it seems so empty.  The Docking Sounds mod is like that for me as well.  Without it, docking just felt wrong.

Thanks for breathing more life into the game.

20 minutes ago, razark said:

I have a complaint.  Before this mod was updated, I had gotten used to listening to old radio shows while playing, because space was just too quiet.  Now I can't. :(

Indeed.  It's one of those things you don't notice until you don't have it, but when it's missing, it seems so empty.  The Docking Sounds mod is like that for me as well.  Without it, docking just felt wrong.

Thanks for breathing more life into the game.

During the pre-release I almost reported a sound bug that when you exit and enter the cockpit the sound wasn't working. Only last night after loading Chatterer did I realize it's from the mod, not the stock. Would have been embarrassed had I reported that.

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy Bob said:

During the pre-release I almost reported a sound bug that when you exit and enter the cockpit the sound wasn't working. Only last night after loading Chatterer did I realize it's from the mod, not the stock. Would have been embarrassed had I reported that.

Lol ! Nice one ^^

I too had a "Hey! What the ... Oh right" moment with that...

Suggestion: I have texture replaced installed too. That has a setting where Kerbal have no helmet in atmosphere. Would there be a way for chatterer to know there's no helmet, and to not have the breathing sounds?

Edited by tg626

Extra Chatterer sound packs. (Are they around somewhere?)

Back in .90 I recall an Apollo17 sound pack for Chatterer, and I could have sworn I saw one for Mission Control. But lost all my sound packs (and KSP) when my Games folder got deleted.

Now that Chatter is working for 1.2 I wanted to see if they (or any other ones) are still availible.

3 hours ago, Foozle said:

Hmm, it works for me.  Just downloaded the file, seems fine.  Are you blocking cookies or scripts in your browser?

I switched to a different browser as a quick way to check this and the dropbox page came up fine, so I have the download now.

Thanks Foozle.

On 10/13/2016 at 0:10 PM, BlackHat said:

Extra Chatterer sound packs. (Are they around somewhere?)

Back in .90 I recall an Apollo17 sound pack for Chatterer, and I could have sworn I saw one for Mission Control. But lost all my sound packs (and KSP) when my Games folder got deleted.

Now that Chatter is working for 1.2 I wanted to see if they (or any other ones) are still availible.

I put together an expansion pack a while ago which is very much in line with the sounds included out of the box in Chatterer.  I actually requested it be added to CKAN today (although it might be more convenient if Athlonic simply baked them right into his mod).

BTW, @Athlonic, any word on the fading feature I sent you code for way back when?

Edited by Fwiffo
Fix link

On 18/10/2016 at 7:32 AM, StevieC said:

It might be cool to include a soundpack comprised of this:

Ok thats sounds a little too crazy, I guess ... but funny nevertheless

On 18/10/2016 at 2:31 AM, Fwiffo said:

I put together an expansion pack a while ago which is very much in line with the sounds included out of the box in Chatterer.  I actually requested it be added to CKAN today (although it might be more convenient if Athlonic simply baked them right into his mod).

BTW, @Athlonic, any word on the fading feature I sent you code for way back when?

Hey Fwiffo !

Your pack is nice, it should fit "stock" Chatterer if you don't mind I tweak the pitch up a little, also there are capcom/capsule samples mixed in their folder, is this intentional ?

Regarding your fading feature, I tried to put it in but I encountered some compile error concerning 'Drawing' and 'MonotonicSpline' in ZoomFader.cs, unfortunately I didn't had the time to give it a deeper look.

Also the release of Civilization 6 won't help ^^

1 minute ago, Athlonic said:

Your pack is nice, it should fit "stock" Chatterer if you don't mind I tweak the pitch up a little

Don't mind at all.

1 minute ago, Athlonic said:

also there are capcom/capsule samples mixed in their folder, is this intentional

Great question.  It's been ages since I looked at this so I kind of forget what I did.  Either I thought the sounds were more suited to the folders they're in (e.g. the feminine capcom / capsule sounds in capsuleF), or it was a mistake.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.