[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

On 10/21/2016 at 7:11 AM, Athlonic said:

Hey Fwiffo !

Your pack is nice, it should fit "stock" Chatterer if you don't mind I tweak the pitch up a little, also there are capcom/capsule samples mixed in their folder, is this intentional ?

Let me know once you are distributing the extra sounds with out-of-the-box Chatterer, so I can remove my "expansion pack" from CKAN.  It'll make life easier for users, as presently there's a manual step after installing, and I'm guessing at least half of them will overlook it even though this message is smack dab in the description when you click the mod in CKAN:

Adds an additional chatterset to Chatterer.

Created by Fwiffo, by manually editing / reversing sounds from the NASA chatterer pack put together by KingNeberkenezer (BeeMeister on Twitch).

IMPORTANT: After installing this pack, put a MANNED ship on the launch pad, open Chatterer settings, ensure Advanced Settings are enabled, then go to the Chatter tab, and load the set by typing the folder name 'expansion' (no quotes) and clicking Load.

Which reminds me, please ensure you include a credit to KingNeberkenezer (BeeMeister on Twitch) someplace after you add those sounds.

Regarding your fading feature, I tried to put it in but I encountered some compile error concerning 'Drawing' and 'MonotonicSpline' in ZoomFader.cs, unfortunately I didn't had the time to give it a deeper look.

I took a quick look today and it triggered some memory neurons.  Originally I had a reference to System.Drawing.dll, but had to remove it as the version of Mono shipped with KSP was missing that DLL/namespace.  The only thing I needed it for was the PointF structure, which I instead implemented in PointF.cs.  So in Solution Explorer, remove any reference you may have to System.Drawing.dll and it should work.  There's further explanation at the top of the original PointF.cs file, which includes the comment:

Note if you try to simply add a reference in the project to .NET's typical System.Drawing
    assembly, then KSP will fail to load this mod, with an error that MononicSpline cannot
    be loaded.

Does that sound like your issue? :-)

Also the release of Civilization 6 won't help ^^

If only I had some more time I would just love to help you with that too ;-)

Edited by Fwiffo

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mod. I never need to change the settings, can the icon be removed? I don't want to install a toolbar plugin to have it appear there, I just want to turn off the menu entry... even if it means editing a text config file.

Hi, I can't seem to get SSTV to work on 1.2.1. Every other thing is working such as chatters and beeps and ambient noise. But I could not however get SSTV to make a noise when transmitting science. I got the antenna and everything and it always said 100% yet no so sounds when my SSTV volume is at 100%.

11 hours ago, fommil said:

I love this mod. I never need to change the settings, can the icon be removed? I don't want to install a toolbar plugin to have it appear there, I just want to turn off the menu entry... even if it means editing a text config file.

Hi, noted. I will add settings to be able to choose where to show Chatterer's toolbar icon KSC/In flight/Map view/...

3 hours ago, Neoxon said:

Hi, I can't seem to get SSTV to work on 1.2.1. Every other thing is working such as chatters and beeps and ambient noise. But I could not however get SSTV to make a noise when transmitting science. I got the antenna and everything and it always said 100% yet no so sounds when my SSTV volume is at 100%.

Thanks for the report, I will have a look at it.

8 hours ago, dtoxic said:

@Athlonic 

Hi, i was looking trough settings and could not find the setting to change the sound when science is transmitted (if there is one )

if not, is there a way to change that sound? (Sorry to repeat my question, just in case you missed it)

Oups sorry yep, I missed it. 

As Phineas said, you can't change these sounds, it just picks up a SSTV randomly.

(So for now the only way to go if you want to change science transmission sound is to delete all SSTV files and put your sound file in SSTV folder)

3 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@dtoxic if you mean the SSTV sound then no, you cannot change that one. You could manually replace the file with a new one though.

3 hours ago, Athlonic said:

Oups sorry yep, I missed it. 

As Phineas said, you can't change these sounds, it just picks up a SSTV randomly.

(So for now the only way to go if you want to change science transmission sound is to delete all SSTV files and put your sound file in SSTV folder)

got it, thx for the info guys! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2016 at 11:01 AM, Athlonic said:

Hi, noted. I will add settings to be able to choose where to show Chatterer's toolbar icon KSC/In flight/Map view/...

Thanks for the report, I will have a look at it.

@Neoxon : SSTV sound while transmitting science is working for me (Chatterer v0.9.91, KSP Win x64 v1.2.1).

Edited by DomiKamu

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DMSP said:

@Athlonic Is there a way to make Kerbals speak on demand in this mod?

I can't seem to find anything in the last few pages (or first few) and I would love to use that in a cinematic I will make in a few month's time.

All the best!

There's an "Insta-chatter" feature already in the mod.  Load up a manned pod and open Chatterer settings.  There should be a way to set or change insta-chatter.

I just started using this and it's pretty nice.  Adds a lot of atmosphere (no pun intended) to space travel.

One suggestion: if CommNet is enabled, the voice chatter shouldn't play when the vessel has no comm link to Kerbin.  Let there be an eerie silence instead.  :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2016 at 2:23 AM, Jebs_SY said:

Is there a way to put it back into blizzys toolbar, yet?

Hey, sure just update the mod :

v0.9.92 [31 Dec 2016]

- Recompiled for KSP v1.2.2.1622
- Removed Linq reference (for good ><)
- Reimplemented Blizzy78's Toolbar support

:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.