[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

12 hours ago, Athlonic said:

Hey that would be cool for players still on 1.7, thanks a lot ;) 

Cool, here's what we have now, in case you spot anything awry:

Spoiler

Es0t2WO.png

You may not remember every version going back that far, but in case there are any memorable gotchas, there they are.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2020 at 6:15 PM, LittleBitMore said:

Say, how do you get these audio clips from Apollo sounds? What effects do you add on? I need to know so I can create more that sound less Kerbal and more human (for a game I'm making).

NASA released a ton of audio files from past missions. Shouldn't be too hard to find. Most Kerbal voice files are just reversed NASA sounds, anyway.

1 hour ago, symmeclept said:

NASA released a ton of audio files from past missions. Shouldn't be too hard to find. Most Kerbal voice files are just reversed NASA sounds, anyway.

I re-reversed multiple of them not too long ago, and none of them made sense. Were there any other effects used on the sounds?

@LittleBitMore Here you go, on the first post, credits section :

Audio :

Apollo 11 and STS-1 chatter created from audio found at the NASA Audio Archive. [usage Information]

Russian chatter created from audio recorded by Sven Grahn. [usage Information]

There are all original NASA audio files for you ;)

@Beetlecat Yes reversed Spanish was the original Kerbalish idea. (On which I miserably failed with my LaunchCountDown mod using Google Spanish translation :D  )

Then mostly were NASA/Russian reversed and high pitched with other tweaks one some to make them "sound" better.

2 hours ago, TuvLord said:

Hi guys

Is that normal that I don't see Chatter on CKAN since 1.9 ?

It may not be deliberately tagged as 1.9, but it likely works fine. Make sure your CKAN is set to allow all 1.8* mods. I honestly open mine up to 1.4 or so, since so many mods like contracts, etc. are just fine.  You just need to be careful with things that have DLLs. etc.

13 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

It may not be deliberately tagged as 1.9, but it likely works fine. Make sure your CKAN is set to allow all 1.8* mods. I honestly open mine up to 1.4 or so, since so many mods like contracts, etc. are just fine.  You just need to be careful with things that have DLLs. etc.

It doesn't work by doing that. Chatterer will complain on launch of KSP, and wont load.

I expect it's just a config file, but I don't know how to fix that, so as much as I miss hearing chatter, I'm waiting on an update.

Mods complaining on launch (apart from Kopernicus and maybe RealChute) aren't actually affecting anything specific, they're just utilizing AVC(addon version checker) to let the player know they're "out of date" based on their .version files.

The fact that it's not showing up/working in-game is another thing, but could be troubleshooted (troubleshot?) apart from a recompile. It for sure works in 1.8.1, but I've not dropped it into 1.9 yet.

Edited by Beetlecat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update for KSP 1.9.1 :

v0.9.99 [20 Mar 2020]
- Recompiled for KSP 1.9.1.2788
- Targeting Net 4.8
- Moved initialization of GameObject variables into Awake() function (Thanks to our linuxgurugamer <3 )
- Removed MiniAVC.dll (waiting for MiniAVC-2 update)

@无限三角洲 You can,

- make your audio files and put them in a folder in "\GameData\Chatterer\Sounds\chatter"

- enable advanced option in Chatterer settings

- go to Chatter tab, click on ChatterSets, type your folder name in the text box on the bottom and click Load

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to mute the wind sounds when you dive underwater? Another mod maybe? Working on submersible craft and the underwater wind sound kind of ruins it for me. Sorry if this was addressed earlier, I couldn't find any info earlier in this thread about it.

Is anyone else annoyed by that particular recording from chatter>russian>capsule>ST15_02.ogg ?

It's so distinctive and hence repetitive that I had to delete it. In fact, I'm starting to be annoyed by most ST15 recordings.

1 hour ago, Krzeszny said:

Is anyone else annoyed by that particular recording from chatter>russian>capsule>ST15_02.ogg ?

It's so distinctive and hence repetitive that I had to delete it. In fact, I'm starting to be annoyed by most ST15 recordings.

MirST15_01 is kinda annoying too.  I think all the ST15 clips are a little too loud, which is part of why it sounds like they're shouting.

Long ago I tried out Chatterer Extended, which adds lots more clips, so any individual clip is heard less often.  That helps.  But then I installed a Chatterer update and all the Extended stuff disappeared — I didn't investigate why, but presumably a config file got overwritten back to its default version or something.  I never got around to reconfiguring Chatterer with the extended sounds again (knowing that if I did, I'd probably just have to do it again after the next Chatterer update).

(Ever since then, I've wished Chatterer sound sets could be defined in the game's configuration database — like if Chatterer Extended could include a .cfg file with a bunch of CHATTERER_VOICES { } blocks or something, so the user wouldn't have to type in each directory name manually.)

3 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

Apology for the reference but it’s not meant to be funny. 
I actually turn some of them off because they really sound like a Hitler speech.. :/ 

21 hours ago, Jognt said:

Apology for the reference but it’s not meant to be funny. 
I actually turn some of them off because they really sound like a Hitler speech.. :/ 

I wanted to mention that ST15 sounds like a famous Kazi, but I couldn't decide between Kadolf Kerrman and Kitler Kerrman.

Edited by Krzeszny

19 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

I wanted to mention that ST15 sounds like a famous Kazi, but I couldn't decide between Kadolf Kerrman and Kitler Kerrman.

Not sure if I’m glad to know I’m not the only one! :D 
But yeah, accurate. ;) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/28/2020 at 6:20 PM, Dexter9313 said:

Edit: Sorry didn't read the Changelog

Any plans on reintagrating Remotetech support ?

Hey, sorry have missed your post.
I don't use Remotetech anymore, but if they still manage connections via the in-game events it should work with Chatterer right out of the box.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Athlonic -- I just added a comment to the github issue about chatter happening without a commnet connection.

I don't have a dev environment set up yet for KSP mod compiling but this is a good excuse to do so and send you a PR. If not, I left notes about what I think is(n't) happening. Thanks!

[edit]

Okay! After fiddling around with connecting/disconnecting commnet in a craft around Mun--and switching the debug messages on-- are we just hearing one side (the local side) of the conversations, even though there is no active CommNet connection, and the Chatterer icon is red/out of connection?

Granted, I would 100% talk to myself if any of the situations I've put my Kerbals in, regardless of whether or not someone could hear me or respond.

Myth: Busted?

Edited by Beetlecat

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.