[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

7 hours ago, protonv said:

anyone know if this still work with 1.10?

Its very likely that it does considering that most mods from even 1.8 still work in 1.10. I suggest installing it and seeing. When in doubt, try it out!

I have used this mod for a while and it is great, so I decided to incorporate the realclips for it, however, it worked for a while and when I needed to revert the flight back to launch, the chatterer mod suddenly stopped working and the microphone icon dissappeared.

I have tried to restart the game and start a new flight, but it's still not there.

Now I don't know whether this is a problem with the actual mod itself or the realclips mod?

Any help appreciated.

Edited by Joe.L

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, eightiesboi said:

Are you having problems? If so, tell us what problems you're having, link to your logs, and there are people here who will try to help you.

I can install it fine, & the button is there in game, but it shows as a blank button. When you press it it shows all the options, but no matter how you set them, none of the sounds ever play. Looks like its not really compatible yet with 1.10. I hope it gets updated soon, as stock KSP is waaaaay too quiet.

39 minutes ago, RX2000 said:

I can install it fine, & the button is there in game, but it shows as a blank button. When you press it it shows all the options, but no matter how you set them, none of the sounds ever play. Looks like its not really compatible yet with 1.10. I hope it gets updated soon, as stock KSP is waaaaay too quiet.

I am using Chatterer and Chatterer Extended without problems in 1.10.1. It may not be working in your game at the moment, but I can assure you it does work. I am happy to help you figure out what's going on, but again, logs. :)

On 11/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, RX2000 said:

Working without issues for me too, with KSP 1.10.1 and both Breaking Ground and Making History.

• 3 weeks later...

In case it helps: this mod seems to work OK for me in KSP 1.11

I've briefly tested it, with the following list of things installed:

KSP 1.11.0.3045 win x64 (Steam)
Making History 1.11.0
Breaking Ground 1.6.0

Chatterer v0.9.99 - Keep talking!
Click Through Blocker 0.1.10.14
Docking Sounds!! 2.1.12.xxx
E.V.E. Redux 1.11.1.1 (from blackrack) + Configs-1.2.2.1 (from WazWaz)
Final Frontier 1.10.0-3485 + KerbFleet Custom Ribbons 1.2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.13.0.0
Module Manager 4.1.4
PlanetShine v0.2.6.2 Oct 19, 2019
Rover Wheel Sounds (Revived) v1.8.1.11.20.19 (from DoctorDavinci, .dll overwritten with the one from MAFman)
Scatterer - atmospheric scattering 0.0722
Texture Replacer 4.3
ToolbarController 0.1.9.4
[x] Science! v5.26

The only detail I would mention is that, if played in 4k resolution (3804 x 2160), the UI for this mod is too tiny to see comfortably. It would be great if it could be scaled (maybe just the same as the UI Scale option from stock settings?). At any rate, thank you very much to the developer(s) of this mod!

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, NickelBomber said:

The audio clip that happens when you lose signal can get rather annoying if you are time warping in and out of signal areas multiple times a second, is there any way to disable that specific audio clip?

It's in GameData/Chatterer/Sounds/chatter/voidnoise.ogg. I replaced it with quindar_02.ogg from the same directory. I'm not sure what happens if you just delete it but you could also replace it with just some silence, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 10:10 PM, HansAcker said:

It's in GameData/Chatterer/Sounds/chatter/voidnoise.ogg. I replaced it with quindar_02.ogg from the same directory. I'm not sure what happens if you just delete it but you could also replace it with just some silence, I guess.

Ooh. similar issue - when you are transmitting data, and you run out of battery, every time it restarts, it plays a loud obnoxious sound. Same one?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My favorite feature of Chatterer is the breathing sound while on EVA. It sounds normal while in atmosphere, but in space the breathing sound... changes? It becomes more muffled to the point of being barely audible even if I crank my volume. Is this a setting I can change somewhere or is this a bug?

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

My favorite feature of Chatterer is the breathing sound while on EVA. It sounds normal while in atmosphere, but in space the breathing sound... changes? It becomes more muffled to the point of being barely audible even if I crank my volume. Is this a setting I can change somewhere or is this a bug?

Are you using any other audio muffling mods, such as Audio Muffler or Rocket Sound Enhancement?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.