[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

I think there would be no problem here regarding DM minions speech.

There are tons of youtube DM minions "best of" video collection, and they don't seem to pose problem.

So go on and make your minion's audio set, just mention "All audio rights owned by NBC Universal" and keep it free.

Seriously if you have to fear the law or to deal with copyrights for any "fart" noise you pick here and there, I quit modding right now... :/

I dunno, the internet lawyers seem to think its a crime punishable by death.

Oh, sorry, I'm not a lawyer.

I am the author of several valuable published works (print, software, audio and video), owner of a lot of IP, the producer who has had to obtain rights to include other people's property in many more works and, as it happens, a magistrate which, if you're not in the UK, is best understood as 'judge'.

Theft is a crime. Your move.

I am the author of several valuable published works (print, software, audio and video), owner of a lot of IP, the producer who has had to obtain rights to include other people's property in many more works and, as it happens, a magistrate which, if you're not in the UK, is best understood as 'judge'.

Theft is a crime. Your move.

That is an impressive list of accomplishments. Well done.

In any case, I still think it would be pretty amusing to have the kerbals talk like the minions. I defer to your knowledge of the courts on this matter, so if I create any such audio pack I'll keep it to myself. The world is a much safer place now that this heinous crime has been averted.

I am the author of several valuable published works (print, software, audio and video), owner of a lot of IP, ...

Oh ok, this explain why you are so serious about copyrights thingies.

It also explain the awesomeness of your "Exploring The System" tutorial, some of my Kerbal definitely owe you their lives ;)

..., so if I create any such audio pack I'll keep it to myself. ...

Just don't forget to PM me a link, in case you do it, or I will pursue you for "failure to assist a community in need of mods" :mad:

:D

Yes it would be fun to have the minions and other voices. It's unlikely the copyright owners would do anything about it even if they minded and even if they knew ;-0 At least trying to do it the legal way isn't that hard though.

(Hint: a letter to them will almost certainly be ignored, since there's nothing in it for them and too much work to answer. If it includes something like "unless you say otherwise, I'll assume this is OK" you can at least show that you asked, and had grounds to believe it was allowed. It's very cheeky and you won't fool anyone, but it's probably good enough to put responsibility for saying 'no' back on the company).

Hello!

I wanted to invite you Athlonic to a discussion on a mod list I'm testing. Let me know in that thread if you would be interested in helping test other listed mods with yours, or if you already have.

Inigma's KSP Essentials Mod List

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94353-WIP-Inigma-s-KSP-Essentials-Mod-List-%28in-Testing%29

I was wondering if there was any way to get chatter on unmanned missions, not just beeps and SSTV.

I think that the chatter adds a lot to the atmosphere and I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be any on unmanned probes. I know that it's supposed to be communication from the crew to mission control, but for the unmanned probes we can just say that it is chatter amongst mission control.

Great mod, by the way.:D It's just this one detail that bugs me.

:D

Sorry but this is not gonna happen, probes doesn't speak nor understand Kerbalish.

Probes only use binary language, sending them some life form spoken language may trigger the Space Kraken or made them explode instantly.

In the best scenario they could still survive but may league together with the only goal of terminating their incomprehensible creators...

And you don't want that, don't you ?

^^

anyway to change the sound to something else like a recording saying mayday over and over?

Not sure I get what you mean ?

Mayday loop ?

I think putting a "Mayday" sound file and replace/rename it with any beep sound and make it loop should do the trick.

Chatterer always crashes the game on startup for me, on Linux. :'(

I've mentioned that before, in the previous thread, but.. any chance you could take a look? I still have no idea why it's broken.

This one ? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25367-0-24-Chatterer-v-0-5-9-4?p=1134650&viewfull=1#post1134650

Sorry I don't have any Linux experience maybe someone who have might help here ?

Does Linux file management differ from Windows ?

Hey Athlonic, where can I find the old, sane breathing sound? The new one is... well... just no.

The oldest KS version already has it :/

Seriously ? ^^

Well taste & colors, here you go : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvp3wsh8kxrjkcf/breathing.ogg?dl=0

Just copy/pasta in 'Chatterer\Sounds\AAE\effect'

I think I will put a "breathing Human/Kerbal toggle" option in next update ;)

Seriously ? ^^

Well taste & colors, here you go : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvp3wsh8kxrjkcf/breathing.ogg?dl=0

Just copy/pasta in 'Chatterer\Sounds\AAE\effect'

I think I will put a "breathing Human/Kerbal toggle" option in next update ;)

Thanks! In fact, I've been overwriting it in every update since you included it ^^

The problem is not the pitch, it's the distortion: it sounds metallic and broken. So broken, in fact, that the first time I heard it I actually thought it was a bug with some mod :P

The toggle would be most appreciated :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.