[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

Seriously ? ^^

Well taste & colors, here you go : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvp3wsh8kxrjkcf/breathing.ogg?dl=0

Just copy/pasta in 'Chatterer\Sounds\AAE\effect'

I think I will put a "breathing Human/Kerbal toggle" option in next update ;)

Put a randomised sotto voce giggle in there without telling anyone

Space madnessssssss

I got this weird bug right after I put this in, it seems to be connected with Kethane mod, I am Kethane-0.9.2.

After I put Chatterer in and it appears in the stock toolbar, this is what happens. I go to launch a ship, Look on top right. I can enable Blizzy toolbar option, but for the error to go away I have to completely back out of save game and come back in. After this point it works fine.

screenshot1_zps499b33fc.png

Here is picture after I back out of save after enabling Blizzy Toolbar:

screenshot0_zps1802d4c0.png

When I disable Blizzy Toolbar and it goes back to stock tool bar it does it again. It appears in all the scenes as you can see here.

screenshot2_zps25cd8ce2.png

This is my mod list so far:

=Parts=

- KAS_0.4.9
- Kethane-0.9.2
- LH_CircularPanel_v4.0
- RemoteTech_2-1.5.0
- SCANsat.v8
- US_Core_0.9.0.241
- US_KAS_0.9.0.141
- US_IFI_0.9.0.511
- Zero_Point_Inline_Fairings-0.6

=Tools=

- EngineerRedux-0.6.2.11
- HyperEdit-1.2.4.2_for-KSP-0.21.1+
- Toolbar-1.7.6
- PartCatalog3.0_RC8
- MechJeb2-2.3.1.0-336

=Realism=

- Chatterer-0.7.1
- EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-7-4
- IFILifesupportPlugin111
- Neophytes_Elementary_Aerodynamics_Replacement-v1.2.1
- RasterPropMonitor.0.18.3
- RealChute v1.2.5.2
- TextureReplacer-1.7.1

=Science=

- DMagic_Orbital_Science_V0_8_6
- StationScience-1.3

=Funds & Career=

- Contract_Window-2.0
- Fine_Print-0.59

=Plugins=

-

=Optional=

- Bulb-1.1
- KSP-0.24-NavballChanger-v.1.3
- ModuleManager.2.5.1

=IVA Cockpit=

- SH-MK2Cockpit_1.0.24
- TTMK3cockpitinternal-v1.3

***A few of my own custom parts

Here is my logs:

http://www./download/ae6w01eeegl0mca/Raven_Logs.zip

I don't know if its related to your mod or Kethane. I was getting this error before I put Blizzy Toolbar, I put Blizzy Toolbar to see if I could make it go away.

Well hope this helps.

Seriously ? ^^

Well taste & colors, here you go : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvp3wsh8kxrjkcf/breathing.ogg?dl=0

Just copy/pasta in 'Chatterer\Sounds\AAE\effect'

I think I will put a "breathing Human/Kerbal toggle" option in next update ;)

Oh thank you for this. I don't like default breath sound, it sound like robot or predator:P .Fortunate I can turn it off.

Edited by protonv

I got this weird bug right after I put this in, it seems to be connected with Kethane mod, I am Kethane-0.9.2.

After I put Chatterer in and it appears in the stock toolbar, this is what happens. I go to launch a ship, Look on top right. I can enable Blizzy toolbar option, but for the error to go away I have to completely back out of save game and come back in. After this point it works fine.

Well hope this helps.

Thanks for your report.

By looking at your log files I think I get where the issue comes from, Chatterer button may try to be initialized before ApplicationLauncher's readiness.

I will implement a additional "ready" check in the next version, hopefully it will fix this.

I found an issue with Chatterer 0.7.1 on KSP 0.25 (Linux, 64 bit) where selecting a different skin for its windows will work fine until restarting the game. After that KSP.log will be spammed with

[EXC 14:35:42.006] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.GUISkin].get_Item (Int32 index)
Chatterer.chatterer.draw_GUI ()
RenderingManager.OnGUI ()

and a lot of dialogs won't show while flying a mission, including stock things like the science pop-ups. I was able to fix it by setting

skin_index = 1

in GameData/Chatterer/Plugins/PluginData/Chatterer/plugin.cfg

Thanks for your report.

By looking at your log files I think I get where the issue comes from, Chatterer button may try to be initialized before ApplicationLauncher's readiness.

I will implement a additional "ready" check in the next version, hopefully it will fix this.

@Athlonic it appears that bug is related to Kethane mod. I removed Chatterer and the problem is still there, I also went over to Kethane forums thread and there are some issues I have.

@ Kshade

That is interesting, does it happen with every skin or only some of them ?

Also if you set "skin_index = 0" does it fix the problem as well ?

@ Therealcrow999

Yep I saw this in the Kethane thread, I had this issue once but was unable to reproduce it then after.

Is it possibly to use this Version in 24.2 ?:confused:

Don't know.

As long as you don't use the latest RemoteTech (no more called RT2) you better stay with Chatterer v0.7.0, as there are no new features beside this, just to be on the safe side ;)

@ Kerbart : You are welcome, thanks ;)

Don't know.

As long as you don't use the latest RemoteTech (no more called RT2) you better stay with Chatterer v0.7.0, as there are no new features beside this, just to be on the safe side ;)

@ Kerbart : You are welcome, thanks ;)

Is there a download link for v0.7.0 ? I just need to play on .24.2 til my mods get updated ;)

hey i play msp on mac. I downloaded chatterer, install it but it will not sound please help!!!;.;

Sorry to hear that, I have no clue on how Mr Apple decided to manage his file system, maybe someone could help with OSx coding here ?

@ Gabbelexus003, Galileo Kerbonaut : You are welcome guys ;)

• 2 weeks later...
NASA just released a bunch more audio clips on their soundcloud page. It'd be great to see some of these Kerbalized and added into the mod. Been using Chatterer for so long I pretty much have all the sound bytes memorized.

Oh yes, very nice stuff here ...

Just in time, because I was thinking about to enhance the chatter<>game events behaviour in a way to be less "random" ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, firstly much thanks for providing this awesome mod.

I'm having a weird issue where many of the windows don't show up( for this and some other mods, including science reports too).

I don't know if this general or specific so I posted on modded support, however checking on KSP.log I've found a lot spamming:

[EXC 23:32:09.484] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
[EXC 23:32:09.485] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
[EXC 23:32:09.535] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
[EXC 23:32:09.536] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

This goes on pretty much all the flight time, this could be causing some lag and maybe preventing other windows of showing up?

Any ideas what this means? Cheers

@Gfurst : Sorry I can't reproduce this issue here. Did you try to set another UI skin to see if the problem persist ?

Is it normal to continue hearing kerbals speeching even when I don't have a Remote Tech connection (only on manned missions)?

Chatterer and Remote Tech are latest version.

KSP 0.25 32 bit on win 64 bit.

Yep sometimes Kerbal will try to chatter even if there is no connection (red icon), however you should not hear any capcom's answers (blue icon) but only capsule emissions (green icon). ;)

Ok this is my first mod and its not working. Its not playing and beeps or chatter. I get the menus. does it have to be a new game and not a saved one? When I reloaded the game at first it didn't show a "chatter" button in the GUI. Its the STEAM .25 version on WIN 7.

Any ideas? Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.