[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

Really fast response time. Norton said this.

In relation to submission 58042.

Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and, as such, the detection(s) for the following file(s) will be removed from our products:

File name: Chatterer.dll
    MD5: bf3468bde95dfa9a02cca2beaaaeaa14
    SHA256: 2c891309e378b3d83989d98cb111296c8a87f72c9d2ae021200d4445a9c8b844
    Note: Whitelisting may take up to 24 hours to take effect via Live Update

If detection persists, please contact support:

Decisions made by Symantec are subject to change if alterations to the Software are made over time or as classification criteria and/or the policy employed by Symantec changes over time to address the evolving landscape.

For more information on best practices to reduce false positives:

Sincerely,
Symantec Security Response

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 9:36 AM, kubilajiao said:

Thanks a lot!

In the same vein, although there's probably a response to this exact question buried in this thread somewhere, is there somewhere I can just find the standard Chatterer lines of Kerbal-speak in audio file format? Just wondering for a project I'm working on. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Solo_Wing__Pixy said:

In the same vein, although there's probably a response to this exact question buried in this thread somewhere, is there somewhere I can just find the standard Chatterer lines of Kerbal-speak in audio file format? Just wondering for a project I'm working on. Thanks!

All the chatterer sound clips are in the GameData/Chatterer/Sounds/chatter folder in OGG format.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thanks a lot for your mod.

I just did a fresh install and had a popping sound every few seconds and found out that your wind sound creates this when it goes on a loop. I did a research (I was completely ignorant to the subject) and found out that the sound waves of the audio file needed to aligned at the start and end so it doesn't make this crackling/popping sound. I fixed it for you in Audacity and uploaded it in case you want to compare and maybe use it on your next version.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=05435867713555609542

Edited by meuqsaco

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to find which one of the 'beeps' is the classic beep. The one that goes off usually right before or after some chatter. Do I need to download a different pack, or will picking one of your beeps and changing the pitch work?

Suggestions for pitch setting and which beep to use to get that classic *beeep* sound?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I made a bunch of new stuff for Chatterer including some male and female voices, ship background sounds, lots of computer beeps and sequences.
I have overwritten the SSTV sounds with some more varied ones but have not touched any of the other default sounds; this simply adds more.

All thanks go to Athlonic. *Waves at Athlonic* yes it's me again.

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ammuiz9a51rt2sa/MoonwebSounds.zip?dl=0

Edited by Stephanie the Viking

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2018 at 8:07 PM, Stephanie the Viking said:

You are welcome. Some of them are a bit Heavy (my collection definitely adds an element of creepy to the affair, plus some of the sounds are quite distorted) so of course you can remove any that you do not like.

Are you using this with 1.4?

On 3/9/2018 at 1:33 AM, viperwolf said:

Are you using this with 1.4?

Sooo.. This might be out of line since the question was already asked by viperwolf but how is it going for chatterer with 1.4? It is awefully quite in my game and it's one of the mods I miss the most :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.