[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

Nevermind ...

Why modding at home when you can do it from work (don't tell my boss)

Update out :

v0.9.94 [12 Mar 2018]
- Recompiled for KSP v1.4.0.2077
- Fixed reverb_filter deprecated function roomRolloff preventing plugin execution in KSP v1.4

:wink:

There's not a lot of chatter. A little bit after an EVA (or ending one) but that's about it (using default settings). After an EVA the debug window shows "initiating chatter" (or something along those lines) and then nothing.

52 minutes ago, MikeO89 said:

If I'm going to stay with 1.3.1 for awhile, should I not install this latest update (for 1.4)?

The previous version worked better for me in 1.3.1 than the new version does in 1.4; that’s all I can say.

11 hours ago, Kerbart said:

There's not a lot of chatter. A little bit after an EVA (or ending one) but that's about it (using default settings). After an EVA the debug window shows "initiating chatter" (or something along those lines) and then nothing.

Yep, thanks for pointing this out.

I can reproduce the issue : chatter exchanges stop working for some reason (until EVA or vessel swap), no clue for now. I will have a look at this.

2 hours ago, Athlonic said:

Yep, thanks for pointing this out.

I can reproduce the issue : chatter exchanges stop working for some reason (until EVA or vessel swap), no clue for now. I will have a look at this.

I read somewhere about a thunderous speech Gene Kerman held in the Austronaut Center about “professional work attitude” and “com lines are for mission updates, not idle banter,” perhaps that’s what’s caused it?

Take your time, your mod is greatly appreciated, but it should be a hobby and not an obligation!

Hi I just love Chatterer, it's one of my favorite mods. :-) Though I'm trying to use it with CKAN, and the version file might need some adjusting. I could be wrong but I don't think version .94 works with KSP 1.3.1 or earlier. Though the version file says it does:

{
	"NAME":"Chatterer",
	"URL":"http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=27",
	"VERSION":
	{
		"MAJOR":0,
		"MINOR":9,
		"PATCH":94,
		"BUILD":2077
	},
	"KSP_VERSION":
	{
		"MAJOR":1,
		"MINOR":4,
		"PATCH":0
	},
	"KSP_VERSION_MIN":
    {
        "MINOR":3,
    },
	"KSP_VERSION_MAX":
    {
        "PATCH":99
    },

This means that CKAN will pick the wrong version for 1.3.1.

Thanks checking it out. Oh if there is a bug tracker that you would rather I use, please let me know.  :-)

Karn

Hey guys i tried to install chatterer, to my new ksp copy (1.4.1), via ckan ,but windows defender block the Chatterer.dll. Any of you have any idea why this happens? Why windows defender recognize this dll as a threat?

6migi6N.png

Huh ? That's new.

Just did a scan with Defender on my original .dll and nothing.

Hold on will try to grab via CKAN as well...

Edit : No threat here, I am afraid the dll should have been infected on your machine after the download, do I full scan to be safe.

PS : also avoid to install your KSP in the Program Files folder as Windows protection might prevent some mods from working correctly.

Edited by Athlonic

On 16/03/2018 at 3:20 AM, Karn said:

Hi I just love Chatterer, it's one of my favorite mods. :-) Though I'm trying to use it with CKAN, and the version file might need some adjusting. I could be wrong but I don't think version .94 works with KSP 1.3.1 or earlier. Though the version file says it does:

{
	"NAME":"Chatterer",
	"URL":"http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=27",
	"VERSION":
	{
		"MAJOR":0,
		"MINOR":9,
		"PATCH":94,
		"BUILD":2077
	},
	"KSP_VERSION":
	{
	},
	"KSP_VERSION_MIN":
    {
        "MINOR":3,
    },
	"KSP_VERSION_MAX":
    {
        "PATCH":99
    },

This means that CKAN will pick the wrong version for 1.3.1.

Thanks checking it out. Oh if there is a bug tracker that you would rather I use, please let me know.  :-)

Karn

Nice catch Karn ! thanks a lot

I changed the AVC online version file accordingly.

CKAN seems to pick the old version for 1.3.1 now (not sure if someone fixed the metadata or if my change did it though ^^ ) as v0.94 isn't working with KSP 1.4, 1.4.1 at all (I should have checked this, #mybad)

8 hours ago, obrelix said:

Hey guys i tried to install chatterer, to my new ksp copy (1.4.1), via ckan ,but windows defender block the Chatterer.dll. Any of you have any idea why this happens? Why windows defender recognize this dll as a threat?

I'm reproducing the same, Windows Defender identifying both the preexisting DLL and new download from Spacedock as Trojan:Win32/Critet.BS.

1 hour ago, Athlonic said:

Interesting ...

I reported this same false-positive in the MechJeb thread, as it's affecting that .dll as well. When I discovered this morning that MJ wasn't working, I started digging through my KSP Game Data folder and sure enough, chatterer.dll had been removed too. I manually updated my Windows Defender definitions this afternoon and while Microsoft's definitions file has been updated just since this morning, both MechJeb2.dll and Chatterer.dll are still being flagged as infected files. 

Well, same here:

Trojan:Win32/Critet.BS

file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\Chatterer.dll

Soooo....do I trust that these files are safe, or did this get compiled with an infected dependency?  I'm going to err on the side of caution for this one.  Pity, as everything feels eerily quiet now.

2 hours ago, macr0t0r said:

Well, same here:

Trojan:Win32/Critet.BS

file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\Chatterer.dll

Soooo....do I trust that these files are safe, or did this get compiled with an infected dependency?  I'm going to err on the side of caution for this one.  Pity, as everything feels eerily quiet now.

It's a false-positive hit from Defender. I even manually uploaded the file to Microsoft's Windows Defender security page and it was scanned as safe, but the latest downloadable malware definitions file as of this evening STILL marked it as it as infected, along with the MechJeb2.dll file and ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll. 

On 3/12/2018 at 8:46 PM, Kerbart said:

Interestingly this seemed a 1.4.0 bug; in 1.4.1 Chatter seems to work just fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.