[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Curious--- the "show advanced options" feature doesn't seem to do so any longer. I'm trying to load up the Chatterer Extended sound bits, but I can't open up the panel to add the additional folders. No errors are showing up in the console, and switching debug on doesn't display anything when switching "show advanced..." on or off.

[EDIT] NVM -- I somehow wasn't in a scene/setting that had the "chatter" panel available, therefore I couldn't add/edit sound packs.

Edited by Beetlecat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 3:06 AM, mr. engino said:

I have finally released the addon I made for this mod! Go check it out!

For those that like some variety, I've tested and found that you can add these rather than simply replace the existing files and it'll just pick one at random. I like the warbles, but I also like the Morse code, so this is good for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 8:42 PM, sackdude85 said:

how does it open?

When in Flight Mode, a microphone icon should appear in the default toolbar, it'll be either black (no sounds being played by the mod) or green (sounds are being played by the mod). If you have Kerbals on your ship then they should automatically start chatting away, you can adjust the soundpacks they use and the frequency of their chatter by clicking on the microphone icon. If you don't have any Kerbals on your ship, then try to send some Science back to Mission Control; you should hear radio noises.

If none of those work, then you may not have installed it properly. Please follow the guidelines in the pinned post "How to get support":

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

KSP: 1.4.5.2243  64-bit

Problem: Chatter disappears, chatter button disappears.  Beeps remain unaffected.

Mods installed:

All of them.

Reproduction steps:

If initially working, the chatter will certainly stop after a quicksave / quickload.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37kqpjyh864b0yl/KSP Chatterer Error.log?dl=0

@Athlonic

Edited by Tazarak the Brutal

• 3 weeks later...

Dangit you guys! This was supposed to be an easy post, just to post logs and details for the mod author! Not a stupid argue fest...

I just wanted to re-post after I tried something else. I had KSP installed on another 1TB hard drive in my pc. I uninstalled completely using steam . Then reinstalled onto my local SSD.  Opened up KSP, ran  then closed. Opened up ckan for the first time in this install. Installed latest Astronomer's Visual Pack and all of the corresponding  mods that are are required by avp. It worked. So either a fresh install  worked or you guys updated this in that short time of reinstalling. lol Either way it works for me now!  Thanks again for all the posters who can respond with some decency. 

Thanks to the the author as well for for your hard work and taking time to come here and respond to us!

Hello again, 

Last night i did the above quoted statement. Chatterer started working for me as well.

I'm not sure what was going on. I tried repairing, uninstalling/reinstalling ckan and all the mods multiple times with no luck. Also verified integrity of KSP multiple times with no luck. It IS working now so thank you for your time and your reply! 

• 4 weeks later...

Something I wondered about how the sound files are used.  I love Chatterer and installed all of the other Chatterer sound packs I could find. (ie Apollo 10,11,12,17, Russian, Shuttle Missions etc.) But I wondered about the memory impact of all the extra sound packs.

Are they all loaded into memory during the loading process when the game is started up? Or does the mod/game simply load pointers/links to the files on the hard drive. 

If its loading all the files into memory, maybe having almost 800 audio clips might not be necessary. ;) But if its only loading pointers to the file and not loading them then having so many should not be a problem.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Chris Solomon said:

KSP 1.6 and ckan is flagging chatterer 0.9.96 mod as incompatible. any info on a updated version?

First, Don't do that.... 

Practical the #1 rule in the Add-on category, is Dont poke the bears... in other words ... dont pester the mod creators for updates.

1.6 has only been out for about 4 days. Give the mod makers time to enjoy the holidays, and then wait until the mod creator has been inactive for at least 3-6 months before asking if someone can do anything.

Second, Chatterer is not a mod that is usually effected by version changes. Have you tried it?

Just set CKAN to allow 1.5.1 (or 1.5) as a compatible version. This will let CKAN install the mod. Install it and try it. I suspect it will work.

Just don't forget to delete the check, setting 1.5.1 (or 1.5) as compatible when you finish installing it, until you want to try to see if another favorite 1.5.1 mod is still working in 1.6.

Third, I would test it myself as Chatterer is one of my favorite mods, but I have not even downloaded 1.6 yet. I am sticking to 1.5.1 for my game play for at least a couple months just to allow my favorite mods time to be updated. (running about 110+ mods)

Edited by BlackHat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.