[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

Is this blzzy's toolbar/default toolbar thing fixed - i'm at work now but i don't remember this working during my play-through this morning, can someone confirm? Thanks

Yep it is fixed in v0.6.2 ;)

v0.6.3 is just about to get live also.

Oh nice, performance updates are always welcome :)

I have to say that Chatterer adds a LOT to the ambiance of the game, a lot more than I ever thought it would. I won't play without it now.

Thanks, Athlonic!

You are welcome ;)

Hey man, great mod, cant use KSP now without it. A problem has come up for me recently though. all the sounds work fine except for when I go to EVA. the breathing now sounds high pitched and robotic, any idea whats causing this?

This is no bug, it is a feature :P

I updated the breathing sound for a more confined and Kerbalistic experience. ;)

Also, v0.6.3 released

Changelog :

v0.6.3: [03 Sep 2014]

- fixed and restored "Mute" function

- added KSP application launcher button behaviours :

* green = transmit (TX)

* blue = receive (RX)

* white = SSTV / Beep (flashing)

* grey = idle (online)

* grey/red = muted

* red = disabled (offline) (for later use with RT2)

- code cleaning and optimizations

rQDc8Jj.png

Is there a way to add custom audio to this mod?

I tried to look for a guide or something but didn't find anything...

Yes you can.

I will write a little "how to" on the first post, soon.

Aaaaand also :

v0.6.4 released :

v0.6.4: [04 Sep 2014]

- fixed Airlock sound playing when switching vessel to/from EVAed Kerbal (Finally !)

- removed warning msg in log about "soundscape" folder missing if not

installed (was a safe warning anyway)

;)

Changelog :

v0.7.0: [06 Sep 2014]

- Added RemoteTech2 integration (thanks to Cilph)

* signal delay is added to chatter response delay

* signal loss will disable chatter capcom's responses, beeps and SSTV transmissions

- fixed warning msg in log about custom filters (on Awake)

HNXCi5ql.jpg

Thanks a lot to Cilph who greatly helped with RT2 API hook. ;)

Edited by Athlonic

Is there a way to add custom audio to this mod?

I tried to look for a guide or something but didn't find anything...

You'll need an audio program like Audacity / Goldwave etc. which can edit and convert wave forms from .wav to .ogg

The program will let you edit the wave after recording in a multitude of ways.

To record sounds that play on a Windows OS you need to activate the Stereo Mix recording device on your PC, by opening Sound

(Control Panel \ Sound, or right click the speaker icon in the taskbar)

Go to Recording, right click in empty space and Show Disabled Devices, Show Disconnected Devices. Stereo Mixer should appear*. Set it as the default device and then go to Volume Mixer (right click the speaker icon in the taskbar) and turn Stereo Mix volume to zero so that it accepts input but does not output (or you'll get an insane internal feedback loop as it captures and also plays itself exponentially and sends the result to your speakers).

Now you can open your audio program, set the capture device as the Stereo Mix, press record and then play anything you want on your PC. The Stereo Mixer will capture the sound, and the audio program will write it. This is where you get to snip, merge, mutate and otherwise butcher whatever you recorded so that it sounds like kerbals in space, or indeed whatever you need it to be. It is a good idea to convert the waveforms to some other format because .wav files are the audio equivalent of bitmaps and can grow to be exceedingly large; though of course they are a lossless format and retain their full clarity.

*If the Stereo Mixer does not appear after enabling view of all devices then as far as I know it is not available. Many modern sound devices do have this feature, though as an advanced feature it is disabled and disconnected by default.

** Not many people know of this trick. You're welcome ;-)

I accept no responsibility for the misuse of this technique.

Edited by Stephanie the Viking

Can I do something to change this? The new breathing sound is hurting my ears and I don't want to be without it

Sure, here is the old "human style" breathing sound file just copy/overwrite in '..\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Sounds\AAE\effect' folder

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e51jqgy17m2vtuq/AAAOZlcJbLwqlAIkc0dco8Lea?dl=0

For us that had texture replacer with female kerbals can u make an optional female kerbal voice?

Female Kerbal ??? What the ... ? Where, how come, when ? ^^

I feel like it would be fantastic if someone made a sound pack for this with sound bites from the minions in despicable me.

Off you go then. Do remember to get a copyright licence from Universal Pictures first. If you don't it will be theft, posting it will be distributing stolen goods and downloading it will be receiving stolen goods.

Off you go then. Do remember to get a copyright licence from Universal Pictures first. If you don't it will be theft, posting it will be distributing stolen goods and downloading it will be receiving stolen goods.

I seem to be missing a stick. Could you check your rectal area?

You take yourself very seriously for someone inciting others to crime ;-0

Yes, and I'm sure the lord of the rings mod for minecraft went and got a personal 'Okay' from peter jackson eh?

In any case, I'm fairly sure this would fall under fair use as a parody. Even if it were not, I highly doubt Universal Pictures would chase after a fan for using a few sounds.

I doubt UP would bother to prosecute either, but that doesn't make it legal. Whether or not a fair use defence would stand is therefore moot, in the proper sense of the word. Many more serious crimes are allowed to 'remain on file' because they aren't worth the court's time and effort but that doesn't make them right.

More usefully; many big companies - most that deal in public performance/display - have a section that deals in reproduction, distribution and rights so they're the people to contact. Should anyone want to contact a company that doesn't then the best people to talk to are marketing; they have an interest in 'spreading the word'. Never speak to sales; their interest is in selling you things ^^.

Using copyrighted material without the consensus of the other party would make it illegal yes, but you wouldn't be prosecuted for it.

On the other hand, you would be banned from this forum and you would risk chattered be banned too. Now we wouldn't like that to happen would we?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.