[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

This is just an awesome idea and it fits perfectly with my plan to reduce the random chatter in favor of a more logical connection with game's events.

re: this and it might already be suggested.

How about beeps signalling data transmission beginning and ending, or for the truly masochistic modem squeal during the entire transmission.

Hey there and first thank everyone for Chatterer as it is one of the first mod's I installed and have used since day 1 in KSP.

Speaking of such, being a KSP newbie [my first week in game], I wanted to post something here about the volume's in game. Specifically the bg volumes at times. They don't seem to want to respond to my volume slider settings. Even at a 0% setting they are seemingly nearly always 20% and at times on VOIP or Teamspeak it's hard to not mute KSP for the short term while chatting.

Not sure if it's me, my settings or what and wanted to see if anyone might have a suggestion. If this is in error and there is a common remedy please point me to the nearest thread/post as I was unable to find anything searching several ways.

Thanks!

~Icky

Love this mod! Really adds a lot of atmosphere to the game.

Would it be possible to add RCS thruster bursts to the EVA sounds? Maybe at 1/4 level of "normal" rcs bursts level?

I know this is feature creep, low monoprob alarms as well for RCS would be killer? Just use kerb-speak, so if EVA RCS is < 10%, blah kablala, if EVA RCS is < 5%, BLAH CABLALA CABLALA (with a setting for the warning levels). Thanks!

re: this and it might already be suggested.

How about beeps signalling data transmission beginning and ending, or for the truly masochistic modem squeal during the entire transmission.

I definitely plan to add an (optional) SSTV sound when transmitting data, it seems there isn't a "transmitting data" gameevent state in code for now, so I have to find another way to deal with this.

Hey there and first thank everyone for Chatterer as it is one of the first mod's I installed and have used since day 1 in KSP.

Speaking of such, being a KSP newbie [my first week in game], I wanted to post something here about the volume's in game. Specifically the bg volumes at times. They don't seem to want to respond to my volume slider settings. Even at a 0% setting they are seemingly nearly always 20% and at times on VOIP or Teamspeak it's hard to not mute KSP for the short term while chatting.

Not sure if it's me, my settings or what and wanted to see if anyone might have a suggestion. If this is in error and there is a common remedy please point me to the nearest thread/post as I was unable to find anything searching several ways.

Thanks!

~Icky

I will try to reproduce this issue, thanks for the report.

Love this mod! Really adds a lot of atmosphere to the game.

Would it be possible to add RCS thruster bursts to the EVA sounds? Maybe at 1/4 level of "normal" rcs bursts level?

I know this is feature creep, low monoprob alarms as well for RCS would be killer? Just use kerb-speak, so if EVA RCS is < 10%, blah kablala, if EVA RCS is < 5%, BLAH CABLALA CABLALA (with a setting for the warning levels). Thanks!

Interesting ideas.

I will wait to see what kind of sounds Squad will add in KSP v1.0 before starting anything on this though.

Why is it not working?!?!? :(

Whatever I have tried, it just doesn't work. Everything loads normally, no "incompatible version" messages, and the setings menu works perfectly. But no bloody sounds. Why?

(I'm using boh KSP and Chatterer version 0.25)

Why is it not working?!?!? :(

Whatever I have tried, it just doesn't work. Everything loads normally, no "incompatible version" messages, and the setings menu works perfectly. But no bloody sounds. Why?

(I'm using boh KSP and Chatterer version 0.25)

Sorry, for KSP 0.25 you should stay with Chatterer 0.7.1 or below.

Sometimes a simple recompile can fix/break stuff regarding version compatibility.

But hey, why you no upgrade to 0.90 in the first place :P ???

Sorry, for KSP 0.25 you should stay with Chatterer 0.7.1 or below.

Sometimes a simple recompile can fix/break stuff regarding version compatibility.

But hey, why you no upgrade to 0.90 in the first place :P ???

I am already using this version. I know because I was trying to use it before 0.90 came out.

And right though you are, I got one word for you: Interstellar.

I am already using this version. I know because I was trying to use it before 0.90 came out.

And right though you are, I got one word for you: Interstellar.

Sorry I missread your post, doh !

I got a link for you though : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104943-0-90-KSP-Interstellar-port-maintance-thread

I guess you tried it already but doesn't this version work with 0.90 ? (I didn't try it yet)

Back to Chatterer topic:

- you should definitely get sounds then, can you post your installation path from drive root to ogg sound files ?

Well, thank you for that link. I'll give Fractal some more time, and then I'll be trying it out. I'm so anxious to try tehe new Mk. 3, but I can't give up faith on Fractal! Hnnnng! :confused:

And when you talk about ogg, I don't really get what you oh my god now I get it -the sounds don't come prepackaged do they. I'm such an idiot -_-

Could you help me on how I an get some?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, love this mod and almost can't play without it :)

When I installed fresh .90, installed mods, and installed the latest toolbar with latest module manager dll, I can not get the settings UI to appear at all :(

The icon in blizzys and ksp's stock toolbar does nothing when clicked.

heres a lost of the mods I am using other than chatterer

They all are the latest rendition i could find

Collision fx

Deadly Reentry6.4.0

Distant Object Enhancment (bis) 1.5.2

Docking port alignment 5.1

FAR 0.14.6

Final Frontier0.65-679

Astronomers visual pack interstellar v2

Texture replacer 2.2.5

planet ....e 0.2.2.1

environmental visual enhancments

Hullcam VDS 0.33

KAS 0.4.10

Kerbel engineer 1.0.15.2

MKS 0.22.7

Oinkers skybox

Rasterpropmonitor dev19

RCS sounds 4.3

SCANsat 10

Stage Recovery. 1.5.3

Vessel View

Kerbquake 1.21

Firstperson EVA

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Wow...maybe I should stay with 0.8.0 til things get sorted...I will keep an eye here as I have no problems with 8.0 on KSP v90...I will be streaming soon so I will check 8.0 volumetrics...(lol) !

Cmdr Zeta

Hi,

Wait what is wrong with 0.8.1 ? You should be just fine with it ;)

Just a general question I suppose: Are there any new things planned for this mod? Just wondering. It's still number one on my 'simply cannot play without this mod' list.

Sure, I am just too busy right now to work on new features, I will of course update/fix (if needed) the mod once KSP 1.0 comes out, new stuff will come later ;)

Not sure whats going on but for some reason the "chatter" button is not there, I have beeps and ambient noise menus, but no chatter, any ideas?

If you are using Blizzy'z toolbar you may have to activate the button through its settings (while in flight scene).

In any case stock toolbar button should have shown up in the first place, strange.

If you are using Blizzy'z toolbar you may have to activate the button through its settings (while in flight scene).

In any case stock toolbar button should have shown up in the first place, strange.

yeah its odd i switched to a different craft and pressed space to activate a new stage and suddenly it started up! clicked it and the chatter option was there, once i had gone back to vab and into a new craft it never returned again :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.