[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

@Athlonic I've got a bunch of cool audio files white background noise from a youtube channel. Is it possible to configure a specific AAE_BACKGROUND for each vessel type?

Hi,

Yeee, you can use the "use per vessel settings" so you can assign beeps, chatter set and all for each of your already launched vessels. But per vessel type isn't possible though.

@Athlonic I love the "install, customize and forget" side of Chatterer. It currently somehow detects which sounds to play on EVA, Bases and Stations. Setting sounds specifically for each vessel is a hassle in the long run. What do you think about making it possible to setup default background sounds for each vessel type in the plugin.cfg?

Edited by Enceos

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, WacoGlenn said:

I love this mod. Thanks to all that have worked to bring it to us!
Is it possible to have Chatterer mute automatically when the game is paused?

Hi and welcome,

Wait it doesn't mute when game is paused ? OO

Added to my todo list then, thx for the headup.

On 3/5/2017 at 1:55 AM, Athlonic said:

Hi and welcome,

Wait it doesn't mute when game is paused ? OO

Added to my todo list then, thx for the headup.

Thanks for the quick reply. I believe it's the background sounds that's not being muted...at least I think it might be coming from Chatterer. I am running v1.2.2 1622 build on Win8.1. Let me know if there's any info from me that might help. 

And, btw, I might not have even noticed if I hadn't installed a mod called MusicPauser that mutes KSP music when the game is paused. I found that mod at http://google.com/musicpauser-mod/ and was pleasantly surprised that it ran fine with 64 bit KSP.  

Edited by WacoGlenn
added info

• 4 weeks later...

While driving a rover around on the Mun today, I noticed that I was hearing chatter much more often than the "60-90s" it's set to in the configuration.  So I turned on Chatterer's debug mode and looked in the console, and saw lines that say:

[CHATR] beginning exchange,event::prev = LANDED ::new = SUB_ORBITAL

In other words, Chatterer starts a chat exchange whenever a craft leaves the ground.  The problem is, when driving on the Mun, that happens every time I go over a bump. :)

Please consider making the "chatter frequency" setting also limit how often event-triggered chatter can occur.

Hey Athlonic!

I am having some problems loading the expansion set. I have loaded other sets without problem, but the expansion shows 0 clips loaded. I can take screenshots if you need, but I am placing the expansion directory in E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Sounds\chatter. I have the apollo11, Russian, STS1, and valentina sets in the same directory. I go load the sets in the advanced setting of the chatter menu, and I can see the four other sets loads (with clips), but expansion shows 0 clips no matter what I do. I checked the config file and it also shows

AUDIOSET
{
	directory = extension
	is_active = True
}

Any suggestions? I am sure it's user error, but damned if I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!

Hi,

The only thing I can think of, is you might have misspelled addons directories names.

When I tried them for the first time, I (for some reasons) typed apollo5, apollo13 instead of apollo8 and apollo15 ^^

(This reminds me I have to change this system and bring in a more simple "scan for addons and tick-mark them" thingy.)

Hope this helps.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:13 AM, Athlonic said:

Hi,

The only thing I can think of, is you might have misspelled addons directories names.

When I tried them for the first time, I (for some reasons) typed apollo5, apollo13 instead of apollo8 and apollo15 ^^

(This reminds me I have to change this system and bring in a more simple "scan for addons and tick-mark them" thingy.)

Hope this helps.

Yep. User error. I am an idiot. "extension" not = "expansion" :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Chatterer is one of my favourite mods as I totally love the atmospheric touch it adds to the game. Yesterday I started to experiment with the free NASA files and created two additional chatter-sets for this outstanding mod: Apollo 10 and STS-63 (with female chatter!). In total there are more than one hundred new chatter files. Of course, I'd love to share my work with you but first I wanted to ask for permission to make it available. I'd like to call it "Chatterer Extended" but maybe this will upset @Athlonic ... It would be nice to let me know if that's okay.

Another thing: I'm absolutely no modder and I really don't know what actions I have to undertake to make this extension available for the public. I assume I could upload it to Spacedock... Is that correct? Do I have to register to upload the file? And what about a creative commons licence? Do I need such a thing?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: OK, just read that for arts work, I should use the creative commons license if I want to be credited for my work. I think that sounds ok...

Another edit: OK, I just released this. You can find it here. @Athlonic: Please tell me if anything offends you! :D

Edited by hoover2701

@hoover2701 Oh ! another audioset pack and even with female chatter ! :)

No problem at all, addons are always welcome. I just downloaded yours and will have a look at it. Soon(tm) Chatterer will be more friendly with addons and I will try to keep a list of links leading to each of them on this thread's first post.

Thanks for your work and time put in this and glad you like Chatterer :wink: 

14 minutes ago, Athlonic said:

@hoover2701 Oh ! another audioset pack and even with female chatter ! :)

No problem at all, addons are always welcome. I just downloaded yours and will have a look at it. Soon(tm) Chatterer will be more friendly with addons and I will try to keep a list of links leading to each of them on this thread's first post.

Thanks for your work and time put in this and glad you like Chatterer :wink: 

@Athlonic: Thanks for approval of the name and I hope the pack proves worthy to be mentioned on the thread's first post! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Update out :

v0.9.93 [27 May 2017]
- Recompiled for KSP v1.3.0.1804
- Fix for chatter spam on jumps (avoid exchange to trigger every time vessel leaves the ground)
- Automatically mute all sounds when game is paused

Addon pack management enhancements coming next :wink: 

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2016 at 11:28 AM, Evanitis said:

That sounds real cool. If you only get as far as cheering when staging happens, and moaning and panic when something explodes, we'll be happy.

Yeah, watched my first live-launch, and I realized what I was missing all along. ^_^

On 10/3/2016 at 9:29 AM, Athlonic said:

Hi ComatoseJedi,

Exchange are not event based (yet) but they trigger randomly on some events.

Now that we have a nice english NASA chatter set (thanks to KingNeberkenezer) I know I have to implement a smart "event based" exchange system and it has always been my long term goal for Chatterer. Squad recently added several game event triggers in the code so I can feel this coming a reality soon.

I love Chatterer from the very inner of my soul, and I think it should keep being fun, and should keep being completely useless.

HOWEVER, I would really love a mod or a chatterer extension that simply turns to audio the "events" we can read in the mission summary log as it is in current game version. "Lift off!" "Separation confirmed." etc. Nothing more, nothing less.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/10/2017 at 0:39 PM, GameTourist said:

Love this mod! I can't help but feel it should have been part of the base game. I'd definitely miss it.

How were the sounds "Kerbalized"? My guess is that the pitch is raised and they are played backwards. I've heard some that didn't sound backwards though.

Yep, usually in the KSP cinematics their voices are reversed and pitch raised. 

Is it normal for the sstv images to be green?

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.