[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

2 hours ago, Athlonic said:

Awesome stuff here !

Oh, nice one, will fix this in next version, thanks for the report ;)

@ 1:28 during launch they call for press to MECO which i know is part of a launch sequence. This coupled with the other chatter that seemed to hit at all the right times during that launch makes the video awesome IMO. I am so anxious to see what an improved chatterer mod could do.

I have used this mod since coming back to KSP (1.0.4) and its one of the mods I consider essential for immersion. I even use the nasa sounds that's found on this thread, but it only plays 4 or 5 sounds and not the entire collection. While I have no doubt that the ones you created with the kerbal-speak seems like they are event driven, the other one is not (and is probably not your problem), but a question arises: Are any sounds from this mod event driven? If so, where can I adjust the event? I had started to add my own sounds I found and realized that they play out of sequence to any event. For instance, I see you have a countdown mod, which is awesome btw. I had gotten capcom go-no-go pre flight chatter and wonder if it would work the same way you did with the countdown mod?

Hi ComatoseJedi,

Exchange are not event based (yet) but they trigger randomly on some events.

Now that we have a nice english NASA chatter set (thanks to KingNeberkenezer) I know I have to implement a smart "event based" exchange system and it has always been my long term goal for Chatterer. Squad recently added several game event triggers in the code so I can feel this coming a reality soon.

1 hour ago, Athlonic said:

I have to implement a smart "event based" exchange system and it has always been my long term goal for Chatterer. Squad recently added several game event triggers in the code so I can feel this coming a reality soon.

That sounds real cool. If you only get as far as cheering when staging happens, and moaning and panic when something explodes, we'll be happy.

Yeah, watched my first live-launch, and I realized what I was missing all along. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

hi all, since I myself do music, I wonder quite some time whether it makes sense to make a similar app in which the ksp music will be replaced by your own playlist? - So far I have supplemented my ksp clips so .. now is simply an idea. - Could possibly extend this plugin to such a function?

This mod is great, thanks a lot. I really appreciate the RemoteTech integration with probes, where the probe won't make sound if there's no connection. Now that I've finally started manned missions, though, I've noted that the RT integration doesn't extend that far - even if you have no antenna on your craft, your pilot will still talk back and forth with launch control. This seems a bit odd, honestly. Is it intentional? Is there any way to make it so a manned ship with no radio connection will, too, have to sit in silence?

Having a slight issue that goes way back in time. I just learned to live with it: At the start and end of every chatter there is this beep. (opening/closing channel). But regardless of how I adjust the volume of the chatter, the beep is not affected.

6 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

Having a slight issue that goes way back in time. I just learned to live with it: At the start and end of every chatter there is this beep. (opening/closing channel). But regardless of how I adjust the volume of the chatter, the beep is not affected.

That beep is called Quindar, it is the slider just below chatter volume you want to lower ;)

On 8/14/2015 at 1:33 PM, Motokid600 said:

I have one really special request. I don't know about anyone else, but I use Camera Tools to watch all my launches from the ground as in real life. It's incredible how easy it is to do with CT and how well it works. I suggest everyone make it standard practice. It's that good.

That being said. The launches are too quiet. I would love it if I could have Chatterer here play the sounds of actual rocket launches. This way once the KSP sound fades away I can then hear the sound of an actual rocket flying downrange. Either started by a manual trigger or by staging.

Is such a thing possible? A "Launch sounds" feature.

When you use Camera Tools the active craft is still the one launching, right?

I was playing in the Chatterer source code some months ago, and managed to make the volume scale proportional to the camera distance from the active craft (so as you zoom into your craft it gets louder, and vice versa).  I wonder if you could tweak the scaling values to make this work for you.  If you PM me, I'd be happy to send you the source code, a binary and some documentation I put together way back when on the changes.

EDIT: Whoops, I landed here from a google search result and didn't notice how old this question was.  Nevermind!

Edited by Fwiffo

• 2 weeks later...

Update for KSP 1.1 released :wink: 

v0.9.8 [19 Apr 2016]
- Recompiled for KSP v1.1.0.1230
- Fix for capsule always initiating exchange once set to true / Thanks to MoarDV
- Implemented API for interactions with other mods / Thanks to MoarDV, again
- Stop playing wind sounds when inside a pod/cockpit
- Bundled MiniAVC v1.0.3.2

I am sorry to say, but this mod crashes my KSP before even reaching the main menu. I am on Linux, maybe that is why nobody else noticed this yet. Do you need any logs? The usual KSP log doesn't show anything unusual, thou...

9 minutes ago, klingolf said:

I am sorry to say, but this mod crashes my KSP before even reaching the main menu. I am on Linux, maybe that is why nobody else noticed this yet. Do you need any logs? The usual KSP log doesn't show anything unusual, thou...

Sorry to hear that.

Your logs : "KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt" & "KSP.log" should help to find out what's going on.

Hi, been trying to get the mod to work. The UI seems fine, but I can't hear anyone chattering. When I select the chatter sets (apollo 11, etc.), it says 0 clips? Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it! I've been reading too much old forums that I tried to install it in the gamedata/squad folder. Cheers for a great mod, man!

Edited by Kwago

I've ported my previous patch to allow unmanned / SAS capable vehicles to chatter aswell (with matching robotic soundset) to the current version. Tested and working under Win10 x64

http://atomicstryker.net/files/ChattererMachinesPatch.zip

If you are concerned about sourcecode, this is a pull request on github too. Imma steal yo excrements

Edited by Sterbehilfe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.