Space 1999 Eagle er.. Kerbal 2012 Command Pod w/extras

RedSpar

KSP%20logo.png

Presenting my first foray into KSP modding..

Space 1999 Eagle Command Module.

Eage_cover.png

More views:

eagle2.png

eagle3.png

eagle4.png

See if you can crash more Eagles, than Moonbase Alpha did back in the series...

I\'ll be working on new parts in the future to connect to the command module, so you can build a full fledged working Eagle. So stay tuned.

Also, I built a Space Shuttle sized SRB to help get your Eagle into orbit and beyond, the RS-1.

See here:

booster_cover.png

Download here:

Eagle ver. 1.0: http://www.redspar.com/ksp/RedSpar_Eagle_Pod.rar

Solid Booster ver 1.0: http://www.redspar.com/ksp/solidBooster_RedSpar.rar

Unrar and move the folders to your KSP Parts directory.

Man, I was just thinking of how well an Eagle would work as a model in KSP, with its modular structure. I hope you get the chassis/engines and pod parts modelled too.

I have to confess I\'m kind of surprised anyone here is old enough to remember Space: 1999. I had the Dinky model of an Eagle when I was little, I used to love it.

Thanks all!

Man, I was just thinking of how well an Eagle would work as a model in KSP, with its modular structure. I hope you get the chassis/engines and pod parts modelled too.

I have to confess I\'m kind of surprised anyone here is old enough to remember Space: 1999. I had the Dinky model of an Eagle when I was little, I used to love it.

Well, Victor, I\'m no spring chicken. I\'m going to be 45yrs old next week. :\'( I used to watch Space 1999 religiously every weekend (mainly for the Eagles!) I remember building an Eagle model kit and then promptly blowing it up with firecrackers! ;)

I\'m going to start work on the chassis and engines today, so hopefully we\'ll have a full fledged Eagle to crash soon!

It\'s a great pod and I can \'go\' with it wanting to re-enter nose first. I do wish it had a connection point on the \'top\' (not nose) so it would splash down horizontal (bottom side down) If the basic model was given a longer and sharper pointed nose, it would also look more like the old \'Planet of the Apes\' space ship.

Eagle cargo section modeling is done. All those trusses were insane ???

Considering there were so many didn\'t come in too bad at 6320 tris (2288 polys).

Unrap and texturing next. I\'ll make the gear pods and engines separately after.

Cargo_section.jpg

Oh wow ... Smells like nostalgia ... :)

Lovely models so far, I\'m looking forward to seeing the finished product!

I must admit I\'ve been wondering about Eagle models for a long time, but my modelling skills are non-existent and I had to just wait for somebody else to want to produce one. Great to see it\'s happening! :D

• 1 year later...