I'm having frequent crashes

I'm not sure if it's due memory issues or some mod. And I don't know how to check which one. The last crash happened when I tried to launch a ship from the VAB. Windows task manager indicated KSP was using some 3,665,000 kb which should be below the 4GB limit, I think.

Here's the log file

https://mega.co.nz/#!pdl1XZYa!Fs-twEkhzQdv6GbzQ1plc9V52LNdiZ58zgnNPUALfJg

And here's a screenshot of the gamedata folder

72zl38.jpg

Supernovy, I appreciate the quick response and I understand the requirements are those to be expected in a business environment. I do not play KSP as a chore, though, but as a game. If there was an automated way to paste the mod list with version, I'd do it. Transcribing and checking the version of each single one of them by hand, however, isn't fun.

I've posted this thread under the idea that maybe someone could say "wait, 3,600,000 kb of ram means your game crashes because it's running out of memory. Uninstall some mods" or that someone who knows what to look into a log file would "Hey, it's this mod. Check if it's up to date". I've deleted all parts of B9 I don't use (that is, most of them) and so far the game uses a lot less of ram and the two times I've played it, it's not crashing. So maybe it was a memory issue.

Supernovy, I appreciate the quick response and I understand the requirements are those to be expected in a business environment. I do not play KSP as a chore, though, but as a game. If there was an automated way to paste the mod list with version, I'd do it. Transcribing and checking the version of each single one of them by hand, however, isn't fun.

I've posted this thread under the idea that maybe someone could say "wait, 3,600,000 kb of ram means your game crashes because it's running out of memory. Uninstall some mods" or that someone who knows what to look into a log file would "Hey, it's this mod. Check if it's up to date". I've deleted all parts of B9 I don't use (that is, most of them) and so far the game uses a lot less of ram and the two times I've played it, it's not crashing. So maybe it was a memory issue.

Yes, 3.6 Gig is too much and the game is likely to crash at any point where it tries to allocate more memory. If removing a large chunk of B9 has reduced the memory usage and stopped the crashes then it sounds like you're good to go...

I had the same problems, even with the 64-bit version on a newest iMac (Quad-core 3,2 GHz and 8GB RAM). I solved it by reducing graphics (render: fast, shaders: low, resolution lower and most important texture quality to quarter). The game runs pretty well now and the graphics is not that terrible. :-)

And what, pray tell, do you think it is for us, the people you expect to give you support? Fun? Or is it perhaps a chore, a chore we take on in *addition* to giving you lots of mods (not like that's a business either), and so maybe it's fair to expect to meet in the middle in regards to the workload of support?

Now, it happens to be the case that 3.6GB is right in the danger zone (as Padishar says). And we appreciate your at least collecting logs and having *some* information about what mods are installed. But when you start complaining about chores, consider that even if you follow the sticky, the modder (or mod or helpful person) who answers your question has to do...perhaps somewhat less work than you, it's true. But think about how many questions there are, and how much work said folks have *already* done.

Tadeáš: Your version of OS X may be 64bit, but there's not 64bit KSP for Mac yet.

I answered you as I did because you were, quite reasonably, asked to follow the guidelines of this forum. In response, you talked about how doing that would be a chore, and KSP is supposed to be fun.

I ask you again: just how fun do you think providing tech support is?

Nathan, I did not write "YOU MUST answer me with whatever information I want to give", so I don't see the reason to answer me as if I had done so

Dude: stop digging.

You're hassling an extremely helpful volunteer because they asked that you provide the minimal information needed to help you.

You are not Nathan's employer. You're not even his customer. He has no obligation to help you at all. Getting snippy with the mod makers is not going to end well for you if you continue.

I ask you again: just how fun do you think providing tech support is?

I have no idea, as I don't provide tech support. I also understand none is mandated to provide tech support for mods

Dude: stop digging.

You're hassling an extremely helpful volunteer because they asked that you provide the minimal information needed to help you.

You are not Nathan's employer. You're not even his customer. He has no obligation to help you at all. Getting snippy with the mod makers is not going to end well for you if you continue.

Now I'm confused. I do fully agree with what you wrote and I didn't write anything insinuating anyone was under the obligation of providing support.

From this image of your mod folder, i see you have active texture management, but not the BoulderCo folder that comes with it. It contains the config files for most major mods.

If you're not trying to run an old save with B9, the B9_Aerospace_deprecated folder can be safely removed. I should take a nice chunk out of your memory use

From this image of your mod folder, i see you have active texture management, but not the BoulderCo folder that comes with it. It contains the config files for most major mods.

If you're not trying to run an old save with B9, the B9_Aerospace_deprecated folder can be safely removed. I should take a nice chunk out of your memory use

Thank, I had probably removed the BoulderCo folder while trying to troubleshoot another issue. I've copied back to the gamedata folder