[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

33 minutes ago, Kardea said:

Thanks! Completely unrelated: I just installed the 1.2.2 Dev version and the UI functions, but the actual functionality of KCT is completely broken. When I go to the VAB/SPH to build a rocket, the "Build Time" listed is 0 days, 0 hours for any vehicle and clicking the Launch button does nothing at all, so I literally can't build or launch anything at the moment. Is this a known issue? I can update the bug tracker if needed..

I'll need logs (halfway down this post, put them on dropbox/google drive/a similar site) and this conversation might be better suited for the dev thread. Make sure you don't have any extra .dlls in the GameData/KerbalConstructionTime or GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/plugins folders and that you've got the latest version of MagiCore installed in GameData/MagiCore/MagiCore.dll (and there isn't also one at GameData/MagiCore.dll)

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

Excellent mod.  Getting use to the constraints of build times.  Quick question.  What's the current fix / work around for having a recovered spaceplane spawn standing on its tail?  I tried to ease it down, but it went timber and crunched.  I could hack gravity, but I'm worried what that might do to other stuff I have parked around KSC.

After it gets recovered into storage, click the * button and then "Edit". The moment you grab the root part, it'll flip forward. Then you can save the edits and launch it as normal.

That might work a little funky with ScrapYard at the moment, so if you have that installed too it might not be registered as a 0 change action, so it might require some extra time (normally it shouldn't) and it might result in some additional parts in the inventory or the parts on the vessel resetting back to 0 TimesRecovered. I need to fix that still, but it shouldn't be totally game breaking. If you don't have ScrapYard installed then it shouldn't be an issue at all.

5 hours ago, magico13 said:

I'll need logs (halfway down this post, put them on dropbox/google drive/a similar site) and this conversation might be better suited for the dev thread. Make sure you don't have any extra .dlls in the GameData/KerbalConstructionTime or GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/plugins folders and that you've got the latest version of MagiCore installed in GameData/MagiCore/MagiCore.dll (and there isn't also one at GameData/MagiCore.dll)

From what I can see, no conflicting .dll or anything... Here's the log file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B49Vka7x_xExVGZ5LWxGZkVsR2s
I'll crosspost in the Dev Thread as well.

So is it fair to say that this isn't usable under KSP 1.2.2.1622? Currently watching a old play through by Quill18 where he uses it and it looks kinda cool, but I don't want to have a broken game as I haven't been playing that long, and might not recognize problems until it's too late.

Thanks

2 hours ago, strudo76 said:

So is it fair to say that this isn't usable under KSP 1.2.2.1622? Currently watching a old play through by Quill18 where he uses it and it looks kinda cool, but I don't want to have a broken game as I haven't been playing that long, and might not recognize problems until it's too late.

I don't plan on making an official 1.2.2 release, but you're welcome to use the dev version for 1.2.2. I wouldn't add ScrapYard in quite yet though. Most problems that might crop up are fixable, especially since the save file is just a text file, but with any mods (even with just stock actually) I recommend either backing up your save file (called persistence.sfs) fairly frequently or making frequent named quicksaves (use Alt+F5). Or use a mod that does that for you (I've got a modlet called DatedQuicksaves that helps with that and there are others like S.A.V.E.). I used to just .zip up the save folder each day before I launched the game, just in case, since this game is fairly well known for just randomly dying, especially with mods installed.

My career game is not starting anymore. Program freezes wile loading my save. My code ends this way:

I have KCT and Custom Barn Kit installed. 

Do you have any idea? 

[LOG 17:59:51.772] [KCT] ClickOff
[LOG 17:59:51.772] [KCT] Start finished
[LOG 17:59:51.772] [KCT] DelayedStart start
[LOG 17:59:51.772] [KCT] Checking vessels for missing parts.
[LOG 17:59:51.773] [KCT] SP Start
[LOG 17:59:51.773] [KCT] SP UI done
[LOG 17:59:51.773] [KCT] SP switch starting
[LOG 17:59:51.774] [KCT] Switching to LaunchPad: LaunchPad lvl: 1 destroyed? False
[LOG 17:59:51.774] [KCT] SP switch done
[LOG 17:59:51.774] [KCT] SP done
[LOG 17:59:51.775] [KCT] DelayedStart finished
[LOG 17:59:51.775] QuickSearch[3.12]: Start
[LOG 17:59:51.776] QuickSearch(QRnD)[3.12]: Start
[LOG 17:59:51.796] [SR] Start start
[LOG 17:59:51.827] 5/19/2017 5:59:51 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for RSS
[LOG 17:59:51.832] 5/19/2017 5:59:51 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for KER
[LOG 17:59:51.833] 5/19/2017 5:59:51 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-KERWrapper,Attempting to Grab KER Types...
[LOG 17:59:51.837] 5/19/2017 5:59:51 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for VOID
[LOG 17:59:51.838] 5/19/2017 5:59:51 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-VOIDWrapper,Attempting to Grab VOID Types...
[LOG 17:59:51.848] [KCT] Updating launchpad destruction state.
[LOG 17:59:51.849] [KCT] Couldn't get actual max level or cached one for ResearchAndDevelopment. Assuming 2.

1 hour ago, New Horizons said:

My career game is not starting anymore. Program freezes wile loading my save. My code ends this way

Did anything change between your save starting normally and now? Can you upload the whole log (to a site like dropbox or google drive), since everything there looks normal. Does your save start if you remove KCT? (nothing should break by removing it and then adding it back later, but backup your save just in case)

Edited by magico13

39 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Did anything change between your save starting normally and now? Can you upload the whole log, since everything there looks normal. Does your save start if you remove KCT? (nothing should break by removing it and then adding it back later, but backup your save just in case)

Thank you for your fast reply. I cannot find a button to upload files here :-(

That loading error appeared several days ago, sometimes loading just takes several minutes instead of seconds. But now it does not work anymore. 

I think, that the mixture of KCT (experimental for KSP 1.2.2), Krash Time and Barn Kit breaks, when one upgrades buildings. 

Deleting KCT did not help. 

7 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Thanks

5 hours ago, magico13 said:

I don't plan on making an official 1.2.2 release, but you're welcome to use the dev version for 1.2.2.

I have a stable build using tons of mods in 1.2.2, including the dev build of KCT with no issues for KCT.

About the only think i haven't tried to do in a while is use KerbinSide/KerbalKonstructs for multiple launch facilities, which i know was finicky in past releases of both KK and KCT.

Dev build is certainly usable for 1.2.2

26 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

I cannot find a button to upload files here

I managed to edit my post between you starting your reply and you posting it. You can't upload anything onto the forums (even images). For log files, use a site like dropbox or google drive. I also recommend putting the log in a .zip file since that will drop the file size immensely.

7 hours ago, Adriayn said:

I have a stable build using tons of mods in 1.2.2, including the dev build of KCT with no issues for KCT.

About the only think i haven't tried to do in a while is use KerbinSide/KerbalKonstructs for multiple launch facilities, which i know was finicky in past releases of both KK and KCT.

Dev build is certainly usable for 1.2.2

Thanks for the replies. I'll give the dev build a crack and see what's what.

10 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Just an FYI as well. The link to the Getting Started Guide in the OP doesn't seem to display anything, unless it's a problem at my end?

Dropbox changed how they do public sharing and it broke all my dropbox links. I've updated that one, but I believe it's also in the KCT .zip file.

11 hours ago, magico13 said:

Dropbox changed how they do public sharing and it broke all my dropbox links. I've updated that one, but I believe it's also in the KCT .zip file.

Thanks for that. The only thing I couldn't find in there is how upgrade points are earned. I started with the default profile with 15 upgrade points. I've gained a few total points since since starting, but I don't know how that value increased?

22 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

Thanks for that. The only thing I couldn't find in there is how upgrade points are earned. I started with the default profile with 15 upgrade points. I've gained a few total points since since starting, but I don't know how that value increased?

Every time you unlock a tech node it pops up a message saying you've earned another upgrade point. That question has come up a bunch, so I should probably make that clearer somehow :P

53 minutes ago, Probus said:

@magico13,

In a default install, is there any way to turn off the "Science per Day" feature?  Or maybe zero it out.

You mean the science you get for building vessels? Just don't put any points into that. If you already put points in there just reset them (either the proper way by saving up a few points first, or by modifying the save file to remove those spent points or by modifying the Preset to make resetting be free).

You can also just modify the formula if you want to play around with the presets, including completely disabling that feature. It could be completely disabled by setting ResearchFormula to "-1", but you won't get the points you spent on it back unless you reset or modify the save file.

5 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Ah bad timing, as this came to 1.2.2, 1.3 came out

The 1.2.2 release on SpaceDock is just the most recent dev build, it's not actually a proper release, and was done specifically so RP-0 could be fully installed through CKAN. There is already a dev build for KSP 1.3 though.

19 hours ago, magico13 said:

The 1.2.2 release on SpaceDock is just the most recent dev build, it's not actually a proper release, and was done specifically so RP-0 could be fully installed through CKAN. There is already a dev build for KSP 1.3 though.

Looking forward to the 1.3 version, I've never actually tried KCT so it should be fun! Thanks for maintaining the mod. :)

Did KCT's failure and testing portion get removed? Sorry, it's been a while since I've read up on it, but thought I recalled a whole testing system mentioned in the past.

Thx

16 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Did KCT's failure and testing portion get removed? Sorry, it's been a while since I've read up on it, but thought I recalled a whole testing system mentioned in the past.

Thx

That's actually a separate mod intended to be used with KCT and ScrapYard called UPFM, I believe.

52 minutes ago, Tyko said:

KCT never had any failure or testing parts. You could be thinking of the TestFlight mod, which KCT had a button for to disable failures during simulations. Unnamed Part Failure Mod (UPFM) is similar to Test Flight and is being developed based on ScrapYard.

That moment when someone talks about a feature from another mod and it happens that KCT already has a button to support it :')

Seriously though magico you've done a brilliant job on this. It's impressive not only just how much this mod does, but also how well it coexists and adds on with the rest of the mods out there :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 6/9/2017 at 10:10 PM, dlrk said:

An official 1.2.2 build would be great (:

If we're all patient enough we may just get a 1.3 release...

You know just like how we all count 1, 2, 5! (Three sir)

Edited by smotheredrun
spelling... again...