[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

36 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Just an FYI - the metadata or version info on this is off.  CKAN is showing only a KSP 1.2.2 (KCT version 1.3.4.7) as the latest available release, which is not installable onto KSP 1.3.1

Yep, the only releases right now are off of my build server. The last one on SpaceDock is for KSP 1.2.2. This has to be installed manually for now.

Quick question: How do I simulate a vessel? 

I used this mod a long while ago and when clicking the launch button I was given the option simulating or just adding it to the build list. Now, it just automatically adds it to the build list. 

I can't find any options relating to simulation functionality either. Can anyone help?

1 minute ago, itsthatguy said:

Quick question: How do I simulate a vessel? 

I used this mod a long while ago and when clicking the launch button I was given the option simulating or just adding it to the build list. Now, it just automatically adds it to the build list. 

I can't find any options relating to simulation functionality either. Can anyone help?

The simulation has long been removed from KCT.  Through this thread there are quite a few questions like this, the response is invariably : use KRASH.

20 minutes ago, towermaster2 said:

I'm having an issue with the newest release of KCT.

Quite simply, when I click the 'Select Upgrades" button on the intro panel, it comes up with a blank box. Is there any potential fixes for this?

I'd need to see the logs to have any hope of helping. But it sounds like it could be duplicate MagiCore.dlls (one in GameData by itself and another in GameData/MagiCore, delete the one by itself in GameData). Did you recently update from a rather old version to a new one?

5 hours ago, magico13 said:

I'd need to see the logs to have any hope of helping. But it sounds like it could be duplicate MagiCore.dlls (one in GameData by itself and another in GameData/MagiCore, delete the one by itself in GameData). Did you recently update from a rather old version to a new one?

I deleted the excess MagiCore.Dlls and it worked. Thanks for helping.

Also, for future reference. How to I find and get the logs?

2 hours ago, towermaster2 said:

Also, for future reference. How to I find and get the logs?

There's a section of this post that I usually point people toward. It should point you to the log location depending on what operating system you are running and whcih version of KSP you are using (32 bit vs 64 bit):

• 2 weeks later...

All my saves suddenly refuse to run KCT. It kinda exists, as Kerbal Alarm Clock adds alarms about research nodes, but the window doesn't pop up. Futhermore, I can launch my rockets without waiting... I don't understand how or why that happened. I've tried reinstaling both older and newer versions, but all attempts have failed...(btw it happened after I added procedural wings, but removing that mod didn't fix the issue)

Has anyone got any suggestions how to fix this bug?

29 minutes ago, phoneix_007 said:

All my saves suddenly refuse to run KCT. It kinda exists, as Kerbal Alarm Clock adds alarms about research nodes, but the window doesn't pop up. Futhermore, I can launch my rockets without waiting... I don't understand how or why that happened. I've tried reinstaling both older and newer versions, but all attempts have failed...(btw it happened after I added procedural wings, but removing that mod didn't fix the issue)

Has anyone got any suggestions how to fix this bug?

Start a completely fresh installation.  Don't try to fix what you have, start over complete from scratch, then copy your save game across:

• re-download KSP (having backed up your current installation)
  • install all the mods you had, from scratch (not from your old installation)
  • copy your save game over

Don't try to cut corners on the "re-install" option, it's a false economy.

If that doesn't work, read the "How To Get Support (READ FIRST)" as linked in the post immediately above yours.

Edited by MatBailie

On 10.12.2017 at 11:08 PM, MatBailie said:

Start a completely fresh installation.  Don't try to fix what you have, start over complete from scratch, then copy your save game across:

• re-download KSP (having backed up your current installation)
  • install all the mods you had, from scratch (not from your old installation)
  • copy your save game over

Don't try to cut corners on the "re-install" option, it's a false economy.

If that doesn't work, read the "How To Get Support (READ FIRST)" as linked in the post immediately above yours.

Is that the only option avalible? I really don't want to reinstall it and i'm scared i would screw that up :/

5 hours ago, phoneix_007 said:

Is that the only option avalible? I really don't want to reinstall it and i'm scared i would screw that up :/

it is the best option

i have a stock install as source
i copy that dir to a new dir and i play in the new dir including installing mods
i never use the source dir
the risk is very low and it prevents losing saves wen thers an auto update to the game

8 minutes ago, phoneix_007 said:

Ok, but with a Steam realese can you only change versions or you have to totally uninstall it and reinstall it?

Apparently you didn't read what I wrote.  I specifically said that if my proposal does not work for you, read the thread marked as "How To Get Support (READ FIRST)".  It tells you how to get error logs, etc, and how to actually request help without expecting Mod developer to tell a thousand different people the same thing a thousand different times.

As for what @daneilboro said, here is the important line : " i copy that dir to a new dir and i play in the new dir"...

He goes to the Steam directory, finds KSP and makes a copy of that directory.  He can then play KSP from that copy rather than playing directly through Steam.

In your case, Rename the directory you have KSP installed in.  Then you can use Steam to download another copy, for whatever version you want.  Then you can install whatever mods you want, and copy the save game folder from the old copy to the new copy.

While you may be intimidated by such a process, any attempt to "fix" a broken install is going to be 100x more complicated than that.  As such, I strongly recommend you search the forum or the internet for guides on how to manage multiple copies of KSP in different directories.  It's far simpler than trying to fix something that is broken, a far more reliable way for you to proceed, and a for more flexible option for trying to prevent it happening again in the future.  (If you want to experiment with adding mods to an install where you already have a game in progress Copy It First and tinker with the copy rather than risking breaking your ongoing game.)

5 hours ago, MatBailie said:

Apparently you didn't read what I wrote.  I specifically said that if my proposal does not work for you, read the thread marked as "How To Get Support (READ FIRST)".  It tells you how to get error logs, etc, and how to actually request help without expecting Mod developer to tell a thousand different people the same thing a thousand different times.

As for what @daneilboro said, here is the important line : " i copy that dir to a new dir and i play in the new dir"...

He goes to the Steam directory, finds KSP and makes a copy of that directory.  He can then play KSP from that copy rather than playing directly through Steam.

In your case, Rename the directory you have KSP installed in.  Then you can use Steam to download another copy, for whatever version you want.  Then you can install whatever mods you want, and copy the save game folder from the old copy to the new copy.

While you may be intimidated by such a process, any attempt to "fix" a broken install is going to be 100x more complicated than that.  As such, I strongly recommend you search the forum or the internet for guides on how to manage multiple copies of KSP in different directories.  It's far simpler than trying to fix something that is broken, a far more reliable way for you to proceed, and a for more flexible option for trying to prevent it happening again in the future.  (If you want to experiment with adding mods to an install where you already have a game in progress Copy It First and tinker with the copy rather than risking breaking your ongoing game.)

Sorry, I'm not a computer person :P but

thanks for explanation. It really helped me :)

Yup, one of the really nice aspects of KSP, especially then it comes to modding - setting up different installed 'versions' is trivially easy, just copy the directory :) I usually keep a completely unmodded, "clean" install dir laying around of the version I'm currently playing with, so if I should break the one "in use", I don't need to download it and fiddle with the version selection and such, I just copy the "clean" dir to a new location, re-install all the mods, copy my save (and some of the configs so I don't have to redo the graphics/sound/... settings for example) over :)

4 hours ago, Phelan said:

Yup, one of the really nice aspects of KSP, especially then it comes to modding - setting up different installed 'versions' is trivially easy, just copy the directory :) I usually keep a completely unmodded, "clean" install dir laying around of the version I'm currently playing with, so if I should break the one "in use", I don't need to download it and fiddle with the version selection and such, I just copy the "clean" dir to a new location, re-install all the mods, copy my save (and some of the configs so I don't have to redo the graphics/sound/... settings for example) over :)

I go one step further and stuff the whole thing into a SVN repository (and I still have like 6 different install directories).  SVN lets me see what changed, when, along with comments explaining why I changed something.  Also trivial to roll back to a specific revision when an install goes wrong.

I've got a little niggle with this most excellent mod. Not really a problem but I thought I'd mention it to see if a. Anyone else has seen this and/or b. it's easy to fix.

In a game, when I come back to the KSC screen I often want to look at the KCT dialogue window to find whats up next. OK fine, so I move the mouse to the toolbar to the KCT icon. The KCT window then appears. But sometimes it stays open when I move the mouse off the button (without having pressed it) sometimes it doesn't. If I click the button, in the former case the window closes, in the latter it stays open when I move the mouse off the button.

The end result is at worst an extra mouse click and a passing moment of annoyance, so no big deal but I thought I'd mention it. I've seen it in multiple versions of KSP and the mod and multiple installations.

On 12.12.2017 at 3:13 PM, MatBailie said:

Then you can use Steam to download another copy

I've done like you've said, have 1.2.2 version of KSP, run 1.2.2 version of KCT but my career save still don't operate this mod. On my sandbox it works just fine. I've tried reloading a quicksave, but it didn't help :/ 

Edited by phoneix_007

On 12/13/2017 at 5:06 PM, phoneix_007 said:

I've done like you've said, have 1.2.2 version of KSP, run 1.2.2 version of KCT but my career save still don't operate this mod. On my sandbox it works just fine. I've tried reloading a quicksave, but it didn't help :/ 

Then you possibly have a broken save file, perhaps missing or conflicting mods, it's impossible to tell until you provide the information needed.  So...please Please PLEASE read the link "How To Get Support (READ FIRST)"...

It explains to you what you need to do, what files you need to find, etc, for us to be able to help you.  Unfortunately we're not psychic and without the correct log files we have Zero chance of helping you.

3 hours ago, MatBailie said:

Then you possibly have a broken save file, perhaps missing or conflicting mods, it's impossible to tell until you provide the information needed.  So...please Please PLEASE read the link "How To Get Support (READ FIRST)"...

It explains to you what you need to do, what files you need to find, etc, for us to be able to help you.  Unfortunately we're not psychic and without the correct log files we have Zero chance of helping you.

It turns out I'm totally dumb :/ While browsing save file I stumbled across KCT Configs file and it was totally empty. I copied configs from the other save and now it works fine... :D 

I have a quick question, I am using build #43 for KCT (pre-release for 1.3) and was wondering the compatibility of the KCT and Kerbal Konstructs. If this is the wrong thread please let me know.

Edited by Rolacume
My Grammer Suck

3 hours ago, Rolacume said:

I have a quick question, I am using build #43 for KCT (pre-release for 1.3) and was wondering the compatibility of the KCT and Kerbal Konstructs. If this is the wrong thread please let me know.

In theory they are compatible. I fixed some incompatibilities a few months ago and don't expect that things have changed much since then. If you have a lot of launch sites the list might be too long when you go to select one through KCT's windows, but I believe launching should work correctly.