[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Well they do very different things :P Supposedly KCT works (somewhat) with KerbinSide, which uses Kerbal Konstructs. I plan on adding support for Kerbal Konstructs at a later point (since it seems like it's replacing KerbTown). The only thing regarding current compatibility that I could find is this, which is in the KerbinSide thread and is a few months old

The only issue I got with KCT is that I had to select the launch site in the VAB before building. Then launching from alternate locations worked fine.

I can confirm that this issue still persists... And it's rather annoying.

What is the issue exactly? You haven't actually said anything useful if you were trying to do a bug report. I don't use Kerbal Konstructs so I don't know anything about compatibility between them other than that one comment I linked from July. And, as I've previously mentioned in this thread about this topic, it's on my TODO list but toward the very end. You will definitely have to turn off Reconditioning and there's a chance that using KCT's Launch button from storages will only place you on the normal launchpad. But I have no idea and I have much more pressing concerns at the moment than trying to add Kerbal Konstruct support. Right now I'd like to just have a working version of KCT in dev since it's currently completely non-functional.

Its not so much a bug, as an annoyance. It forces one to have to switch between the VAB and the Space Center Scene. Lets say you want to build a craft: First you construct your vehicle, then (Using KCT) you press the build button, then, you exit the VAB, timewarp to craft completion/Do other things. When the craft is complete, you go into the VAB, choose your launch site (using Kerbal Konstructs), exit the VAB, and THEN, launch. It's quite an annoying process really. Hope you find this helpful. Sorry for bothering you with this.

That's what that linked comment sounded like it was saying. That's actually substantially better than what I expected would happen, so I'm surprised it's even slightly compatible. I've not yet looked into seeing how easy it would be for me to view the available launch sites and present them, but it may be worth asking in the Kerbal Konstructs thread for something (like a toolbar button) that lets you choose the launch site while in the Space Center. At the very least that would reduce annoyance by quite a bit.

About Kerbal Konstructs: It seems that the way it adds multiple launch sites somehow overlaps with how multiple SPH/VAB queues are implemented in KCT, since if you choose another launchpad before building, it will sometimes end up building it using the SPH buildspeed and putting your rocket in the SPH list.

About Kerbal Konstructs: It seems that the way it adds multiple launch sites somehow overlaps with how multiple SPH/VAB queues are implemented in KCT, since if you choose another launchpad before building, it will sometimes end up building it using the SPH buildspeed and putting your rocket in the SPH list.

That's likely because KCT checks what the vessel's launch location is to determine which queue it is supposed to go into. Specifically it checks to see if it will launch at "LaunchPad" to go into the VAB and anything else goes to the SPH. If Kerbal Konstructs has different names like that that actually control where to launch, then I hopefully will be able to easily allow the user to pick a launch location later, but I'll have to do a bit of rework to determine which list to put the vessel in.

Also, Sarbian recently committed a fix for the mechjeb issues presented earlier. So that will likely be in the next mechjeb release he does.

*sigh*

This mod seems awesome, but for some reason it isn't working properly for me. When I click the 'Launch' button, the game just instantly makes my ship. No 'Build it'/'Simulation' window appears. Nothing. It just instantly makes the ship. Note that everything else is working for me: the GUI, the research time, everything except for the actual build times themselves.

EDIT: I turned launch overriding off and I've got the Build and Simulate buttons now. However, clicking on the build button does nothing - it just takes my funds, but doesn't actually start building the craft. Curiously, everything works normally in sandbox mode, but not in career.

Edited by Kallisto

*sigh*

This mod seems awesome, but for some reason it isn't working properly for me. When I click the 'Launch' button, the game just instantly makes my ship. No 'Build it'/'Simulation' window appears. Nothing. It just instantly makes the ship. Note that everything else is working for me: the GUI, the research time, everything except for the actual build times themselves.

Two things we can do. First, I can try to fix it on my end, which will require you to enable Debug Messages in the Settings, enter the VAB/SPH, build something and launch it, then exit the game (you can revert the flight). Then send me the output_log (check the bottom of the first post for details) and I can see if I can figure out why it isn't working. It could be a mod conflict or some other issue. Do make sure you're using the latest version, since earlier versions had a similar issue with 64 bit KSP.

Second, which you should do after doing the above stuff, is that you can disable the launch button override in the Settings. Doing so will completely disable the launch button but you'll have two buttons on the KCT Editor GUI, one for building the vessel and one for simulating it. This should function as a workaround for the time being or if I can't figure out the issue.

That's what that linked comment sounded like it was saying. That's actually substantially better than what I expected would happen, so I'm surprised it's even slightly compatible. I've not yet looked into seeing how easy it would be for me to view the available launch sites and present them, but it may be worth asking in the Kerbal Konstructs thread for something (like a toolbar button) that lets you choose the launch site while in the Space Center. At the very least that would reduce annoyance by quite a bit.

Expect it in the next Kerbal Konstructs release. :)

First off, I took your second advice and it, unfortunately, did not work(the ship doesn't start getting built).

Second, I listened to your first advice and got the log file and everything. I looked at it myself a bit and I think I found the relevant part. It seems that there are some problems with Tarsier Space Tech. Have a look yourself:

[spoiler=]

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[KAE] Registering field prefabs for version 1.7.0.0 (latest)

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionLabelImproved_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionLabelImproved

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionResourceEditorImproved_1_7_0_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionResourceEditorImproved

[TST]: Loading Tarsier Progress Tracker

[TST]: Getting Telescope Celestial Body Status

[TST]: Getting Telescope Galaxy Status

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at TarsierSpaceTech.TSTProgressTracker.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioRunner+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

[TST]: Starting Tarsier Progress Tracking

FF: EventObserver:: OnGameStateSaved: game saved default (CAREER)

FF: rotating file 'D:/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/../saves/default/halloffame.ksp' (9 versions)

Game State Saved as persistent

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From EDITOR to SPACECENTER =====================

Expect it in the next Kerbal Konstructs release. :)

Awesome! I think with that and KCT's reconditioning disabled, KCT and Kerbal Konstructs should be functionally compatible.

First off, I took your second advice and it, unfortunately, did not work(the ship doesn't start getting built).

Second, I listened to your first advice and got the log file and everything. I looked at it myself a bit and I think I found the relevant part. It seems that there are some problems with Tarsier Space Tech. Have a look yourself:

Could you upload that file to a site like dropbox so I can take a look at the whole thing. That snippet appears to indicate issues with Tarsier Space Tech (only way to know for sure would be to try removing that and seeing if the KCT functions work properly) but I would like to see the whole log just to be sure there isn't something else going on somewhere else too. Thanks in advance :)

Awesome! I think with that and KCT's reconditioning disabled, KCT and Kerbal Konstructs should be functionally compatible.

Could you upload that file to a site like dropbox so I can take a look at the whole thing. That snippet appears to indicate issues with Tarsier Space Tech (only way to know for sure would be to try removing that and seeing if the KCT functions work properly) but I would like to see the whole log just to be sure there isn't something else going on somewhere else too. Thanks in advance :)

No problem. Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vw1o8rxzoxipv0/output_log.txt?dl=0

I don't typically like adding extra GUIs, but I can see about adding a general "Are you sure you want to do this?" for scrapping/resetting upgrades/etc. I haven't gotten a chance to do much work on the update recently unfortunately, so no promises on that being any time soon. At least the rebuild should only take a day or two for that ship! :sealed:

So I'm trying to find the best way to allow KCT to work with Kerbal Konstructs and I'm hitting a bit of a roadblock: it seems that you store the launch site when you queue up a build for a vessel and then restore that when you press "launch" on the crew select dialog which clears when KK has set as the current launch site. I was thinking maybe we could add a button to the VAB/SPH storage that only shows up when KK is installed to let the user choose what launch site that vessel should launch from.

If you want I could write the change and make a pull request but I thought I'd run it by you before I actually do it.

So I'm trying to find the best way to allow KCT to work with Kerbal Konstructs and I'm hitting a bit of a roadblock: it seems that you store the launch site when you queue up a build for a vessel and then restore that when you press "launch" on the crew select dialog which clears when KK has set as the current launch site. I was thinking maybe we could add a button to the VAB/SPH storage that only shows up when KK is installed to let the user choose what launch site that vessel should launch from.

If you want I could write the change and make a pull request but I thought I'd run it by you before I actually do it.

Feel free to! I don't have the time to do it myself right now, but if you do I'd gladly add it. Alternatively, a window that pops up when you press the launch button that allows you to choose your launch site. Whatever you prefer. If you'd rather I write it I can probably take the time to do so (since KCT is not written in the clearest way) but some "example code" or something like that may make it easier for me. Let me know what you prefer.

I don't typically like adding extra GUIs, but I can see about adding a general "Are you sure you want to do this?" for scrapping/resetting upgrades/etc. I haven't gotten a chance to do much work on the update recently unfortunately, so no promises on that being any time soon. At least the rebuild should only take a day or two for that ship! :sealed:

I understand your hesitancy to gum up the GUI. An option in settings to allow for an additional pop-up (opt-in) would be just fine. No rush or anything; like I said, it's the first time in months of use.

Feel free to! I don't have the time to do it myself right now, but if you do I'd gladly add it.

Alright cool, I'll see if I can get it working tomorrow.

If you'd rather I write it I can probably take the time to do so (since KCT is not written in the clearest way) but some "example code" or something like that may make it easier for me. Let me know what you prefer.

Don't worry about it, looking at your repo I'm pretty sure I already found out how I'm going to do it.

I have a problem playing with this mod

I am sorry if this is already asked before or I'm just being stupid.

It seems that I can't research anything when playing with this mod. The blue research button that is usually there is not there anymore :(. Here is a picLQfT11.png

Notice there is no research button that is usually located on the bottom left.

I play this mod with the Stage Recovery mod.

That's very strange. I don't see the node cost listed anywhere either. It works fine if you remove KCT and load the save? Could you get me the output_log file? (check the bottom of the first post to find out where it is). KCT doesn't directly interact with the GUI elements of the R&D center, but weirder things have happened as a result of bugs.