[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Edit: @Ippo Just go into the Time settings and change the mass listed in there for reconditioning time (you'll want to increase it by at least 3 fold I would imagine, but it might be better to go 4 fold or higher [so 200 tons or more]). A future version will also have a maximum time for reconditioning. It won't affect the current one (since the BP is already calculated) so if the current one bugs you you'll have to disable reconditioning, save the settings, then go back in and re-enable it. That will "clear" the current one (so, it's technically cheating but I think that's excusable in this case)

Sorry to be a bother: you mean I have to edit "ReconditioningEffect" in KCT_TimeSettings.txt, correct? I had no idea it was a mass :)

The default I found when I installed it was 1700: trying with 6000 now. Thank you for you help and your awesome work! :)

Sorry to be a bother: you mean I have to edit "ReconditioningEffect" in KCT_TimeSettings.txt, correct? I had no idea it was a mass :)

The default I found when I installed it was 1700: trying with 6000 now. Thank you for you help and your awesome work! :)

The in-game settings menu! The value in the config file isn't a mass actually, that's the BP per ton prior to the OverallMultiplier. So you'd want to decrease that value to 1/4 or whatever (ie, 425). In general when I mention settings I mean the in-game menu since it's the easiest/simplest way of changing them.

The in-game settings menu! The value in the config file isn't a mass actually, that's the BP per ton prior to the OverallMultiplier. So you'd want to decrease that value to 1/4 or whatever (ie, 425). In general when I mention settings I mean the in-game menu since it's the easiest/simplest way of changing them.

... I'm an idiot :P

I greatly enjoy your Mod for adding pacing to the game. (I am on day 400 and have not landed on Minmus yet. Normaly that mission starts on day right after the Mun landing on day one).

I also have a small wish: would it be possible to give the launchpad multiple slots (with upgradable restoration speed and mass limit)? This would enable some separation between big lauches, routine resupply missions and quick launches of miniature satellites .

I also have a small wish: would it be possible to give the launchpad multiple slots (with upgradable restoration speed and mass limit)? This would enable some separation between big lauches, routine resupply missions and quick launches of miniature satellites .

This would probably lend itself well as an upgrade when I redo those. I'll add it to the list.

magico13, gotta say, I have been loving the heck out of this mod. Also, with simulations, it has been drastically cutting down on my scavescumming tendencies. :D

Simulations ended up being a ridiculously useful feature when funds came out, which was a happy coincidence. I implemented it in the first release of mine (so, right after I took over, aka PreRelease 1) after spending several days building a craft that then couldn't make orbit. That didn't seem fair since I couldn't test it at all beforehand, thus simulations were created! They do need a bit of work to make them more game-y and some more features to make them even more powerful (primarily letting you start landed on another body), so those are on the roadmap.

im guessing theirs no support for kerbside ?

There is no direct support yet (though it is planned) but there also isn't anything explicitly preventing you from using the two together (and people actually do successfully). You have to set the launch site in the editor prior to pressing KCT's launch button and reconditioning doesn't make a whole lot of sense (so I recommend disabling it). I plan on adding some explicit support soon to let you choose the launch site prior to launch and maybe do some stuff with reconditioning or vessel rollout specifically for it.

I recently tried KCT with Kerbside (and by extension Kerbal Konstructs) and haven't had any problems between the two at all. With the current version of KK hovering over the button shows the currently selected launch site so it is easy to make sure it is set right before starting construction in KCT. Launches from the different sites do work properly for vessels that are set to be built at the various locations. :)

I'm liking the heads up on the future plans for more direct support as well ;)

The crashing sounds like it is unrelated to KCT itself and likely another mod or interaction with another mod causing a problem. I too have a huge number of mods and use opengl mode or KSP won't even load :P Don't have any crashes after simulations. When you get a crash after a simulation posting your output_log.txt file would be useful in finding what exactly is going.

I like this idea as well, but I'd like to suggest that (even though Squad's KSC only shows one pad) they be treated as if they were separate launch pads at the launch complex, the way KSC (the other one) was designed. The launch complex allowed for five launchpads, pad 39A through E. Only B and C (renamed as A) were actually built, though there is a stub in the crawlerway where it was originally planned to continue to the (original)A, D, and E launchpads.

I like this idea as well, but I'd like to suggest that (even though Squad's KSC only shows one pad) they be treated as if they were separate launch pads at the launch complex, the way KSC (the other one) was designed.

That was the plan! In GitHub Issue #12 where I talk about rollout time and reconditioning I added a comment discussing my ideas for what additional "launch slots" would mean. In short, they'll be alternate upgradable launchpads with their own rollout, reconditioning, and maximum mass limitations.

Any plans on FMRS support? Would be great to be able to use these two mods together, but since both mess around with savegames I suppose it's asking for trouble, right?

There's been some discussion regarding FMRS in the past and JeffreyCor had tested FMRS with KCT's simulations. He found that the two definitely did not work properly during simulations, causing pretty gamebreaking bugs. Normal flight wasn't tested but I imagine it wouldn't be nearly as bugged, but there may be issues with KCT's parachute based recovery mechanics. I plan on adding a setting to disable the parachute based recovery, which I need to add to the GitHub issues so I don't forget.

I was wondering, will this mod run with Realism Overhaul? I don't think there will be any issues, but I though that it will be best if I asked :)

I haven't personally tested it yet, and multiple launch sites aren't explicitly supported yet, but I am working on an update that adds support for RSS' different KSCs so that each one acts independently with different build lists, vessel storage, and launchpad reconditioning. I was hoping to finish that over the weekend, but haven't had time to test any of the changes yet with an actual RSS install.

NathanKell would know better than me how well this works currently with RSS/RO since I'm assuming he's been playing around with them lately.

It should work as-is, but it might not function exactly as expected or desired. All the KSCs will be treated as one single one in KCT using the current version.

Any plans on FMRS support? Would be great to be able to use these two mods together, but since both mess around with savegames I suppose it's asking for trouble, right?

Yes and no. The problem isn't with the savegames but with some weird internal things happening. "Gamebreaking" is a bit mild in this case, the conflict at times actually destroyed both Kerbin and Mun! :0.0: Tests on actual flights have been more limited but have been more successful. As long as you make a manual save first there is no reason not to give it a shot. Do not however, not to use FMRS shifts during a KCT simulation! This confuses the heck out of everything and makes your simulation into a real flight and when things go wrong sadness results.

Just want to say that KCT rocks. I love the way it changes the "gameplay loop." Instead of one loop where you go contract -> build -> mission -> reward -> contract in Career mode; I'm going through multiple of those those loops simultaneously. Juggling all those balls feels awesome and really enhances the "space center manager" experience.

Just want to say that KCT rocks. I love the way it changes the "gameplay loop." Instead of one loop where you go contract -> build -> mission -> reward -> contract in Career mode; I'm going through multiple of those those loops simultaneously. Juggling all those balls feels awesome and really enhances the "space center manager" experience.

I'm gonna be really unprofessional for a moment and laugh about the juggling balls comment, then I'm going to thank you for your post. I like hearing about how KCT has influenced how people play, especially with the recent discussions about KCT-like elements maybe eventually being integrated into the Stock game. Unfortunately the developers don't see time as a valuable resource and gameplay mechanic, so hopefully we can show them otherwise ;)

Also, I'm so annoyingly close to getting RSS support working but I need to do some more tests and fix a few bugs. Not having any trouble getting the current KSC from RSS thankfully (except when first loading a save, in which case the value is empty. I either have to poll it again at a later time [assuming it's no longer empty] or I'll have to advise everyone to go into the tracking station before doing anything else). I seem to be losing track of which KSC is the active one when entering the VAB (likely just me clearing the active one on scene change and not loading it properly) but I just need to play with it some more. I should probably save which KSC is the active one when changing scenes/exiting the game and then setting that one active on scene change or game load. That'd likely fix all of those issues and is easy to do.

I love this plugin and his idea. Not yet tested and see that already have a way to recover any vessel that i land all together.

But i would love to have like a garage build on the plugin (i could leave my done vehicles on side of runway, but the fps would be crazy slow), i the mater that i can reutilize any ship i already have "parked", not rebuild it "for free" with the spare parts i get back.

There are a little diference in it.

And implement to that the ability to do like you did on the launchpad, to recondition and repair SSTO, planes, Shuttles that already had been used.

But is only an idea, the plugins is already great!

Thank you by your insight!

@Climberfx If I understand you correctly I believe you are asking for the ability to use ships as-is when recovering them. Currently implemented is the part inventory, which will make any ships you recover and rebuild take minimal time compared to a new one (to represent refueling and reconditioning of the vessel). However, there is a planned feature to let you recover ships directly to the inventory (see this GitHub issue) which may be closer to what you are describing.

I can confirm RSS support is working and the new save system isn't COMPLETELY broken! I've handed off a very, very rough beta to JeffreyCor for testing and will likely be getting something out later this week for the rest of you. It isn't quite version 1.1 since there's not much in terms of new features (despite a massive internal rewrite of the save system), but I will get started on that this weekend (starting with rollout time, then recovering to the inventory, and finishing up with something for procedural parts support).

I love this plugin and his idea. Not yet tested and see that already have a way to recover any vessel that i land all together.

But i would love to have like a garage build on the plugin (i could leave my done vehicles on side of runway, but the fps would be crazy slow), i the mater that i can reutilize any ship i already have "parked", not rebuild it "for free" with the spare parts i get back.

There are a little diference in it.

And implement to that the ability to do like you did on the launchpad, to recondition and repair SSTO, planes, Shuttles that already had been used.

But is only an idea, the plugins is already great!

Thank you by your insight!

You could also try out the hanger mod ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88933-0-25-0-Hangar-v1-3-0 )