[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

but I'm not totally sure why you would need to buy 30 upgrades..

For me, its because I want to just keep PERPETUALLY buying more upgrades forever, making my construction faster and to earn more science from construction itself.

That should be an issue only after 29 upgrades (plus or minus one if my math is faulty) because that will cause an integer overflow, then again all math being parsed by KCT uses doubles and not integers (though theres probably a cast to an integer in the GUI code, maybe in the actual code as well). Can you verify for me at what amount it rolls over?

A simple fix is to use a larger integer (64 bit ints can be quite large, over 9 quintillion) but I'm not totally sure why you would need to buy 30 upgrades.

Also, that should hit the maximum value fairly quickly (7 upgrades).

I did hit max cost, but with career being the way it is, Im unlocking the whole tech tree early and still having tons of science on hand. 30 sounds about right for science upgrades.

I like building large rockets very quickly...

I have the worst bug report ever.

1. Start with a fresh copy of KSP 0.90.

2. Install MechJeb 2.4.2.0, Procedural Fairings 3.11, Kerbal Construction Time 1.1.2 and Tweakable Everything 1.8, all by the prescribed drag-and-drop-to-GameData method.

3. Launch KSP and start a new sandbox game. Dismiss the Kerbal Construction Time start-of-game dialog box; its settings are irrelevant. Go to the VAB.

4. As your root part choose an "Interstage Fairing Adapter" from Procedural Fairings. (It's in the Aerodynamics section.)

5. From the Pods section, choose a "Mechanical Jeb Pod version 2.0" part and attach it to either of the upper nodes on the interstage fairing adapter. (The adapter has two nodes; one floats above it and the other is on its upper surface. Both nodes lead to the same behavior so pick whichever is convenient.)

6. Right-click the interstage fairing adapter. With the right-click menu up, attempt to move the camera around by the right-click-and-drag method of orbiting. Note the extreme lag in the scene. If you maneuver the camera to the right angle to see the trucks moving around in the background, you'll see they're moving at just a few frames a second. This persists until you dismiss the right-click menu.

The reason I'm posting this here is because this behavior disappears if I do this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple],!MODULE[ProceduralFairingAdapter]]:FOR[TweakableEverything]:NEEDS[TweakableStaging]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleTweakableDecouple
decouplerModuleName = ModuleDecouple
}
}

In other words, the behavior only appears if ModuleTweakableDecouple is on ProceduralFairingAdapter … and then it only appears if one of the parts connected to the adapter's nodes has MechJebCore on it … and then it only appears if Kerbal Construction Time is installed. (Which is why I'm copy-pasting this message into the Kerbal Construction Time thread as well.)

"Harrell, where is your log file?" There's nothing in the log file.. I know, right? This kind of behavior you'd expect to be related to a zillion null reference exceptions (or whatever) flooding into the log file, but nope. Here's the whole shebang, from the start of the VAB scene:

[WRN 10:35:01.316] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to EDITOR (Async) =====================
[LOG 10:35:02.012] Parsing string
[LOG 10:35:02.751] No Input Locks in effect right now
[LOG 10:35:02.904] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'KCT_VABEditor' from assembly 'KerbalConstructionTime'
[LOG 10:35:02.904] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'KCT_SPHEditor' from assembly 'KerbalConstructionTime'
[LOG 10:35:02.905] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'EditorScreenMessager' from assembly 'ProceduralFairings'
[LOG 10:35:02.923] ------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------
[LOG 10:35:02.923] editor started
[WRN 10:35:03.011] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.011] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.012] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.013] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.013] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.014] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.014] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.015] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.015] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.016] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.016] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called Unresearcheable
[WRN 10:35:03.016] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called Unresearcheable
[WRN 10:35:03.017] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.017] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called
[WRN 10:35:03.017] [RDTechTree]: No tech node found called Unresearcheable
[WRN 10:35:03.025] BorderedTilingSpriteMesh: Mesh has 300 or more vertices and might not be dynamically batched!
[WRN 10:35:03.025] BorderedTilingSpriteMesh: Mesh has 300 or more vertices and might not be dynamically batched!
[LOG 10:35:03.076] 2/11/2015 10:35:03 AM,KerbalConstructionTime-KACWrapper,Attempting to Grab KAC Types...
[LOG 10:35:03.082] 2/11/2015 10:35:03 AM,KerbalConstructionTime-KACWrapper,Attempting to Grab KAC Types...
[WRN 10:35:03.115] HighlightingSystem : Framebuffer depth data is not available and can't be used to occlude highlighting. Highlighting occluders enabled.
[LOG 10:35:03.845] [KAE] Registering field prefabs for version 1.7.2.0 (latest)
[LOG 10:35:03.846] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit
[LOG 10:35:03.847] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionFloatEdit
[LOG 10:35:03.850] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption
[LOG 10:35:03.850] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionChooseOption
[LOG 10:35:03.851] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionLabelImproved_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionLabelImproved
[LOG 10:35:03.852] [VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionResourceEditorImproved_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.UIPartActionResourceEditorImproved
[LOG 10:35:03.859] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 10:35:20.770] Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent
[ERR 10:35:24.328] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 10:35:24.362] Parsing vector2
[LOG 10:35:24.362] Parsing double
[LOG 10:35:24.366] Parsing vector2
[LOG 10:35:24.366] Parsing double
[LOG 10:35:26.910] Parsing vector2
[LOG 10:35:26.910] Parsing double
[LOG 10:35:26.914] Parsing vector2
[LOG 10:35:26.914] Parsing double
[LOG 10:35:26.916] Parsing vector2
[LOG 10:35:26.916] Parsing double
[LOG 10:35:26.917] Parsing vector2

Not a peep of an error. So I'm stumped. It's taken me a lot of debugging time to narrow the problem down this far, to this bizarre intersection of Kerbal Construction Time, Procedural Fairings, Tweakable Everything and (of all things) MechJeb. So as to where to go from here, I'm at a loss.

I really want to use Kerbal Construction Time, I refuse to play without Tweakable Everything (I'm too spoiled by it by now), and I think I can live without having ModuleTweakableDecouple on PF's interstage adapters. So I think I'm going to try that workaround. But I'd really love it if a proper fix for this weird thing could be found. I consider these to be four of my most-favored mods, and I really want them all in my game at the same time.

Let me know if I can help.

Noticed something today, I designed a plane in sandbox, then imported the save file to my career, KCT allows me to build the plane, launch and fly, but, if I try to simulate it, KCT stops me and says invalid part, and its correct, I didn't realize I had missed researching one part, but it will still allow me to build the plane, even though I don't have that part researched. Minor issue, just passing it on.

Side effect of how simulations are handled vs. launches. Simulations go through the official stock editor checks but builds don't. The reason I didn't disable builds for craft with unresearched parts is because of part testing contracts. As soon as you start researching the node the part you need to test is in, you lose access to it unless you've got a craft with the part on it saved. When I can get around that, I'll lock down builds, but it's a low priority.

One suggestion - add some sort of estimate for how many day's worth of builds I have queued up in the VAB/SPH queues.

That should be possible to do. It'll be a rough estimate though, since things can sometimes get recalculated and with the different build rates I'll have to do some math trickery to get semi-accurate estimates.

I did hit max cost, but with career being the way it is, Im unlocking the whole tech tree early and still having tons of science on hand. 30 sounds about right for science upgrades.

I like building large rockets very quickly...

Which things specifically are rolling over to negatives? Is it just buying upgrades with science and/or funds? Or are there multiples? I'll see what I can do about them.

Let me know if I can help.

Someone had alerted me to a similar issue on reddit. Here is a link to the github issue about it: link. We've got a potential solution set up in the dev build, but it's untested. If you would be willing to try out a potentially unstable build (new features aren't working correctly, but normal gameplay would be fine) I'd love to have that fix get tested (direct link to the .dll, link to the build server and change log. For reference, the current released version corresponds to build number 50)

Small feature request please, is there any chance of making "random selection" and "automatically hire new applicants" at the launch screen, (or whatever they are called... the two littble boxes that appear when you select the crew") - persistent?

At the moment, you have to reselect everytime you restart the game, it's not a big deal, just one of those "would be nice" things.

Is this why i lag to hell and back when i'm adjusting procedural wings? Same exact symptons, but i don't have to load them first or anything, Just manipulating them causes extreme lag.

Is this why i lag to hell and back when i'm adjusting procedural wings? Same exact symptons, but i don't have to load them first or anything, Just manipulating them causes extreme lag.

Probably. Do you have tweakable everything installed as well, since people were reporting that as being needed to get the lag. If you use the latest development version from the build server then you should see that lag pretty much eliminated.

I'm on my phone and links aren't working right, so here it is: http://magico13.net:8080/job/Kerbal%20Construction%20Time%20Development/

Small feature request please, is there any chance of making "random selection" and "automatically hire new applicants" at the launch screen, (or whatever they are called... the two littble boxes that appear when you select the crew") - persistent?

At the moment, you have to reselect everytime you restart the game, it's not a big deal, just one of those "would be nice" things.

The best way to get feature requests noticed would be to post them on the issues page on github. :D

not sure what happened, but after i got a bsod while in a simulation i can't launch, this happens everytime, i haven't tried making a new simulation though...

screenshot7.png

if i press esc then the vessel goes into orbit, but all bugged out pretty much like danny videos, making kerbin and physics disappear... however i'm still able to fly vessels already in flight, i've made this station after experiencing the bug for the first time, i thought it had something to do with the fact that i had 20 vessels in flight, but assembling and reducing to 13 flights didn't change a thing

screenshot6_1.png

here's the log just in case: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58212317/output_log%20%286%29.txt

TIA! :)

not sure what happened, but after i got a bsod while in a simulation i can't launch, this happens everytime, i haven't tried making a new simulation though...

Well, this seems to be the problem:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ShipConstruct.LoadShip (.ConfigNode root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipConstruction.LoadShip (System.String filePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

which indicates to me that maybe the craft information got corrupted somehow. Hopefully it's just local to that craft. You might be able to scrap it and rebuild it still. Have you tried launching a brand new ship, rather than one from storage? I would suggest doing that and also trying a new simulation. Could you go into the KCT settings and turn on the "Enable Debugging" setting for me, that way the log will contain more KCT specific info should you send me another. Thanks!

One other thing, it might just be that the simulation backup file hadn't loaded (since you went from space center to flight directly) so I'd try loading up the VAB or SPH first, then going back to the Space Center and launching.

i've did what you said, but i couldn't find a KCT specific log, so here's the latest ksp log (with KCT debug enabled): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58212317/output_log%20%287%29.txt

i've made a few simulations before launching the game again without a single issue, but that didn't keep the stored vessel from glitching again... that happens with at least other 2 vehicles in storage... could it be that the bsod i got corrupted my save? because it messed up with launchcountdown and mechjeb, i had to reinstall both because the bsod f#%@!$ with both, my firefox, and i suspect that other mods could have been messed up aswell, i've even reinstalled kct thinking it could fix this issue but the result was the same... :(

Can you upload your save file? I'm afraid it's corrupted but I'm not really sure.

If you build a new vessel can you launch that one? Do other saves work properly?

Thanks for enabling the KCT Debug messages. There isn't a separate log, it just adds some more messages to the main log to help with debugging. The one you've been uploading is the correct log to use.

Unfortunately reinstalling KCT probably won't help if the save file is corrupted, since the data will still be there. You may have to manually delete the appropriate sections of the save file, or if you upload it I can do that for you. Like I mentioned previously, you may be able to "scrap" the corrupted vessels to get your parts and funds back, then rebuild them (which wouldn't take too long since you'd have the parts in the inventory) since that doesn't need all the craft info to work. But it does require that the craft file is mostly complete, so it might not work either.

Could you also make sure that there is a temp.craft file in the "saves/(SAVEGAME)/Ships" folder? It could be that your antivirus is preventing the file that KCT makes from being created. If that file is there, can you upload it as well?

Trying to use the latest DLL hosted here and having problems w/ Kerbal Construction Time. The icon is blank white in the toolbar and the "simulate" option is not available on launch. This is with default settings on a new save file. I have many other mods that could be interfering. Unfortunately this was last night and I have since deleted the log file (also it was very long because of a different error). I'll post my output log file if I try KCT again.

here they are:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58212317/temp.craft

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58212317/persistent.sfs

i'm suspecting too that it got corrupted by the bsod, i've made a new install with a new save and everything works... i'm gonna call this save "Brasília", not only for being corrupted but because it also screwed my space program ;.;

Trying to use the latest DLL hosted here and having problems w/ Kerbal Construction Time. The icon is blank white in the toolbar and the "simulate" option is not available on launch. This is with default settings on a new save file. I have many other mods that could be interfering. Unfortunately this was last night and I have since deleted the log file (also it was very long because of a different error). I'll post my output log file if I try KCT again.

Definitely sounds like something didn't load properly. If you didn't see the "First Start" window when you loaded up the save then KCT didn't load correctly. Chances are it was another mod having an error that then broke the OnLoad event, or possibly Anti Virus software preventing the .dll from loading. The white texture could be a result of Active Texture Management possibly? Or just an incorrect install (just merge the GameData folder in the zip with the one in the KSP folder).

Please send me the log if you get the chance. Thanks!

i'm suspecting too that it got corrupted by the bsod, i've made a new install with a new save and everything works... i'm gonna call this save "Brasília", not only for being corrupted but because it also screwed my space program ;.;

It's hard to parse everything by hand since there's 675 thousand lines in the save file, but from what I can tell I don't see any obvious issues. I'm not sure what's going on. The craft appear intact in the save, so I'd suggest trying to scrap them and rebuild them and see if that works. You'll lose some time, but at least your save should work.

Also, I'd try (perhaps even before scrapping the ships), to turn off build times in the settings and just launching a craft the "stock" way to make sure that doesn't have the same issue. If that has the issue then the save is definitely messed up. If it doesn't, then it's probably just that the vessels in storage need rebuilt. Hopefully it's as simple as that.

sorry for the extra work :blush:

btw, i've tested them and it seems that the install itself got corrupted, when i load the ships on the VAB they completely mess up, i have no flag (it is changed for a little kerbal, like when you load a ship that doesn't have all parts) and the stages doesn't load correctly, on a separate install with the same main mods and the very same vessel that doesn't occur though... seems like it was my install all along, sorry about that :blush:

Hi, I've just tried this mod for the first time, and I can't launch anything. The "simulate" option works just fine, but in the "Build List" window, I only have 3 buttons: "VAB", SPH" and "Tech". There's no "VAB Storage" from where I could launch, as indicated in the Getting Starting Guide.

Is there a problem with my install? I do have a few other mods working: Mechjeb, DRE, EVE, KWRocketry, TAC Life Support and a bunch of Nert's parts packs.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. The option to launch is only available at the KSC scene, not inside the VAB; it's a bit unintuitive... :-P

Edited by Parkaboy

seems like it was my install all along, sorry about that :blush:

I'm sorry that you had to go through all that trouble, but hopefully it's working correctly now!

Hi, I've just tried this mod for the first time, and I can't launch anything.

Nevermind, I figured it out. The option to launch is only available at the KSC scene, not inside the VAB; it's a bit unintuitive... :-P

Yeah, the intuitiveness of the design will be improved at some point since there's a lot of windows and things are a bit of a mess :/ The build list viewable in the editor is pretty much just for viewing things and I only added it because a few people requested it. I forget it's there honestly :P You can launch from the KSC or from Flight. You used to be able to launch from the Tracking Station but that doesn't currently work properly (it has a habit of starting your vessel 50 meters off the ground for some reason)

The build list viewable in the editor is pretty much just for viewing things and I only added it because a few people requested it. I forget it's there honestly

I use the VAB/SPH build list to quickly scrap things.

Wish I could shift-click or [mod]-click on the up/down arrows to move things in larger increments (or push things to the top/bottom of the list with a single click).

That's likely because KCT checks what the vessel's launch location is to determine which queue it is supposed to go into. Specifically it checks to see if it will launch at "LaunchPad" to go into the VAB and anything else goes to the SPH. If Kerbal Konstructs has different names like that that actually control where to launch, then I hopefully will be able to easily allow the user to pick a launch location later, but I'll have to do a bit of rework to determine which list to put the vessel in.

Any news on this?

Any news on this?

Unfortunately, no. I haven't had much time to work on KCT lately due to school, and what time I have spent has been for bug fixes and some new features. I looked into adding some support for Kerbal Konstructs but the stuff I'd have to access would be difficult to get at without a hard dependency (but there are options). With that said, Kerbal Konstructs does work with this, but it will use whatever launch site you last selected in the VAB/SPH, so it just requires some extra scene changes.

Now that I think of it, I could probably eliminate a scene change by letting you launch from the editor if the ship is already on the pad and ready to go.

Edit: To avoid double posting, I'll just edit this. I added the launch button to the editor, but didn't test it. I did however FINALLY get building upgrades to have a time requirement and it appears to be working properly :D So that's in the dev build now. Only thing left to do is a bug fix or two, add the building upgrades to the settings and build list (and restrict them to career mode), probably add some more options for KAC alarms, and get launching craft that are recovered to the inventory working properly. I might get some time tomorrow to work on this, so hopefully I can have a suitable prerelease within the next week that isn't just a bunch of random things thrown together. I'm pretty sure the current dev version is functional and mostly bug free, but not quite suitable for normal play just yet. Once I get it stable enough, I'll let JeffreyCor break it as much as possible (and anyone else who wants to test), then release it.

Sadly, it's not super packed with features; it's mostly bug fixes. As many of you know, I'm in my first year of graduate school, so free time is not something I have a lot of, and when I do get it I'd rather relax instead of spending more time debugging code (my research involves molecular dynamics simulations that I've written myself, so I often have to hunt down bugs in it)

Edited by magico13

Would it be possible to do a non-KK and a KK based version of KCT? So those that need it can launch from other places, and those that like using stock facilities can use KCT without KK dependancy? Just throwing out an idea, don't know if that would break anything between versions, my knowledge on mod making is pretty limited.

Whatever the case, I'm loving this mod, and can't wait to see what else you put in it. I am eager to see the non-KSC launch get easier to do, though. I plan on starting a new playthrough next month, and want to focus using different launch stations in it. Keep up the good work!