[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

One thing that's helped me in the past is adding -force-opengl as a parameter to my KSP shortcut. Dramatically cuts down on memory usage and I haven't seen any change in performance (although admittedly I haven't rigorously tested it, just haven't noticed anything while normally playing).

This is the only way that KSP 32bit is stable enough to run more then 2 mods. You don't even need ATM once you switch to OpenGL mode.

I run VAB lines at: 1.5, 1.4, 1.2, 1.2, 1.0, 1.0. I almost always end up running 5-6 VAB lines to keep up with production.

Development - 2.0 or 2.5

Research - 4 or 8

I'll cross-post here as I'm not sure if its KCT or CrewQ that is the problem - but even with "Allow crew on vacation to take part in missions" turned off - KCT allows you to place Kerbs who are on vacation on board a built vessel.

It does however place the kerbals on vacation to the bottom of the list, but doesn't give any indication of why.

This is the only way that KSP 32bit is stable enough to run more then 2 mods. You don't even need ATM once you switch to OpenGL mode.

I run VAB lines at: 1.5, 1.4, 1.2, 1.2, 1.0, 1.0. I almost always end up running 5-6 VAB lines to keep up with production.

Development - 2.0 or 2.5

Research - 4 or 8

Not the only way. I run about 80 mods without opengl. I do ddsify everything. I used to use opengl but it disabled AA filtering and shadows completely.

I'll cross-post here as I'm not sure if its KCT or CrewQ that is the problem - but even with "Allow crew on vacation to take part in missions" turned off - KCT allows you to place Kerbs who are on vacation on board a built vessel.

It does however place the kerbals on vacation to the bottom of the list, but doesn't give any indication of why.

Enneract, the CrewQ author is the one who implemented the support in KCT, so maybe he wanted it that way for some reason. I'll add it to my to do list to make it so vacationing kerbals can't be sent on missions

i was trying to develop a 2.5m in my carreer rocket capable to recover every single component (except for some fairings or decoupler), and i simulated the lauch.

the plan was to lauch it out of the atmosphere, and than detach the payload and circularize with the second stage. when the payload reaches orbit, i switch to the first stage, that is still out of the atmophere, re-enter and land safely.

but as soon as i stry to switch the rocket explodes

look at the alitude

261fex3.png

2ahups6.png

i don't know if the problem is of the mod (because i did this in a simulation), or is the rocket itself.

P.S.

sorry if there are a lot of grammatic errors, i'm not english, i'm italian

I've observed similar things myself. It appears that switching vessels during a simulation causes everything to go haywire. I want to revamp simulations soon (maybe next update, maybe the update after) but I might not get around to fixing this bug until then, sorry :(

Does anyone else have issues using the fill tank option with procedural tanks? It also isn't working with realfuels either. Just wondered if this is a know issue. I can't go back to 1 million tanks for 1 purpose to much ram wasted and ill never give this mod up, so I wanted to see if this was something that could be easily fixed. Thanks!

The fill tanks option pulls values as if you placed a new part, so I can see how that would have issues with procedural parts. I might be able to add a workaround to just fill those parts completely (but resources that should be initially empty will get filled, even in cases where you can't fill in the editor)

The fill tanks option pulls values as if you placed a new part, so I can see how that would have issues with procedural parts. I might be able to add a workaround to just fill those parts completely (but resources that should be initially empty will get filled, even in cases where you can't fill in the editor)

I figured it would be a pretty standard and expected issue. I don't really mind now that I figured it out was the first few times I didn't notice and had a jet in the air with almost empty tanks. So its only a convenience issue. If you can't find a nice clean way to make it happen then just save yourself the effort and just mention it in the OP for all those in the future like me. I think that would be enough for me. Thanks for the great support!

Enneract, the CrewQ author is the one who implemented the support in KCT, so maybe he wanted it that way for some reason. I'll add it to my to do list to make it so vacationing kerbals can't be sent on missions

I'm sorry ignore me, the problem exists between the keyboard and the chair. I misread the option, and turned on allowing vacationing crews on missions. With the options set correctly it works fine ;)

Also, I finally watched Scott Manleys KCT video. I think the problem is, he focuses on the early game. I have to say, he makes it look a little dry. It's also not so much about KCT, as it is about him messing around over KSC. Yes, there is a whole lot of time warping at first, as you can't do much. I can't help but feel that KCT would have been perfect for Interstellar quest (especially as he made himself wait a week between launches!) - He actually mentions it indirectly in an early episode, then never uses it!

You asked for a KCT story/testimonial so here it is:

First let me start by saying that I turn half the features off.... I always turn tech unlock off, and (until this current game) I turn off reconditioning/rollouts. Thats the great thing about KCT though, it's 100% customisable. You can waste as much, or as little time as you like.

It took me 200 days to reach Mun on my current save. I'm now on day 344, and I've got 22 flights in progress at this time, and another 5 being built. Every mission is an epic quest, a sense of accomplishment when it's completed, you've (literally) invested days/weeks/years into each mission.

For me, it stops me being overwhelmed. I've got all 13 available contracts on by board, each one of them is being flown/built SIMULTANEOUSLY. Who can honestly say they can work on every single contract 100% of the time in stock? KCT allows me to queue missions up, go and do something else and come back to it. It's like working a massive space program.

My Story: I have a mission to deploy a space station in Minmus Orbit. The mission has 10 days left... I know it's going to take me 7 to get to Minmus, and I have never built this craft before (no parts in storage except for the launcher.) I build my craft, and KCT tells me it's going to take 2 days 4 hours to build the craft. I bump it to the top of the queue. Eventually we launch, and get to Minmus. I pull into the required orbit with 1 hour to spare! At that moment, I felt a little bit of what the guys at NASA must have felt the day they got Apollo 11 touched down on the Moon. I had accomplished the impossible.

Edited by severedsolo

I have a request to make if it isn't too much or too difficult to make. When Editing a already built craft and in the simulation for it. I would like a button for save edit from within the sim as you have build it. I thought that build it may take that function when in a editing of a already built craft simulation, but was disappointed to see it just built a copy. Again just convenience issues so low priority if you have other plans or issues, but figured why not mention it as someday you may just be looking for the little things to add/tweak. HAve I mentioned lately how much I enjoy this mod ;)

P.S.

If I had the ability to make your graphic for you all i'd ask in return is a t-shirt of it if that is what you plan to make.

When Editing a already built craft and in the simulation for it. I would like a button for save edit from within the sim as you have build it.

P.S.

If I had the ability to make your graphic for you all i'd ask in return is a t-shirt of it if that is what you plan to make.

Yeah, that button should probably do that instead. Slipped my mind since I don't use it frequently. Shouldn't be too hard to get that to work properly. I'll add an issue on github for it so I don't forget, thanks!

As for the graphic, I am planning on printing it on a tshirt (through whatever internet company will print pictures on a shirt for relatively low prices). I'd certainly be willing to purchase one for whoever makes the graphic or just pay them an equivalent amount of money (~$15-$20), but if they want something like that I'd like to see previous works (I don't want anyone to do a bunch of work and then I don't choose that one, meaning they don't get paid. That would suck for them). I'd also like to have a forum banner that has a bit more going on rather than a plain/transparent background.

If/when someone does take up the offer, I'll make sure the image is available if people want to use it for their own shirts/etc. That does mean whatever artist does it has to be willing to let there be some freedom with the image(s), but I'll make sure to credit them anywhere I use them.

I have spent points in the VAB upgrades so Rate 1 is 1BP/s, Rate 2 is 0.7BP/s. I have 1 point available. The button to get Rate 3 is not there, it just says Rate 3 0BP/s. Am I missing something? Shouldn't there be a button to allow me to upgrade Rate 3 with 0.2BP/s?

I have spent points in the VAB upgrades so Rate 1 is 1BP/s, Rate 2 is 0.7BP/s. I have 1 point available. The button to get Rate 3 is not there, it just says Rate 3 0BP/s. Am I missing something? Shouldn't there be a button to allow me to upgrade Rate 3 with 0.2BP/s?

It should be 0.15 actually. What level is the VAB at (in terms of the stock upgrade system). If it's at the lowest level then everything is correct. If it's higher than that then I need to fix something. It should be 4 rates after the first VAB upgrade.

Ah okay. I must have missed that it depends on the VAB level. I still have 11 days to go until the VAB is level 2.

Thanks for the quick reply and the great mods you've made. Since I started my new game with Kerbal Construction Time, StageRecovery and Field Experience I've had a blast.

It was a kind of unnanounced feature that I added in last moment but didn't get a chance to put in the change log. A sort of test demonstration of limiting the number of build rates based on upgrade level purely through the use of a mathematical formula (specifically the sign function). You can do some crazy stuff with the KCT_Formulas.cfg file.

Got the popup for failing to load KCT data. Per it's instructions, here's my log: http://puu.sh/hl6Wq/fe72b7b349.log

Here's what happened: I launched a satellite, with another sitting in the inventory. From the flight scene, I rolled out the second sat and tried to launch it (quicksaving right before I hit launch). Everything went kinda wonky; the scene didn't load right. I attempted to load the quicksave, and after the quicksave "loaded" the flightscene was still screwy and the message appeared. This report will probably be useless since I'm running 100 mods and the root cause most likely wasn't KCT but you(r mod) asked for it so here it is.

EDIT: Ah crap, here's another one:http://puu.sh/hl8xU/1f10026d3d.log

After I restarted the game, everything seemed fine. My second sat was ready to launch, so i launched it. Everything went off without a hitch until I returned to the space center when I got the popup again.

Edited by Rybec

It's hard to tell what exactly is going wrong, but if I had to guess it could be Contract Configurator related. At least when it encounters an error during loading it tends to break other things as well and it's encountering several errors for what appears to be different reasons. Like I said, it's hard to tell for sure what's breaking first since there are a lot of errors from a lot of mods being thrown.

I really hate to say Contract Configurator, but I'm pretty sure that's Contract Configurator related (apparently in conjunction with a Remote Tech pack and a planet mod pack) :/ Whenever you see an error that ends with

at ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

it's 9 times out of 10 breaking the OnLoad for every mod that comes after it, which triggers the popup in KCT since KCT never got a chance to load its data.

ArgumentException: 'Oorma' is not a valid CelestialBody.
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.RemoteTech.RemoteTechProgressTracker.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks for the help dianosing!

No problem! That's why I put the message in in the first place ;) I'd rather get reports and users know that something is borked and things aren't going to work properly, before they try to do things and it doesn't get saved or gets corrupted.

Notes/Warnings about 1.0:

1) It'll take a little while to get things updated. It's a big KSP update, undoubtedly half the code base of KCT won't work anymore, and I'll need to take some time to get it all sorted out. It shouldn't be more than a few days hopefully, but I'm also not planning on adding any new features (but will try to do some bug fixes).

2) Parachute based recovery of things will REQUIRE StageRecovery. Sorry, but it doesn't make sense for me to keep maintaining both systems, and SR's code is better anyway. Plus, the changes in 1.0 will likely require revamping that code anyway and I'd rather not do it twice (especially since KCT's version of the code is outdated). If you don't care about parachute based recovery, you won't have to use StageRecovery, so it's a soft dependency. And if you really like the flat rate system rather than SR's variable rate, SR also includes the flat rate model as an option.

3) StageRecovery will get updated first, then KCT. SR has a larger userbase and simpler code, so it makes more sense to update it first. KCT will follow immediately afterward. SR should be updated within 2 days unless 1.0 forces a huge rewrite, KCT should be a few days after that, or quicker if 1.0 doesn't change too much for me.

If anyone from Squad is reading this, I'd love to get access to the Assembly-CSharp.dll and UnityEngine.dll for 1.0 early so I can sort most of this out over the weekend and before I go back to work, that way I can just make some final changes on Monday/Tuesday and get things out faster ;)

Devs plz we(I) need this!

Thanks magico for being an amazing dev! I couldn't see KSP being as good without your hard work. Hope the update goes smoothly, and maybe better than before with 1.0 improvements?

I really hate to say Contract Configurator, but I'm pretty sure that's Contract Configurator related (apparently in conjunction with a Remote Tech pack and a planet mod pack) :/

I've raised [#197] for the specific issue with uninstalling a planet pack and [#196] for more generalized exception handling for my ScenarioModules (which I added for the contract load/save a long time ago, but forgot the ScenarioModules). That way magico13 won't have to debug my stuff anymore. Thanks for that. :D