[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

I've raised [#197] for the specific issue with uninstalling a planet pack and [#196] for more generalized exception handling for my ScenarioModules (which I added for the contract load/save a long time ago, but forgot the ScenarioModules). That way magico13 won't have to debug my stuff anymore. Thanks for that. :D

Hey NG awesome to hear I meant to get that posted or at least linked in your thread since your always fixing CC and I mean that in the best way possible. That takes dedication! Sorry i did though. Love CC, but here hoping squad learned from it like they did fineprint. I look forward to your fix to save my weeks old career that I took the planet pack out of. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Also logs on my post about that problem are still valid if you need them for debugging.

Hey NG awesome to hear I meant to get that posted or at least linked in your thread since your always fixing CC and I mean that in the best way possible. That takes dedication! Sorry i did though. Love CC, but here hoping squad learned from it like they did fineprint. I look forward to your fix to save my weeks old career that I took the planet pack out of. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Also logs on my post about that problem are still valid if you need them for debugging.

No problem, I usually find out about these issues anyway. As far as fixing your save, I sent you a PM, rather than continuing our off-topic discussion on the KCT thread. :)

No problem, I usually find out about these issues anyway. As far as fixing your save, I sent you a PM, rather than continuing our off-topic discussion on the KCT thread. :)

Thanks for taking a look at those. Sorry I didn't report them to you myself, I've been pretty busy lately and I wasn't 100% sure that Contract Configurator was directly at fault since I didn't get a chance to do a 100% thorough search through the logs. You've also been really on top of bug fixes so I wasn't sure if the issues people were seeing had already been fixed or not and they just weren't fully updated. Contract Configurator is pretty much how I expected the stock contracts system was going to work when they said it was going to be moddable, so thanks for making custom contracts not a giant pain to create ;)

Small bug. B9 airbrake don't get reset after recovery. They start deployed despite the brakes not on. Was wondering in IVA like did I lose an engine I got no speed XD was too funny.

Small bug. B9 airbrake don't get reset after recovery. They start deployed despite the brakes not on. Was wondering in IVA like did I lose an engine I got no speed XD was too funny.

If you don't mind, I'll leave that one for you to fix ;) If you get a working config for it, send it my way and I can add it as a default.

Oh wow. You know what I just learned? That you can recover crafts into storage :blush:

I've been recovering from the stock recover button and been getting the cost back. In some cases I wouldn't have minded getting the craft back.

This code seems to do the trick for the airbrake.

MODULE
{
name = FSairBrake
targetAngle = 0
}

Also I tried recovering crafts from the launchpad/runway and it seems to work ok for the launchpad. But for some reason when I use a recovered craft from the runway it starts up rotated towards the sky as if it would have been on the launchpad.

Surprised to be the first one here about this, but: Did anyone check how is it working on the new version?

For now I'll play around with stock KSP just to check how things are, but I'm sure pretty soon I'll start missing the great feature mods add, including this one.

I was hoping this to be somehow implemented into stock, given the overhaul made in career mode lately, but oh well..

Also I tried recovering crafts from the launchpad/runway and it seems to work ok for the launchpad. But for some reason when I use a recovered craft from the runway it starts up rotated towards the sky as if it would have been on the launchpad.

Known issue that is better left unsolved, read: more trouble problem to try and fix than just making the use just go in and flip the craft. I mean you need to refuel anyway right? SO you are going in the sph no matter what.

Thank you for the code for airbrakes. Saved all of us a bit of time there.

And magico not a problem doing it myself I actually am happy you linked the page as I had forgotten where to find it, so thank you.

So, the good news is that making it compile for 1.0 was very easy! The unknown news is that I haven't tested it yet. I just tested StageRecovery and had good results with that, so KCT is next on my list. If you want to help test KCT or SR, here's the development thread: link.

So, the good news is that making it compile for 1.0 was very easy! The unknown news is that I haven't tested it yet. I just tested StageRecovery and had good results with that, so KCT is next on my list. If you want to help test KCT or SR, here's the development thread: link.

Awww yesss. I really do love this mod, and stagerecovery. They force me to make realistic design considerations, accept trade-offs (do I slap on parachutes to recover those boosters or leave them off to get more delta-v?), and encourage me to have several 'ready vehicles' for emergency situations.

And with 1.0 I can also build several tourism vehicles in parallel so I feel l like a travel agency booking space cruises.

Yeah, that's definitely not a good thing! I haven't tried any tourism contracts myself, so I'll need to see how they work in stock and see how I can incorporate them into the crew select. Shouldn't be too hard :)

Yeah, that's definitely not a good thing! I haven't tried any tourism contracts myself, so I'll need to see how they work in stock and see how I can incorporate them into the crew select. Shouldn't be too hard :)

yeah finally had to temporarily disable KCT and launch that way to complete the contract.

Hey magico13, good to see you're on top of things.

Sorry for asking, Its been a long time without playing, but, did you incorporated the full vessel recovery when landed safely, refit and reuse? Based on previous comments I suspect it did, in that case, awesome!

I have another sort of suggestion/request too, have you thought of implementing the different buildings levels into the mod?

For example, having the hangar upgrade, means to build a bit faster craft, allowing for building bigger crafts(as it already does) and more space to build an additional craft at the same time.

As I'm already halfway on the suggestion, I'm going to add up something I thought off way before (from 0.25), the concept is to separate the building and of assembling parts, as the hangar only assembles where as third-party companies that actually build the parts. I've guess this is already partly implemented as recovered parts only need to be patched up. There could be something here but it would mainly be a change of concept, let me know what you think.

As yet another suggestion, (XD sorry), and it may help with the previous issue of getting tourist on board. I think changing the default UI when opening the launchpad and runway, to launch crafts, and instead only show already available crafts for flight, picking the craft and crew with the default UI, if that's possible. That way it could things a lot cleaner and possibly solve the previous mentioned issue. Let me know too.

As always thanks for the awesome work put into this, cheers!

Some of those suggestions are things that were being incorporated into a future project based on KCT, essentially KCT2, that isn't being done by me. There was/is a larger focus on repurposing the existing GUIs rather than making new ones, but it essentially requires a rewrite for it to work well, so KCT won't be having that change. Repurposing GUIs is also very dangerous and can break other mods that depend on them and I'd rather have KCT play nicely with others. Building craft also was going to be split into at least two phases, the first being part sourcing and the second being assembly. I have no idea when, or if, that project will reach a playable state since I'm not directly involved.

Getting the crew selector to work with tourists should be really easy, I just need to get home first ;)

In terms of simple ways of integrating with KSC upgrades, KCT already imposes time requirements and the number of build rates you can have is limited by building level (2 at level 1, 4 at level 2, and 6 at level 3). That can easily be changed through a config file and I've got a config that I call "Simple" which removes all use of upgrade points and bases everything ENTIRELY on KSC upgrade levels. You'll get to choose that as a play style when I implement presets. If anyone really wants to try it out, the untested config is available in this post. In the simple config the number of build rates is determined by VAB/SPH level and the build rates are determined by R&D center level. That's the kind of power available in that one little config file :D

As for recovering vessels into storage directly, it works but it's about as buggy as I expected it to be, since KSP isn't designed for it at all. It especially has issues with when you destroy only one of a symmetry partner. I'll work on that a bit probably after the 1.0 release, since at the very least I should try to avoid letting you put corrupted craft into storage and breaking your game :P

Getting the crew selector to work with tourists should be really easy, I just need to get home first ;)

In terms of simple ways of integrating with KSC upgrades, KCT already imposes time requirements and the number of build rates you can have is limited by building level (2 at level 1, 4 at level 2, and 6 at level 3). That can easily be changed through a config file and I've got a config that I call "Simple" which removes all use of upgrade points and bases everything ENTIRELY on KSC upgrade levels. You'll get to choose that as a play style when I implement presets. If anyone really wants to try it out, the untested config is available in this post. In the simple config the number of build rates is determined by VAB/SPH level and the build rates are determined by R&D center level. That's the kind of power available in that one little config file :D

This is awesome, I was already considering something exactly like that, with the buildings upgrades, makes more sense for progression and takes away the need for upgrade points, and leaving the choice to the player is an even better solution.

I'll gladly test it out and report back. But still, how do I get the new version to work? Just download the base package and the latest dll from the dev thread? (sorry didn't really check if I could find it)

As for recovering vessels into storage directly, it works but it's about as buggy as I expected it to be, since KSP isn't designed for it at all. It especially has issues with when you destroy only one of a symmetry partner. I'll work on that a bit probably after the 1.0 release, since at the very least I should try to avoid letting you put corrupted craft into storage and breaking your game :P

Yeah, I too suspected it could be buggy. You're making the right choice. In any case if it doesn't work, the feature is not all that required, you can still build the craft with a bonus speed for parts.

Have you though about trying to match the recovered craft with one of the saved craft files only? For example, using the craft from file as if it was new.

Or maybe just plainly giving the user the option to return to hangar when landed in the appropriate space.... Oh I got an Idea, give the option to return to hangar and refit, the user then chooses one of the saved craft files, parts that are the same are reused but parts missing cost more. (or something like that)

Some of those suggestions are things that were being incorporated into a future project based on KCT, essentially KCT2, that isn't being done by me. There was/is a larger focus on repurposing the existing GUIs rather than making new ones, but it essentially requires a rewrite for it to work well, so KCT won't be having that change. Repurposing GUIs is also very dangerous and can break other mods that depend on them and I'd rather have KCT play nicely with others. Building craft also was going to be split into at least two phases, the first being part sourcing and the second being assembly. I have no idea when, or if, that project will reach a playable state since I'm not directly involved.

Thats sad to hear, having KCT neatly integrated into the UI was kind of a dream of mine, but I understand why you don't want to.

Thats sad to hear, having KCT neatly integrated into the UI was kind of a dream of mine, but I understand why you don't want to.

That project is coming along, actually. Nothing ready to release, but I know *how* to do that UI mangling and have made some progress at implementing something useful.

Don't have an excessive amount of time for KSP modding anymore, though :(

That project is coming along, actually. Nothing ready to release, but I know *how* to do that UI mangling and have made some progress at implementing something useful.

Don't have an excessive amount of time for KSP modding anymore, though :(

Is there a dev thread? maybe instead of offering a whole separate mod, maybe just a derived modified dll would suffice as an optional file to users. if its ok with magico13 of course.

Is there a dev thread? maybe instead of offering a whole separate mod, maybe just a derived modified dll would suffice as an optional file to users. if its ok with magico13 of course.

No dev thread yet. Not that far enough along. I've done proof of concept of a lot of the individual pieces (mangling squad ui elements, mostly), but no coherent work as to making it an actual 'mod', yet. Like, I've figured out how to hijack the launch dialogues, a more cohesive way to do simulations, a few other things. It definitely is my next project to go full-steam on once I finish the features I want for CrewQueue.

What it will actually end up with is a bit up in the air; the way KCT's code is organized makes it difficult to integrate what amounts to a UI overhaul, and my design 'philosophy' is somewhat different than magico's. It may end up as a 'UI layer' for KCT, or it may end up as a competing mod, or a 'mod of a mod', I just don't know yet.

I would like to voice my appreciation for the project to integrate KCT into the native UI. This has always been a huge hurdle for me to overcome when it comes to using this mod, even though I feel this mod is essential for a meaningful career game (along with remotetech and life support). Either way, though, I'm looking forward to starting my career game in 1.0 with KCT regardless of its implementation. :-)

Based on recent feedback I'm going to be posting a poll later to help me figure out what you guys want me to focus on during the next update (after the 1.0 one, which is pretty much done). There are a lot of things that can be worked on, and usually I work on which ones I want next, but I definitely want to do what you guys want (after all, you guys get to play with it more than I do!). So even if that's a GUI overhaul, if that's the most requested then I'll find a way to make that happen (in which case, enneract I'll be contacting you again ;) )

So look for that later today, probably within a few hours. I won't be able to do any work on anything big until after finals, so the poll will be open for a few weeks.

Quick question: do building levels matter in this mod? Im asking as it could be neat option to have building levels impact stuff like: construction time, research etc.