[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Hi!

I do not know if it has been already posted, but I have a problem with KCT. When I exit the VAB or the SPH after I launched a building process, I can see the top right icon of KST disappearing and then appearing again without any process active. No matter what I try, VAB and SPH processes won't start. The buildings upgrades, instead, work perfectly.

Could it be that KST is incompatible with some of my mods?

That isn't behavior that I have seen before. Can you get me a copy of the output_log.txt file from the KSP_Data folder? Check this link for more instructions on where to find it if you're having trouble. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

I like how this mod enhances the career mode. Time has more meaning now. I think it would have even more meaning if there were running operational costs for the facility as then you could not just sit idly waiting for things to be ready. It would be tricky to balance but could start small as not to make it too difficult.

Maybe some defined constant that is proportional to the upgrade points spent and square of the level of each of the facility buildings?

so could start at something like 1000 per day and increase as the facility develops.

Any thoughts?

As Merill mentions, this is better suited either as a separate mod, or an additional addon for KCT, not necessarily something that should be built into the KCT core. Kerbanomics might be the best bet as an existing mod. With that said, a mod that doesn't add any sort of increase in funds but just adds operational costs might be interesting, but also a little too annoying to deal with without some way to mitigate it outside of the normal contract system. I seem to be moving away from expanding the KCT core and instead breaking it into smaller, more focused pieces, so it's definitely possible something like this could come up as a separate KCT based addon in the future.

That isn't behavior that I have seen before. Can you get me a copy of the output_log.txt file from the KSP_Data folder? Check this link for more instructions on where to find it if you're having trouble. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

I'm having the same issue. He's the file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6wv6arkdop9par/output_log.txt?dl=0

I tested with only KCT and it works fine, its only with the numerous mods that something breaks.

I'm having difficulty with KCT and Kerbinside. I can't seem to set a different launch site and actually launch from there. I've opened a few bases with runways, and set them as the launch site in the SPH. However, when I actually launch a plane from KCT, it always starts at the default KSC. Is this normal and/or intended? Is there a way to make Kerbinside work with KCT?

As Merill mentions, this is better suited either as a separate mod, or an additional addon for KCT, not necessarily something that should be built into the KCT core. Kerbanomics might be the best bet as an existing mod. With that said, a mod that doesn't add any sort of increase in funds but just adds operational costs might be interesting, but also a little too annoying to deal with without some way to mitigate it outside of the normal contract system. I seem to be moving away from expanding the KCT core and instead breaking it into smaller, more focused pieces, so it's definitely possible something like this could come up as a separate KCT based addon in the future.

Thanks,

I will give those plugins a try. All I was thinking was something simple to encourage efficient use of time without necessarily having big economic layer. Paying a small fee would seem to do that. But you are right, another plugin might provide something close enough

I think I've found an weird bug.... brace yourself.

After extensively testing one craft of mine that just won't get into orbit (having a hard time), I've noticed that the weight on the Enginer Redux is actually lower than the one reported at the stock engineer, a whole lot lower.

The stock was reporting above 18t, while the actual weight was ~15t, not allowing me to launch or test. After a while a tracked down the faulty parts, a couple of booster scale down with tweakscale, replacing them solves the issue.

Getting out and back, seems to solve too, even loading the craft. The issue only appears after several simulations and it seemed reproducible. Don't think there was any other effect other than not allowing me to click the launch button.

So, weird combination of KSC simulation with a tweaked scaled part.

I launched a pair of rockets, each with a pilot and a tourist on board for the rendezvous mission. The only thing that caught my eye at first was that when I launched the second one, the tourist that was in the first capsule was listed in the "add crew" list. I did put the right tourist in the second one, launched and all of the missions ticked like they were supposed to. Once I got the second one on orbit and pulled up within visual range, I got the reward for the rendezvous mission. I switched to the first ship and landed it. Now when I go into the tracking station, I can't take control of the second ship that's still on orbit. I can't delete any debris, and when I look at the info for that ship, it shows that the pilot is the only one in it, and the info window is blank. The tourist that is supposed to be on that ship is shown in the astronaut complex now. I get this error in the logs.

[LOG 00:21:52.384] [Tracking Station]: SetVessel(Tourist Launch Vehicle)
[LOG 00:21:52.385] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Tourist Launch Vehicle
[EXC 00:21:52.389] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[InternalSeat].get_Item (Int32 index)
KnowledgeBase.CreateVesselCrewList (.Vessel v)
KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target)
EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data)
PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt)
SpaceTracking.SetVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean keepFocus)
SpaceTracking+ .MoveNext ()
[EXC 00:21:52.448] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
KnowledgeBase.UpdateVesselInfoList (.Vessel v)
KnowledgeBase.FixedUpdate ()

It repeats that last line about 12 times. I've looked in the save file, the tourist is listed as crew in the appropriate vessel but in the crew section near the bottom she is listed as Available. I've tried changing this to assigned, and with that she dissapears from the astronaut complex, but the ship still will not load. Any ideas?

Edit: After playing around with it a little more, the other debris get locked out after I focus on the bugged launch vehicle. I can't focus on it again once it bugs out either.

Edit2: Ok, after a little more playing with it, I found that the idx for the tourist was set to -1. I changed it to 0 and everything started working correctly. I think something is not getting set right during the crew assignment in this mod.

Edited by icedown

Posting excerpts of log files are almost guaranteed to not be enough info to go on. The true culprit can be thousands of lines away, and this error could instead merely be a symptom. Post a link to your complete log file.

That was the only error in the log file at the time, and the only thing unusual. I have reopened ksp several times so the original log from the flight where I loaded the tourist, and where I suspect the actual error that caused this situation, is gone. Will try to duplicate it tomorrow night and see what I can get though.

I'm having the same issue. He's the file.

I tested with only KCT and it works fine, its only with the numerous mods that something breaks.

Nothing is the log is out of the ordinary, which is actually kind of frustrating since errors at least point me in the right direction. Could you (or anyone else with this bug) turn on Debug messages in the KCT settings. They might tell me a bit more. Did you at any point while in the editor press the New or Load buttons after adding the ship to the build list? I think they redid how those buttons work, which might cause issues with KCT, but I haven't gotten a chance to test them.

I launched a pair of rockets, each with a pilot and a tourist on board for the rendezvous mission.

Edit2: Ok, after a little more playing with it, I found that the idx for the tourist was set to -1. I changed it to 0 and everything started working correctly. I think something is not getting set right during the crew assignment in this mod.

Same as above, could you turn on Debug messages when you try to recreate this. It might be a one time fluke, or might be something bigger. But KCT actually checks to make sure the crew member was put into a vessel and sets them back to Available if it fails for some reason. The extra messages output when the Debug setting is on will indicate if that's the case.

And even if there's only one place with errors, please post the full log. I can use it to compare mod lists to see if things are caused by weird mod interactions, and I can get a much better idea of what happened before the obvious errors occurred. Additionally, the output_log.txt file is preferable to the KSP.log file, especially because I wrote a program that splits that log into scenes and gives me a count of the errors in each scene (along with filtering out unneeded lines and the ability to jump from error to error)

I'm having difficulty with KCT and Kerbinside. I can't seem to set a different launch site and actually launch from there. I've opened a few bases with runways, and set them as the launch site in the SPH. However, when I actually launch a plane from KCT, it always starts at the default KSC. Is this normal and/or intended? Is there a way to make Kerbinside work with KCT?

Any thoughts on this, Magico? I know you are busy with school and things, so no pressure. Certainly don't spend a lot of time looking into this. If you know off the top of your head, great. I can always work around this if needed for now.

Here I am. This is my output_log.txt file.

https://mega.co.nz/#!tkMXiBJK!xgswRTRsqW0IFfN3UwpJ5l7utXUVZQvxYGPZVMQsSNI

Ok, it triggered again the next time I loaded a tourist. This seems to be limited to loading tourists, as when I loaded normal other types, it works correctly. Happens ever time with tourists though

Logs:

http://www.icedown.net/KSP.log

http://www.icedown.net/output_log.txt

Mods:

KER 1.0.16.6

Procedural Fairings 3.12

KCT 1.1.6

Vessel Viewer 0.7

ATM

RPM 0.19.1

KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 3.1.3

Kronal Vessel Viewer 0.0.4-1.0

Transfer Window Planner 1.3.0.0

KAC 3.3.0.1

Quick Scroll 1.21

MechJeb2 2.5.0.0

Module Manager 2.6.2

Edited by icedown

Thanks for uploading that. Your mods are WAY out of date, some (possibly many) aren't even designed to work on 1.0. Actually, I just noticed you're running 0.90 so that's not quite as bad as I thought. Wait a sec, KCT isn't even installed. That might not be the correct log file, perhaps it's from an older install?

Assuming your 1.0 mod install is similar, the mods that both of you have in common are (pulled from the log file):

ModuleManager
PFUtilityAddon
Kopernicus
MechJeb
StageRecovery

OuterPlanetsMod

I've seen issues in the past with planet packs causing trouble with plugins, so it could be related. If anyone else with OPM is experiencing weird KCT behavior, please let me know! Thanks.

Ok, it triggered again the next time I loaded a tourist. This seems to be limited to loading tourists, as when I loaded normal other types, it works correctly. Happens ever time with tourists though

Logs:

Yep, definitely can confirm an error, but not entirely sure what to do about it. Is that ship (mostly) stock? If so, can you upload it, assuming the issue is somewhat ship specific. Here's the other log entry that's related:

[Protocrewmember]: Instance of crewmember ProtoCrewMember in part Mark2Cockpit on Tourist Ship Mk 1 did not match instance of Henuki Kerman on crew roster. (Stored index: Henuki Kerman)

I'm not sure if it's specific to using the Mk2 pod, or if somehow the tourist is being changed between scene loads somehow, but I might be able to grab a newer instance of the ProtoCrewMember when assigning them to ships.

- - - Updated - - -

Any thoughts on this, Magico? I know you are busy with school and things, so no pressure. Certainly don't spend a lot of time looking into this. If you know off the top of your head, great. I can always work around this if needed for now.

Sorry, meant to reply to this a while ago but apparently forgot. I had a user report that to actually get the selection for launch site to "stick" you have to exit the editor and launch from the SpaceCenter, which sucks and I want to improve Kerbal Kostructs compatibility in the future. Hopefully that method still works with the latest updates. Sorry about the inconvenience :(

Hey magico, just thought I'd pop in to say how much I'm enjoying the mod so far. Almost a year has passed, and I have not yet gone past orbiting Kerbin. I'm still researching 45-cost techs. Simulations are brilliant, and they make "the actual mission" a big deal. I love the sense of history this mod imparts!

I had only one or two hiccups at the start. Once I created my first rocket, I didn't know where to find it. (Answer: storage section of the UI on KSC screen.) It also took me a couple minutes to figure out how to roll out the rocket, and then to find the rolled-out rocket once it was ready. (I didn't expect to see it under the VAB tab.) But now that I've done it a couple dozen times, it's working great for me.

Anyway, I'm loving it, and I don't have any bugs to report. Just thought I'd say "thanks!"

Well, now I do have a question. I've experimented with adding parachutes to jettisoned stages, but even when they land safely, I don't think they're being added to my Parts Inventory. (Or are they?) And instead of the full value of the item, I get only $200 for the items when I retrieve them as "debris." (I assume this is how stock handles parachuted stages that aren't with the capsule?)

I don't have any stage-recovery mod or Debrefund or anything like that installed. Should I get one?

Well, now I do have a question. I've experimented with adding parachutes to jettisoned stages, but even when they land safely, I don't think they're being added to my Parts Inventory. (Or are they?) And instead of the full value of the item, I get only $200 for the items when I retrieve them as "debris." (I assume this is how stock handles parachuted stages that aren't with the capsule?)

I don't have any stage-recovery mod or Debrefund or anything like that installed. Should I get one?

Per the OP, changelog, and update announcement (some of which are lost in the pages of the threads), I removed the parachute based recovery of stages and now require StageRecovery (I'm the author of both and it doesn't make sense to maintain two instances of what is essentially the same code, but with KCT's older and not as fully featured).

It must be StageRecovery, not DebRefund or any other similar mods (though FMRS would still conceivably work). Though, DebRefund hasn't been updated since 0.24 so I don't think you'd install that :P

Sorry for the inconvenience, but there's a decent chance many of KCT's features will be broken out into separate mods (simulations are next) as KCT, and its community, keeps growing.

Recover dropped stages to recover the parts for your inventory (and some of the funds, 75% of what you'd get based on distance, or 100% if there's a probe core attached). Or use StageRecovery to have more control of this! StageRecovery now required for this!

Ah, sorry I missed that in the original post. Actually, I'm glad you've broken them out into separate mods; that lets us choose what we want. I might try StageRecovery, or I might continue with my current game. There's something to be said for incentivizing me to find ways to minimize parts lost to staging.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, and sorry I bothered you with a question I should have answered myself.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, and sorry I bothered you with a question I should have answered myself.

No worries. I know how hard it can be to find seemingly obvious information. I ran into that issue with USI's MKS. I had a question that I knew had been answered, but couldn't find the answer no matter how hard I tried.

I'm having the same issue as icedown; tourists make things unselectable in the tracking station. Went into persistent.sfs; changing the tourist's idx from -1 to 0 solves the problem.

Mods:

Distant Object Enhancement 1.5.5

DMagic Orbital Science 1.0.3

Kerbal Construction Time 1.1.6

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 3.1.3

MechJeb 2.5.0.0 build 442

PreciseNode 1.1.3

RealChute 1.3.2.3

SCANsat v11 rc6

ScienceAlert 1.8.6

StageRecovery 1.5.5

Stock Bug Fixes 1.0.2b

TAC Life Support 0.11.1.20

Universal Storage 1.1.0.2

VOID 0.18.1

Log.

Will advise as I acquire more information; hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help test this.

If you're able to reproduce it easily, make a backup of that save. I'll probably have a fix for you to test later today. Thanks! :)

Edit:

Ok, for those of you with Tourist woes, could you please try using the .dll from this page (just replace the one in the GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/Plugins folder) here. I think it should prevent any issues in the future, but it won't fix any currently messed up saves (for that, you apparently have to manually edit the save to change the tourist's idx from -1 to 0). Thank you!

Edited by magico13

I was just daydreaming -- would something like this work for delayed recovery of the active vessel if half-way around the planet? Jeb splashes down and you have to wait a week for him and the capsule to return...

Thanks for uploading that. Your mods are WAY out of date, some (possibly many) aren't even designed to work on 1.0. Actually, I just noticed you're running 0.90 so that's not quite as bad as I thought. Wait a sec, KCT isn't even installed. That might not be the correct log file, perhaps it's from an older install?

My bad, I picked up the wrong file. This is the correct one!

https://mega.co.nz/#!NgtUSKDB!kUAAhBlZjhD89J3w83espJNEpXvF9LhYLubtCOorPgM

EDIT: At the moment I have removed the KCT mod because it was not working. Should I add it again and then upload the output file?

Edited by Pigowallace