[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Hello, So I make a rocket it and set it to build and it shows up in the VAB build list when in the VAB but when I click exit to go to the cent to time warp it is no longer in the build list.... I don't want to wait 23 days for my rocket to build... please help?

Hello, So I make a rocket it and set it to build and it shows up in the VAB build list when in the VAB but when I click exit to go to the cent to time warp it is no longer in the build list.... I don't want to wait 23 days for my rocket to build... please help?

I'll need (minimally) log files before I can even attempt to figure out what's causing the issue you're experiencing. I'm likely going to be doing a bug fix update later today, so there's a chance that could fix whatever issue your experiencing.

Edit: And now that bugfix update is released! Pretty small amount of changes, but should fix the most noticeable bugs present in 1.1.6. The KSCSwitcher support was a straightforward port of how it used to work when KSCSwitcher was a part of RSS.

v1.1.7.0 (5/16/15)

- Fixed issues when loading tourists

- Supports Regex's KSCSwitcher now

- Fixed issue with creating a new save after loading one where KCT is disabled

- Fixed bug with facility upgrades failing when loading Space Center from Flight scene

- Updated StageRecovery, Toolbar, and KAC wrappers.

Future plans: I plan on working on Presets now, or at least moving more of the settings into the save (either as a file in the save folder or into the save file itself). Then, it looks like the API is the main target. I'll probably have a release when Presets are done (especially since RSS is likely going to use them and if I can get presets out before RSS updates then that'd be nice for everyone involved), but the API will take a while. There's a chance that I'll do an update with a partially complete API so other mods can start doing things, then release a fuller update later.

With the API, you all won't see any substantial changes from your end, but I'll have to rework a lot of sections of code. It's a fairly big project, but it should help clean up some of the poorly written areas of KCT and will allow other people to do some cool things by extending KCT.

Edited by magico13

Wow just saw the update notice on VAC in game and the thread was not updated yet haha. When will it be on CKAN?

When the NetKAN bot detects it, which is usually within an hour ;)

I've an issue with the "Launch our first vessel!" contract not triggering when using KCT. If I disable KCT for the savegame the contract will be fulfilled just fine. No exceptions or anything special in the log.

I'm still on KCT 1.1.6 (until the CKAN bot does his work ;)), so might be fixed in 1.1.7.0. On the other hand, I've not seen the issue being reported so far.

When the NetKAN bot detects it, which is usually within an hour ;)

Ok that's awesome. One small question though. Is there any future plan to update or expand the inventory menu system? For now it seems kind of cluttered if you have a lot of recovered parts. Also Is there any way to manage the inventory? It would be nice if you can like in real life, pre-build parts or sell them if they are not needed anymore.

I've an issue with the "Launch our first vessel!" contract not triggering when using KCT. If I disable KCT for the savegame the contract will be fulfilled just fine. No exceptions or anything special in the log.

I'm still on KCT 1.1.6 (until the CKAN bot does his work ;)), so might be fixed in 1.1.7.0. On the other hand, I've not seen the issue being reported so far.

I'll look into it, but I started a new career last night and didn't have any issues with that contract completing. If you want to send logs I can take a look, but if it's just that contract and not others than your workaround might be fine.

Ok that's awesome. One small question though. Is there any future plan to update or expand the inventory menu system? For now it seems kind of cluttered if you have a lot of recovered parts. Also Is there any way to manage the inventory? It would be nice if you can like in real life, pre-build parts or sell them if they are not needed anymore.

Yes and no. At some point I want to improve that system, but it's quite a while down the list. Pre-building parts can be done by building something and then scrapping it (a good way to use up time that otherwise wouldn't be used). Selling parts only would make sense if you didn't already get the funds back when you recover or scrap vessels. I've, a couple times now, rewritten the inventory system so that once you buy a part you don't get the funds for recovering it until you sell the part again. Eventually one of those rewrites will be added to KCT. Maybe when I add the API in, since I'll need to rewrite a bunch of stuff anyway.

I'll look into it, but I started a new career last night and didn't have any issues with that contract completing. If you want to send logs I can take a look, but if it's just that contract and not others than your workaround might be fine.

Nevermind, just got the 1.1.7.0 upgrade and with that it's working (or the restarting of KSP helped, or the cosmic particles that caused that problem annihilated, who knows ;)).

Here is the output_log the update did not fix my issue.

Issue is caused as follows.

I enter the VAB

select any craft

Attempt to build the craft

craft appears in the build window when inside the VAB

attempt to exit VAB through the top right button

at the space center overview the craft is no longer visible in the build window

If I enter the VAB again the craft is no longer in that build window either.

It appears that the craft being built doesn't get saved.

Here is the output log for the save.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9nKnJUlbCFWLUh5WFpudm0xeHc&authuser=0

Nevermind, just got the 1.1.7.0 upgrade and with that it's working (or the restarting of KSP helped, or the cosmic particles that caused that problem annihilated, who knows ;)).

Errors in KSP are always a fun adventure. I had one last night with FAR where my wings weren't applying any lift (or drag). Took me 15 minutes to figure out why my plane wasn't taking off like it did during a simulation. A restart fixed it, but it was definitely weird.

Thanks for the update was hoping enneract was going to be able to finally get crewq compatibility with this update. Maybe nxt time :/

I haven't heard anything from him lately, but I just checked his thread. He'll probably submit a PR sometime this weekend into the dev branch, which I'll pull. A full release with compatibility might wait until after presets are done. I too would like to see compatibility and CrewQueue in a nicely working state.

Unfortunately Google Drive is saying I need to request permission to view that file. You probably need to change the sharing options, but I'll request access as well.

Thanks! I think I found the problem right away. CraftHistory for whatever reason totally breaks KCT. I forgot all about that. Unfortunately the only fix is to not use CraftHistory and KCT together. I'll add an issue on GitHub to remind me to look into that more.

E: Looks like the author knows about the issue and has a fix in progress.

Edited by magico13

Okay yeah I just did a fresh install without the two mods that say they're not updated (part reinforcement and craft history) Craft history is a neat little mod and I wanted to check it out since I haven't played in 2-3 months but I love the total concept of KCT! Thank you for the help and sorry for the trouble! now it's time to fly some rockets.. or well build some rockets and THEN fly them!

Thanks for the update was hoping enneract was going to be able to finally get crewq compatibility with this update. Maybe nxt time :/

I'm super sorry, heh. Been CRAZY busy irl the last little bit, haven't had the chance to even think about KSP modding. MAYBE tonight, I'll have a chance to throw together a quick & dirty basic compatibility, but I want to do something a little more substantial for the permanent fix (which should make things easier for magico13 too, actually, I think I'll abstract crew selection out a bit further than it is now).

Can I ask for a feature/UI change?

When I click the icon and open the initial bar, then click VAB and see my queue, notice it is a day until my craft is ready so, I click "Warp to complete" and then the window vanishes so I have to click VAB again to bring it back.

Is it possible for the window to remain when I press 'warp to'?

I'd like to warp to complete building then only have a single button press to select rollout then warp again and click 'launch'. Currently I have to re-open the window each time.

Thank you for this lovely mod, it really makes the game a lot better

Small note, don't know if anyone else is seeing this, or if its a mod interaction on my system, but trying to rename a craft stored in the KCT menu, or while a craft is building/rolling out, causes the KCT window to flicker rapidly.

Is it possible for the window to remain when I press 'warp to'?

It's a side effect of letting you close those sub-windows in the first place. Mildly technically: most of those buttons are a "toolbar", but clicking a button on a toolbar can't be detected (I just know which button is "active"), so to close the sub-windows I check if the activated toolbar button is the same one that was active last GUI change. Unfortunately, clicking any other button also triggers a GUI change.

Basically, I have to switch back to buttons, or use a Toggle that's reskined to be a button. It's been bugging me too, so maybe I'll make that change really quick and have it in the dev version (which now support the TestFlight mod! You can disable part failures during simulations)

Small note, don't know if anyone else is seeing this, or if its a mod interaction on my system, but trying to rename a craft stored in the KCT menu, or while a craft is building/rolling out, causes the KCT window to flicker rapidly.

I'll check it and report back in a moment. E: Which window? The main one? Or the rename window? E2: I know the reason. It's the code that keeps the window centered. I'll fix it, for at least that window. Not sure what's wrong with rollout. I'm not seeing anything there.

E3: Fixed the rename window in the latest dev version. There were two codes fighting to keep it centered and neither was happy with each other. That could happen in one or more other places as well. If you find more flickering, let me know which windows are doing it and what other KCT windows are open. Thanks :)

Edited by magico13

Okay I got a really strange bug. I'm using x64 community workaround. When I start a new game, it says there's an error loading KCT data. However everything loaded fine with another save file which I had existing KCT installed. I tried to start a new game again and it still told me error loading KCT data but this time there's actually something in the construction queue from my other working save file. Where can I find the error log so you can take a look at it?

EDIT: Just did some further testing. I deleted ALL save files and started a new one. Still encountered the same error message and same thing in the construction queue.

EDIT2: Switched back to x86 exe and it's working again. So I guess it's that it loads under x86 normally but won't load in a new save file in x64. However it works in x64 if it's from an existing save file.

Edited by hbkmog

Okay I got a really strange bug. I'm using x64 community workaround. When I start a new game, it says there's an error loading KCT data. However everything loaded fine with another save file which I had existing KCT installed. I tried to start a new game again and it still told me error loading KCT data but this time there's actually something in the construction queue from my other working save file. Where can I find the error log so you can take a look at it?

EDIT: Just did some further testing. I deleted ALL save files and started a new one. Still encountered the same error message and same thing in the construction queue.

I haven't used the community hack since it first was discovered in 0.23, but the log file should be in KSP_Data and is called output_log.txt. There shouldn't be anything especially messed up as a result of the 64 bit version, but the reason it stopped being released was because it was prone to random errors, so who knows! If you get me the log I'll gladly see if I can find anything :)

I haven't used the community hack since it first was discovered in 0.23, but the log file should be in KSP_Data and is called output_log.txt. There shouldn't be anything especially messed up as a result of the 64 bit version, but the reason it stopped being released was because it was prone to random errors, so who knows! If you get me the log I'll gladly see if I can find anything :)

Yeah as I posted above. It technically works on in 64x but just not when you start a new profile.

Anyway, here's the log,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2m976jat_BJNjA2SDA3WW1zdDQ/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: did some testing again. It seems although there's the error message. The mod itself technically still works. But you don't get the opening message to ask you to spend points.

Edited by hbkmog

Yeah as I posted above. It technically works on in 64x but just not when you start a new profile.

Anyway, here's the log,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2m976jat_BJNjA2SDA3WW1zdDQ/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: did some testing again. It seems although there's the error message. The mod itself technically still works. But you don't get the opening message to ask you to spend points.

It looks like a SCANSat issue breaking the initial OnLoad. Do you still get the proper 15 total points? If so, just ignore the error (but report if it happens in existing saves). Otherwise I'd try removing SCANSat, starting the new save, then add SCANSat back in later.

It looks like a SCANSat issue breaking the initial OnLoad. Do you still get the proper 15 total points? If so, just ignore the error (but report if it happens in existing saves). Otherwise I'd try removing SCANSat, starting the new save, then add SCANSat back in later.

I got 15 points but interestingly after 4 or 5 simulation flight, I got 75 points now? So it seems after each simulation flight the unspent 15 points was added to the pool.

Then after that I started a new profile to test again. And the initial points shows -3 somehow. :confused:

Edited by hbkmog

I still had the 15 initial points but interestingly after 4 or 5 simulation flight, I got 75 points now? So it seems after each simulation flight the unspent 15 points was added to the pool.

Sounds like the firstStart variable isn't being set to false. Two options, remove SCANSat and make a new save, or open up the save file in a text editor, search for "firstStart" and change it from True to False (though, going to the SpaceCenter might also fix that part) and also search for "TotalUpgradePoints" and set that to 15.